Team-BHP - Should I buy this Jeep?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Should I buy this Jeep? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/74754-should-i-buy-jeep.html)

Here is my Dilemma!!!!

I have an opportunity to buy a 1950 LHD jeep that has been modified with a diesel engine locally (that is my concern) - the RC book does not have this updated & the seller assures that he will be able to get that updated once I pay him the money.

What is your experience on this - can I take this risk? what is the worst case scenario ? the jeep will not be registered because of the alteration?

BTW this is not exactly a rust bucket but a running as some one mentioned in one of the posts "not exactly a sleek sedan with a/c & great suspension"- at 20 the steering column rattles , at 40 the seats rattle & at 60 your bones rattle.

Would really appreciate good advice here.

Guys - pl do not ask me to post pictures etc as I do not have any & do not intend to engage with the seller till I understand the risks & am mentally really to negotiate.

So pl play along & advice if you can.

Strictly no. Its not street legal. And once you pay the seller, kiss your money good bye. If he can get the change done before you put down a dime, go ahead. Otherwise, look for other sellers.

There is really nothing to discuss here. Play legal. Play right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 1713280)
Strictly no. Its not street legal. And once you pay the seller, kiss your money good bye. If he can get the change done before you put down a dime, go ahead. Otherwise, look for other sellers.

There is really nothing to discuss here. Play legal. Play right.

Thanks for the prompt response - advise taken.

He cannot get the rc book updated as deisel conversions are no longer legal. If it was easy why would he wait to get your payment. He can get it done before that. Stay away from this one..

Quote:

Originally Posted by independence (Post 1713050)
...at 20 the steering column rattles , at 40 the seats rattle & at 60 your bones rattle...

:uncontrol

and if you pay him the money, your entire body will be rattling even at 0 kmph !!! So, stay away from this deal.

try to understand simple logic a man who spends on convertion of engine would definately have the money to get the rc book updated,since he didnt you never will.
wait for a better deal on a street legal vehicle.

So this is a Willyz 1953 LHD - originally a petrol version - a young kid took fancy & got this from a govt. auction - found himself a Jeep mechanic & then the mechanic created a "monthly income scheme" via this gullible kid.

The kid either realized or did not - either way when along on the ride. The kid is now a trying to be a man & wants urgent moolah -as he is establishing his own employment- so he is trying to liquidate the "asset".

The bloke had infact advertised this in the TBHP classifieds some time ago - but for some reason it was yanked off very quickly.

My intent was to help out - but was not too sure of the Indian DMV rules (RTO here I guess) so was trying to understand what it takes.

I believe the mechanic still has the kid on his leash with the assured guarantee of getting the paperwork completed - the kid has to pay up 6 grand for that.

Boy this is turning out to look like a great Indian soap opera - with Music on holdlol: