Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 09:25   #61
Senior - BHPian

@Raj,Pics coming soon,in a new thread.
and yes a few Accessories are there

@Setu,Ex shwroom is 8.76L for SLE,On road in Chd\Ambala is 9.1 Something.
We got it from Patiala.
and discounts is the only reason we got it from Patiala,it depends on dealers.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 21st May 2010 at 09:26.
Old 18th June 2010, 01:08   #62
BHPian

Can anyone put me wise on the following regarding Bolero DI Turbo SLX and Scorpio LX
(a) Mileage
(b) Ownership cost(maint, repairs etc)
(c) Road handling
'cause have to take a decision in a couple of days as 2 which out of the above two vehs should i buy.
Scorpio has more creature comforts ,have not TD any veh as yet.
Any input which helps me in deciding would be welcome.
Old 18th June 2010, 09:16   #63
Senior - BHPian

Mileage is better in bolero, ownership cost in less in bolero & road handling is better in bolero, still buy a scorpio!
Old 18th June 2010, 09:49   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Mileage is better in bolero, ownership cost in less in bolero & road handling is better in bolero, still buy a scorpio!
Hi Raj, thanx for the quick reply ,reminds me of the dialogue of film SHOLEY ,where Amitabh Bachan goes to fix up Dharmender's marriage and just talks about all his negative points but all the while insisting his suitability as a groom for Hema Malini .

Could u through some light on how much would the mileage b as well as monthly maint for the scorpio.R the spares prohibitively expensive.
Old 18th June 2010, 10:30   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramanjit View Post
Can anyone put me wise on the following regarding Bolero DI Turbo SLX and Scorpio LX
(a) Mileage
(b) Ownership cost(maint, repairs etc)
(c) Road handling
'cause have to take a decision in a couple of days as 2 which out of the above two vehs should i buy.
Scorpio has more creature comforts ,have not TD any veh as yet.
Any input which helps me in deciding would be welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Quote:
Hi Raj, thanx for the quick reply ,reminds me of the dialogue of film SHOLEY ,where Amitabh Bachan goes to fix up Dharmender's marriage and just talks about all his negative points but all the while insisting his suitability as a groom for Hema Malini .

Could u through some light on how much would the mileage b as well as monthly maint for the scorpio.R the spares prohibitively expensive.
Comparing the Bolero SLX to Scorpio LX is like comparing apples and mangoes. They are not even close as the Bolero in question has 63BHP DI - T engine whereas the Scorpio has a 120HP mHawk engine. Bolero won't even do 110 kmph on the highway while the Scorpio will cruise all day at 120 and peaking out 150~160.
If you want to compare do it with the Bolero VLX which has the 97 BHP CRDe engine ( same as the Xylo). The price difference between the two is about a Lac and they are better comparable. Over here the maintenance cost, mileage are more or less similar as well.
Old 18th June 2010, 11:04   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Bolero won't even do 110 kmph on the highway while the Scorpio will cruise all day at 120 and peaking out 150~160.
Bolero DI can do 110 with 5 people + luggage onboard.

-- Torqy
Old 18th June 2010, 11:25   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Bolero DI can do 110 with 5 people + luggage onboard.

-- Torqy
My bad! ButI'm sure you'll agree that to reach 110 takes much more time on a DI-T than on mHawk. My point was that comparing both the variants chosen are like comparing chalk & cheese.

The Bolero SLX can be compared to the Scorpio M2DI.

I hope you get my drift.

Cheers
Old 18th June 2010, 14:19   #68
Senior - BHPian

if you go through my ownership report, you will see that i have almost spent Re. 1 per km on maintainence only. to be precise, my car has 36,000 kms on its odo & service charges till now has been Rs. 32,000/-

bolero will easily give 11-12 kmpl in the city while scorpio will only give 9-10kmpl, i am talking about dense mumbai traffic.
Old 18th June 2010, 16:06   #69
BHPian

Quote:
My bad! ButI'm sure you'll agree that to reach 110 takes much more time on a DI-T than on mHawk.
Yes, you can have a coffee-break!

Old 18th June 2010, 23:57   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Comparing the Bolero SLX to Scorpio LX is like comparing apples and mangoes. They are not even close as the Bolero in question has 63BHP DI - T engine whereas the Scorpio has a 120HP mHawk engine. Bolero won't even do 110 kmph on the highway while the Scorpio will cruise all day at 120 and peaking out 150~160.
If you want to compare do it with the Bolero VLX which has the 97 BHP CRDe engine ( same as the Xylo). The price difference between the two is about a Lac and they are better comparable. Over here the maintenance cost, mileage are more or less similar as well.
I agree with u there,but wanted the comparison on maint and mileage just to get an idea ,before i stick my neck out.I have'nt seen any reviews on Scorpio LX anywhere,is nobody buying that ?? SLE seems to be flavoure of the day.VFM i think should b Scorpio LX rather than SLE.Only thing in favour of SLE is that it comes with ABS,which i feel is important .Thanx for the input all the same.
Old 19th June 2010, 11:01   #71
Senior - BHPian

you have answered your query itself. i would say- stay away from a scorpio without ABS. it is a heavy vehicle with a powerful engine, it needs ABS.
Old 19th June 2010, 11:15   #72
Senior - BHPian

@Raman,I was in the same dilemma,and ended up with a Scorpio SLE,instead of either a Bolero SLX or a VLX.
I ended up with a SLE,as we already had a Bolero since 10 years(that was one major factor,that led us towards a Scorpio).

Bolero DI Turbo's engine is lethargic,but it scores high on reliability and mileage.
Bolero Crde,it is fast,and engine,is almost as refined as Scorpio.

If you want to buy a Scorpio,buy SLE,while booking SLE,we had checked out LX,but its interiors felt cheaper than a Bolero SLX
Old 19th June 2010, 16:47   #73
BHPian

As the price difference bet LX and SLE is about a lakh so won't it be better to go for LX and spend the money on ICE,ALLOYS & SCEURITY SYS?I'll ahve to spend on ICE and ALLOYS even if i go for SLE.Thoughts??
Old 19th June 2010, 18:41   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As the price difference bet LX and SLE is about a lakh so won't it be better to go for LX and spend the money on ICE,ALLOYS & SCEURITY SYS?I'll ahve to spend on ICE and ALLOYS even if i go for SLE.Thoughts??
LX,does not have Keyless entry,though it does have Immobilizer,i guess.
Yes Price difference is 1L.
But you get.
ABS-You cant add it later.
Defogger\Wiper-Quite beneficial in rainy\winter season-Again very difficult to add as an Accessory.
better Interiors-LX feels Down market,with cheap trims,and no provision for Speakers.
No side Cladding.
and a few more bells and whistles.
Pricing for SLE is justified over LX.
A Scorpio does need ABS.
As i said,if its a Scorpio buy a SLE,else a Bolero VLX or SLX.
Where are you planning to buy it from?

I visited all dealers in the region

Chandigarh\Mohali\Ambala.
and finally got Best deal in Patiala.
Let me know in case you need any info on this issue.
Old 19th June 2010, 18:45   #75
Senior - BHPian

@Ramanjit: Anyday I'll give priority to ABS over ICE and alloys. Safety first everything secondary.

Most Viewed