Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2010, 15:59   #16
Team-BHP Support

well the volkswagen toureg and the q7 share the same engine with the cayenne i.e the 3.0tdi.
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:30   #17

looks like that i am going to finalise the cayenne.

i had a look at the q7, 4.2 but 1) the middle row comfort was pathetic 2) the last piece that had alreay got shipped (under the special pricing) had drab interiors. so i struck that off.

was forced not to look at the ML by all my cousins since this SUV has not done well in india so far. plus the next gen is expected in the paris show in sept.

then came the GL. GL is huge and has great presence. very comfortable middle and last row. some good features like button operated folding for last row seats, rear camera etc. some options (available on ML) like side boards, memory seats not available. i kept this as my 2nd option.

and then i finally sat in the new cayenne (in dubai). incidently, the showroom was packed with prospective clients...most of the cayenne's parked were with 21in wheels and they looked hot and how. we were taken for a spin in the cayenne s.....we were a total of 5 adults...and my family members in the middle seat were very comfortable in the 10-15 mins of test drive. btw, the cayenne sells in the range of 30KAED there!!...dirt cheap man. is the GoI ever going to do away with customs

so i am looking at the following config...suggestions are most welcome..

cayenne diesel, leather seats, servotronic, dimming mirrors, air suspension with self levelling, light comforts package, seats memory package, 4 zone ac, bose, lane change assist (great feature..should come in handy on the expressways/highways), side airbags rear, multi function steering, universal audio interface (this part sucks...cause cayenne doesn't have an option of a USB port...if you want the USB then you need to spend 4L on their PCM which is more for western countries for GPS), preparation for mobile. i am happy with the standard 18in wheels...however, tilting towards 19in. should i go for 19"? i want maximum comfort esp since my vehicle goes in not so well kept state highways etc. OR does 18/19 doesn't make a difference...( it makes a difference in the purse though - 19in comes at an addl 2L).

porsche doesn't negotiate a paisa do they?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks