Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2010, 19:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Apart from PDI, what other formalities/check I need to perform. I may get Safari on 22nd of September? Somebody mentioned Form 22.

I am planning to do cladding painting with Silky Silver color GX Spec(Sorry HappyWheels)...

1. Can I retrofit middle seat blower (like EX and above) in LX without voiding warranty?

So many questions to ask...
Congrats Anuj!

As for form 22, not sure if they would share the document or show it to you. If not, get a note of the VIN number and decode it. Do this before signing on the dotted line to ensure the date of manufacturing does not come as a surprise to you.

And Cycus Grey with Silky Silver cladding - great. And I hope the painting is part of the freebies being given.

And as for the questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
...The middle seat A/C blower is not required at all. The front blower is sufficient to chill everyones bones
+1 to that. Try out the stock a/c for sometime and then decide if you really want the middle a/c unit. And yes, it can be done.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2010, 20:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anuj, Cycus grey is a cool colour for a safari.

Quote:
The middle seat A/C blower is not required at all. The front blower is sufficient to chill everyones bones
Pavan, don't know about your bones, but in my case on a hot day, I do find that at speed1 of the blower, the cooling is not all that effective, the passengers in the middle row have always used the blower which is overhead to actually feel comfortable.
I would definitely not call the Safari ac to be bone chilling, this is strictly my opinion.
Anuj, I would suggest you use it as stock for now and decide for yourself, again depends on your payload and how frequently will the rear seats be used.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2010, 22:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Anuj. Cycus grey looks good on the beast. Enjoy your ride. I can tell you, its tough to get off the vehicle when you reach home. You will want to continue driving this.

Thanks Raghu, Dev and HappyWheels for your quick responses. I am not the variety to be getting into off roading and stuff. And i certainly could feel a huge difference in the braking, compared to the Safari i owned a year back, clearly making me inclined to the GX 4 X 2 variant. For me its a case of once bitten ( or smitten ) by a safari. Have been missing this for a year now.

All i now need to close is the discounts with Concorde, the paper work, the lease documents with my organisation and wait for the delivery. More when i actually do the booking and take delivery, to start an ownership report.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2010, 23:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats Anuj!
If not, get a note of the VIN number and decode it.
And Cycus Grey with Silky Silver cladding - great. And I hope the painting is part of the freebies being given.
And as for the questions:
+1 to that. Try out the stock a/c for sometime and then decide if you really want the middle a/c unit. And yes, it can be done.
Thanks HappyWheels, Sales executive promised me giving VIN number coming Wednesday and next Wednesday is delivery. I would take help of wildon or thread about VIN number to decode it.

Painting is not coming as freebies. It will be paid. I thought making it similar to GX color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Anuj, I would suggest you use it as stock for now and decide for yourself, again depends on your payload and how frequently will the rear seats be used.
Thanks Hari, hope we will meet again in next TeamBHP meet. Once I attended in your lavish farm.

Yes, I will be using Safari for several days before deciding on top AC blower. Definitely it make difference. But in my family we only three 2 + 1 (5 year old kid) will travel. Rarely it would be fully loaded with passenger. I hope with 2+1 person current AC would be sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Congratulations Anuj. Cycus grey looks good on the beast. Enjoy your ride. I can tell you, its tough to get off the vehicle when you reach home. You will want to continue driving this.
Thanks jkrishnakj. Safari was long pending dream for me. I really wanted to go for GX 4X4, but that would have materialized only mid next year. I could not hold that much and booked LX only. I am happy as far as Safari is concerned.
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2010, 09:53   #35
BHPian

Hearty CONGRATULATIONS Anuj!

Good idea to get those grey claddings painted to your liking. Makes a huge difference.
I hope KHT motors do a good job with the painting.
(The Hosur dealer with whom I'm going to book soon wasn't very keen on answering my painting questions, and infact tries to discourage me... Right now in confusion between LX and EX and trying to stretch for EX 4x2).

Wishing you a great delivery experience and thousands of miles of happy driving on the Safari.

By the way, do you think I can take delivery of LX from the Hosur dealer and ask KHT or Concorde to paint the claddings? Is it a day's job or would it take longer?

Also please share what music system and speakers you're going to install (I'm a dumbo when it comes to ICE, but want to fit some good stuff on my upcoming LX).

Suresh.
verditer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2010, 10:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Hearty CONGRATULATIONS Anuj!

Good idea to get those grey claddings painted to your liking. Makes a huge difference.
I hope KHT motors do a good job with the painting.
(The Hosur dealer with whom I'm going to book soon wasn't very keen on answering my painting questions, and infact tries to discourage me... Right now in confusion between LX and EX and trying to stretch for EX 4x2).

Wishing you a great delivery experience and thousands of miles of happy driving on the Safari.

By the way, do you think I can take delivery of LX from the Hosur dealer and ask KHT or Concorde to paint the claddings? Is it a day's job or would it take longer?

Also please share what music system and speakers you're going to install (I'm a dumbo when it comes to ICE, but want to fit some good stuff on my upcoming LX).

Suresh.
Thanks Suresh, I feel anyone can do painting as long as it is paid. KHT quoted me appx 16K for paintings. I feel they will need at least two days to paint cladding. However, many people advised me not to go for cladding painting as it will be tough to maintain, as cladding is bound to get scratches.

For ICE, I would go for not much HiFi but reasonable good ICE. My current plan is Pioneer/Kenwood Head Unit (with Aux In and USB), JBL Comp in front doors, JBK Co-axial in Mid door. I prefer to keep my ICE budget below 20K. No Amp or Sub for me and no separate box or cutting etc with proper wiring harness.
Old 14th September 2010, 10:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have booked Cycus Grey Safari from KHT Motors after seeing black color LX standing in their Showroom.
Congrats Anuj.....nice to see a long cherished dream come true

Have fun munching the roads!
suman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2010, 22:54   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks HappyWheels, Sales executive promised me giving VIN number coming Wednesday and next Wednesday is delivery. ...
Congrats Anuj. Can you tell when you booked exactly? I booked GX 4x2 Cycus Grey on Sept 3rd and still awaiting despatch from Pune. Concorde is telling stories that TML has delayed deliveries.
druva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2010, 11:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
Congrats Anuj. Can you tell when you booked exactly? I booked GX 4x2 Cycus Grey on Sept 3rd and still awaiting despatch from Pune. Concorde is telling stories that TML has delayed deliveries.
Thanks for your wishes, and congratulation from my side too for your Cycus Grey GX 4X2.
I have booked on 10th September. Yesterday, I got to know that it will take few more days for delivery. Final date he has not quoted yet. Sales executive as promised will give me call today evening.
Old 20th September 2010, 09:27   #40
BHPian

Well, finally I did it - booked my Mountain Green LX this Saturday. The Hosur dealer was having a roadshow and offered some Rs.5000 of accessories free along with corporate discount, so I just went in for it.
I dont have a word on delivery date yet,, he is still working on getting the proforma invoice, after which I'll have to approach SBI.

For a week, I was in big dilemma deciding between EX and LX,, finally settled on LX.. Will take a look once the mountain green arrives, then decide whether I want to paint the claddings or not.

Wish me luck! :-) It is an incredible feeling.
verditer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2010, 12:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Well, finally I did it - booked my Mountain Green LX this Saturday....

For a week, I was in big dilemma deciding between EX and LX,, finally settled on LX.. Will take a look once the mountain green arrives, then decide whether I want to paint the claddings or not.
Congratulations!! You made a wise decision - EX over LX only makes sense if you are going for the 4x4 variant.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2010, 12:52   #42
BHPian

Hello All,

I got my SAFARI Ex on 11th sep.

Went for a long trip (SHirdi, Shingnapur, & Bhimashankar) with Family ( 7 members) On Friday 17th Sep. Did almost every terrain, offroad, rain, mountain whatever.

Here are a few things that need to be taken care Anuj, Verditer & others who are planning to buy a new BULL.

1: Breaking of Ex are OK not so good ( Without ABS), you can handle the beast pretty well if driving under 100 Kmph.

2: @ VERDITER PLease do listen to the Alpine Music system that comes as a stock with SAfari. Sound quality is not at all good, if ok for you change it. Go for SONY Explod & Atleast change speakers to good one's.

3: MOST MOST IMPORTANT CHANGE THE HEADLIGHT BULBS TO at least 100/90 or higher as bull comes with PHILIPS 60/55, which is not enough or get a powerfull additional lights.

4: A/c is fantastic & "Bone chilling" actually if middle blower is on as well.
FOr Anuj who will be only three passengers front a/c is more than enough remember it has a blower at center of front seat for the middle seat, however not enough if you have someone at last row.

5: I am not sure if I have a flaw in my driving or a flaw in my bull but windshield wipers are not sufficient if driving in very heavy rain, you have to sinificantly reduce the speed to have a clear visibility in heavy downpour. Its scary . It was not enough even at full speed of wipers.

6: this can be ignored but ignition key is pretty inconviniently located, I have to struggle a bit everytime to put the key in.

7: At all who want Colored cladding, get it from TASS, not outside same is applicable for 2nd A/c unit.

I still say go for Ex as suggested by others. Its truely worth it. Company fitted accessories are a way apart from externally fitted.

& to all who think that Ex is not worth unless 4x4, sorry but you are wrong, second A/c unit ( not blower) & ENGINE IMMOBISER IS WoRTH it. Just lock the bull & sleep well, the only way some one can take away EX is by puishing it :-)

Rest all is just immaculate. seating, cooling comfort, ride quality whatever you can think of. JUST ENJOY.

You guys carry on the discussion, will keep posting my experiences. My bull is already due for its 1000 KM service..

Thanks a ton everybody again, drive safe
Saurabh Tiwari.
Old 21st September 2010, 13:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Saurabh,

Congrats on getting your hands on your Safari! Happy and safe motoring!

Now, to your observations:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
2: @ VERDITER PLease do listen to the Alpine Music system that comes as a stock with SAfari. Sound quality is not at all good, if ok for you change it. Go for SONY Explod & Atleast change speakers to good one's...
Guess this is one of those things that are dependent on the person. I found the OEM system fine. And Sony Xplode on my Alto is not all that great.

Quote:
...3: MOST MOST IMPORTANT CHANGE THE HEADLIGHT BULBS TO at least 100/90 or higher as bull comes with PHILIPS 60/55, which is not enough or get a powerfull additional lights. ...
+1 to that! Seriously! The lighting are too poor and I would rank it as a risk. Me happy with my upgrade

Quote:
...5: I am not sure if I have a flaw in my driving or a flaw in my bull but windshield wipers are not sufficient if driving in very heavy rain, you have to sinificantly reduce the speed to have a clear visibility in heavy downpour. Its scary . It was not enough even at full speed of wipers...
Agree with you on the wiper efficiency. Had noted this also. The speeds are not evenly spread out and even at full speed, if you are having a downpour, one is safer at highly reduced speed. (Since I have an Alto) I feel confident with the wiper efficiency of my Alto than the Safari at downpours (limited only to the wiper efficiency and nothing else).

Quote:
...6: this can be ignored but ignition key is pretty inconviniently located, I have to struggle a bit everytime to put the key in...
Just a matter of getting used to. Faced the same issue with me fumbling with the keys during the initial days!

Quote:
...& to all who think that Ex is not worth unless 4x4, sorry but you are wrong, second A/c unit ( not blower) & ENGINE IMMOBISER IS WoRTH it. Just lock the bull & sleep well, the only way some one can take away EX is by puishing it :-)...
Couldn't agree more with you. The immobilizer is the definite deal breaker here. You will not be able to after-market fit this and this is one that the thieves will stay away from.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2010, 14:17   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : Saurabh, congrats on getting your Safari delivered. Please start a new thread in Initial ownership section for further discussions.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2010, 21:11   #45
BHPian

Upgrade to Safari LX - Does over knowledge opens the door for more issues?

Friends,

I'm planning to upgrade my i10 to Safari LX by Dec 10/Jan 11.
Don't know because of IT background or not, my mind simply jigging from SUV to Sedan and Sedan to SUV for past 4 month.

Before shortlisting to Safari LX, I have Scorpio and Ford Fiesta Zxi(Petrol) in my mind.

Though I am great Scorpio follower since my college days but that was knocked down by few guys who are around this forum.
After going through Tanveer, Pavan , JK Das, ADC and other ownership threads I was bowled out and changed my attitude to reclaim my life with my Safari soon.

Now, I have few questions to Safari lovers.

Going through threads of my fellow bhpian, some small and big issues have been recorded like niggles, electric parts failure, A/C fuse issue etc.

I don't know whether all these things clubbed to affect Tata reliabilty on Safari?

My relatives too owning Safari for more than 3 years. But I never get any negative feedback rather than rattling in bad roads from there respective drivers when I enquired about issues if they encountered!!!

Even though there safari are trouble free, one of my cousin beast is not withstanding for price quoted in the used car market because questioning on "RELIABILITY".

Now this also ticked my mind, whether over knowledge too opens the door for more issues. Is it So?

Because the drivers who I met for suggestions does know to drive and not care about the car. So this ignorance could not sensed any issues so far ?!

Do you think the way I assume is right?

Also want to know one more info on Maintenance of New Tata safari averagly per year if I do 15000KM per year.

Regards,
Camon
camon is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks