Team-BHP - Hyundai Tucson - is it a good buy?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Hyundai Tucson - is it a good buy? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/87649-hyundai-tucson-good-buy.html)

One of my Uncle's close acquaintance is selling a 2-3 years old 30K done Tucson (may be Terracan, not sure) for 4-5L. Is this a good deal? The car has been primarily used in Goa & is one of his car collection. This car should be a KL or GA registered one.

What're some of the known issues with the car? I know it was not a good seller in India & not sure what to answer my Uncle as why it couldn't make a good sales here.

I haven't seen the car yet, but considering the fact that, the car passes through the PDI for used car AND the car needs to be reregisterd (if a GA registered one), is this price a good buy?

Please advice. Tks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2040642)
One of my Uncle's close acquaintance is selling a 2-3 years old 30K done Tucson (may be Terracan, not sure) for 4-5L. Is this a good deal? The car has been primarily used in Goa & is one of his car collection. This car should be a KL or GA registered one.

What're some of the known issues with the car? I know it was not a good seller in India & not sure what to answer my Uncle as why it couldn't make a good sales here.

I haven't seen the car yet, but considering the fact that, the car passes through the PDI for used car AND the car needs to be reregisterd (if a GA registered one), is this price a good buy?

Please advice. Tks.

2-3 year old , 30K run and for 4-5L :Shockked: . Grab the offer, It should be a Tucson, Coz I don't think you can get Terrcan for that much low price.
Even if it's Tucson, that's a great deal.
It didn't sell much , but got good features. Spares should not be much of a problem as it's been recently stopped from production.
For Terracan, Spares will be a problem.

I had almost finalized on a 3.5 year old Tuscon for 7.5l, so that's definitely a great price. Maintaining one ain't very expensive. Tuscon has a really good engine and very low NVH levels. What's more, I found the backseat more comfortable than the old-gen CRV. The one I had checked had scratches on the rear bumpers (the ones made of plastic). I was quotes 15k for the whole replacement. But here, I doubt about the condition since it's 3-4l less than the market price. Do post some pics here :)

It is an unbelievably low price for a car which costed 17-18 lakhs when it was new. Prices I have seen in Bangalore is 8-9 lakhs for Tuscons which are 4-5 years old and have done 40-60 k.

Price is OK. But

1) Goa registration - implies you need to pay the local taxes in chennai or whereever you plan to get this registered, at standard rates of 2-3 year old depreciated Tucson (not based on the price at which you buy.) this could be a good sum if the taxes in chennai are high (am not aware, in mumbai this would be quite substantial).
2) Something is fishy considering the rates, it should have be about 6L.
3) Maintenance should be fine for another 3 years, for the long term you need to get a vehicle that is sold in larger numbers.

2-3 years old 30K done Tucson for 4-5L seems too good to be true. At the onset, something doesn't sound right about the price but you never know. We will await more details from you

I have a 2005 Tucson which has now done close to 98K kms and I can vouch for it as a superb vehicle. It has stayed very much trouble-free but Tucson's bugbear is its weak clutch. The clutch kit requires frequent replacement sometimes as soon as every 25K Kms.

I am ready to buy it if you let it PASS.

PM me the registration details, I can get it's history verified.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesquall (Post 2042004)

PM me the registration details, I can get it's history verified.

Anybody can get an Hyundai car's history verified very easily. Go to any Hyundai ***, give them the car's registration number, they will give you the entire service history. Just like that, no questions asked, no money charged.

Nitin

I sold my 2005 Tucson, done 110000 kms for 6 lakhs without any trouble. 2 months back I had turned down an offer of 6.75 lakhs for the same vehicle:Frustrati. I would say the offer your uncle has got is quite good. Due diligence recommended.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesquall (Post 2042004)

Third Suitor...:)
I don't mind getting a second Tucson if it is KL registered and coming at a "Good" price

Ok, the update here is that, its a Goa registered & was in good condition when my Uncle drove it; but still I would require a reregistration to move to KL; its a Tucson & not Teraccan. Its still under preliminary stage & the sale might not even materialize, so its too early to comment to PASS or not.

I'm just looking out for any well known troubles with Tucson to avoid buying it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2042586)
I'm just looking out for any well known troubles with Tucson to avoid buying it.

As mentioned earlier, the vehicle is rock solid and relatively trouble-free except for the weak clutch which is a real PITA on an otherwise brilliant package. Mine is on the 3rd clutch set which I've observed to be quite the chore with all Tucsons that I know of (4 Nos). Next time when it deteriorates (I'm sure it will), I'm gonna try an after-market part recommended by Tucson Club UK.

Unlike a few Indian SUV's, Tucson can effortlessly reach crazy speeds (GPS proven 167 kmph max) and still feel at home. The road grip is amazing and all round disc brakes gives more than sufficient stopping power.

Tucson spare parts costs are reasonable for a 16Lacs+ vehicle since lots of them are shared between Tucson, Elantra and Sonata. Availability might be a minor issue for some parts, but upon order Hyundai flies it down from Korea in 2-3 days max.

Tyre life is not that great on the Tucson: 30-40K Kms is what can be expected on average.

I'd suggest you to go for it if vehicle condition is verified good and the mileage is genuine.

OFF TOPIC: I've kept two of my AP registered cars in Kerala for more than 3 years when I was deputed abroad. They were in moderate use (weekly twice or thrice) by my brother during these 4 years and not even once were they pinned down for ex-state number. All they checked was mandatory Registration, PUC and Insurance papers. Unlike the greedy KA cops, I guess KL cops go easy on other state registrations. If you have a VIP number, the KA cops don't trouble you either.:)

Update - We spoke with the potential sellers & came to know that they'd already sold the vehicle few months ago. Sale price - 5L; I literally feel like banging myself for the lost opportunity.

Thanks a lot guys & DigitalV for sharing your inputs.
Thanks @Prateek, ACM & Sush.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2044107)
Update - We spoke with the potential sellers & came to know that they'd already sold the vehicle few months ago. Sale price - 5L; I literally feel like banging myself for the lost opportunity.

The deal was too good to be true! You missed that opportunity man! :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2044107)

You missed it man ! YOU CANNOT GET A TUSCON SO EASILY IN THE MARKET.it was good car,but didnt sell because of pricing

Better luck next time and if you come across any please let me know:)