Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2010, 14:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Ragul,

Congrats and dont fret the color stuff. Once you start driving it, you will forget about everything else. Enjoy the bone breaking ride, you will always love it.
Old 11th November 2010, 15:12   #62
Team-BHP Support

Lucky you, and congratz! Feeling of delivering a new 4x4, well thats something else altogether
Old 12th November 2010, 21:29   #63
BANNED

Ok, I took delivery today late afternoon and brought her straight to office.

Initial impressions - very very quiet engine, difficult to make out if it is on or off many times in the traffic. Brake clutch pedals very fuss free, no stubborn or gritty or jammy behavior. In fact the Maruti person who drove my car to the showroom from the Yard, said it is very very unlike older Gypsy's and ultra refined and quiet. He was praising its refinement over older models a lot.

If any T-BHPians were stuck behind me as I struggled at a U-Turn my sincere apologies. This is my first car and my first experience of driving on roads. My driving experience totals less than 100kms to date.

In fact I have to add there was exemplary behavior from Bangalore motorists as I stalled at a U-turn multiple times. No harsh honking and lots of patience displayed.

I do not miss the power steering from the Ritz or Esteem I have practiced on. Except that it made negotiating the multi-level car parking with hairpin bends at office a little tricky requiring reverse gear a few times. But that may improve with practice.

Pictures tomorrow as it got dark soon after I picked it up.

The dealer could not repair the bend on the driver side doors interior panel so he placed an order with Maruti for a new one and will replace it once the item arrives in stock.

There were some other issues with the dealer about which I will post over the weekend.

Once again, please forgive my bad driving when you see a silver Gypsy on the roads in the coming weeks.

--Rahul

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2010 at 10:08. Reason: Strictly no more than 2 smileys per post please
Old 12th November 2010, 21:41   #64
BHPian

congrats Ragul !

Although I am no expert on 4X4 vehicles and have just picked up knowledge from this forum,

just be very careful you do not put the lever in 4H or 4L on normal road tarmac.

Cheers and enjoy the drive. Desperately waiting for the pics
Old 12th November 2010, 21:46   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hey Man, Thats great news. Awesome feeling na when you first lay your hands on it and start it. Its a fuss free vehicle and will serve you well. Enjoy.
Old 12th November 2010, 22:28   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy4u View Post
congrats Ragul !

Although I am no expert on 4X4 vehicles and have just picked up knowledge from this forum,

just be very careful you do not put the lever in 4H or 4L on normal road tarmac.

Cheers and enjoy the drive. Desperately waiting for the pics
Yes, I have read up a bit on 4x4 and different types of differentials etc. on TBHP and other sites and understand the dangers of driveline bind damage.

In fact I repeatedly called the dealer and asked him to ensure nobody in the stockyard used 4wd when moving it around and to the RTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hey Man, Thats great news. Awesome feeling na when you first lay your hands on it and start it. Its a fuss free vehicle and will serve you well. Enjoy.
That awesome feeling is quiet offset by the anxiety and travails of being a new learning driver But yes, its the long term plans that I find very appealing and enticing.

Cheers
Old 12th November 2010, 23:19   #67
Senior - BHPian

Congrats
btw,silver colour is still available,i saw a unregistered silver gypsy king last week here in chandigarh.
Old 13th November 2010, 00:32   #68
BHPian

Congratulations Ragul on your new Gypsy!
So the engine is not a K series engine! Is it BS IV?
How about the better handling part which was been discussed?

Please post the interior pictures too.
Old 13th November 2010, 22:25   #69
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dude... pics please!!!!!!!!
Old 14th November 2010, 11:31   #70
BHPian

congrats raghul on your new acquisition ,please post some interior pics and the engine bay and also let us know in detail how much you saved on the cost against the quotation.
Old 15th November 2010, 10:10   #71
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
So, what changes have MUL done on the G13BB to make it BSIV complaint is the biggest question.
A beefed up, differently positioned cat-con and slight variance in state of engine tune. I don't suppose anything else has been done.

@ Ragul : Congratulations on the Gypsy. Please create a new thread with detailed pictures and an ownership report. It'll greatly help other potential buyers. Thanks
Old 16th November 2010, 16:43   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A beefed up, differently positioned cat-con and slight variance in state of engine tune. I don't suppose anything else has been done.

@ Ragul : Congratulations on the Gypsy. Please create a new thread with detailed pictures and an ownership report. It'll greatly help other potential buyers. Thanks

Done. Here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post2142372

Thanks guys for your support and encouragement.

Lets continue on the new thread.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks