Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 19:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Vinay - as already suggested by JSL, go for EX 4x4. Out and out VFM proposition. You will save close to 2L over the next available 4x4 option, which is the GX.
I would not recommend skipping ABS. It is a life saver, especially for a 2ton+ vehicle.
Old 11th October 2010, 23:28   #32
BHPian

Why dont you go for GX. The only major thing missing is airbags. Rest of the stuff is just accessory.

How much is the GX and EX on road ??
Old 14th October 2010, 10:09   #33
BHPian

Folks, thanks a lot for the suggestions and i apologise for the delayed revert. I am just back from my second round of Ladakh trip in 2 months to drive back my Fiat Adventure which was stationed there after the roads were washed away in the cloud burst.

From what i hear from most of the replies here, EX 4X4 seems to be the choice and vfm proposition. Also now that the Aria has been launched, my personal take is that while its a much better built car and appears to have better driveability, the pricing is way beyond my budget.

So i would take a call on whether to stick to the Safari EX or not. A new tug of war with my heart is the Tjet Linea, although it is principally not the car for outdoors that i wish to be doing. God why are choices so tough to make ?
Old 15th October 2010, 15:42   #34
BHPian

I have finally decided to play it a bit safe (vis-a-vis my budget) and am closing in on the Tjet.

The safari would need to wait for some more time - possibly the new version would still tug my heart and i would take a call couple of years down.

Till then it would be the twin Fiats - Linea TJet and the Adventure doing the duty.

Most Viewed