Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 13:40   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Help choose - Innova petrol or diesel?

Quote:
I hope you have purchased the extended warranty as well
Standard warranty on this is 3 Years & around 1 Lac Km which should be enough in my opinion but I will surely check if we can increase warranty as I plan to keep this for long

Quote:
Lying idle for 1.5 yrs sounds crazy but I am sure it isnt as bad as it sounds.
They have a covered warehouse and I am sure they must have put this on display whenever they were short of Diesel one's so it must be moving periodically . Given the volume these dealership do I don't think there is anything to worry on . In Punjab Petrol is expensive by Diesel by substantial amount , I am sure if this car would have been at any other place it would have gone by now , I asked them if they have one more in similar condition after my short experience

Quote:
Is there a team-BHP article on what to watch out for idle cars? There are unbelievable deals going around
nope , but seems like a good idea till the time someone actually starts a dedicated website selling such things , it will be nice to start a thread with deals exclusive on old models / shapes . I picked a Q7 -4,2 on similar pattern in June as well , its another matter that I sold this off in less than a week .

Edit : As per Dealer here there is no extended warranty available on Toyota models - standard is 3 Years / 1,00,000 km -

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st September 2014 at 13:57.
Old 1st September 2014, 14:22   #62
BHPian

^^ I think 3 years is good enough. No extended warranty in punjab! That's quite strange. Any particular reason why?
Old 1st September 2014, 14:27   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No extended warranty in punjab!
I think they don't offer anywhere - I could not find information on extended warranty
Old 18th March 2015, 10:52   #64
BHPian

HI, I am considering buying a petrol Innova.

Could you fine folks advise the price lately for GX 8 seater petrol? Delhi

Thank you
Kn1ght1941 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 22:04   #65
BHPian

Petrol model is discontinued now. Not sure of the prices of used ones, but surely there aint many to pick from
BlueJay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 14:51   #66
D4D
BHPian

Yes, the petrol model is discontinued.

The demand was extremely less. There maybe used options, that generally are extremely well maintained and they don't run too many KMs.

I know someone who recently picked up a 2007 petrol V model from a doctor which had run about 38k KMs for INR 4.3 Lakh.

If you want a petrol UV, why not look at Mobilio/Ertiga?
Old 5th May 2015, 16:38   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kn1ght1941 View Post
HI, I am considering buying a petrol Innova.

Could you fine folks advise the price lately for GX 8 seater petrol? Delhi
Petrol and Innova, they don't go well together.

If you go ask Toyota guys for a Petrol Innova they'll be wondering when did we make it.

IMO finding a used petrol Innova too would be difficult. Hard luck. All the best.

Leaving aside the Innova, what are your requirements?

Why not look at Ertiga/Mobilio petrol variant?

Last edited by a4anurag : 5th May 2015 at 16:43.
Old 10th May 2015, 12:30   #68
BHPian

Thanks guys,

I think it is good to wait for the new innova to be launched. Of course it will take time, but I am sure it will be worth the wait.

I dont think an ertiga or mobilio is big enough for my large family of well fed adults frankly.
Old 27th August 2020, 08:57   #69
Senior - BHPian

Resurrecting an old thread.

A close relative of mine would like to purchase a brand new automatic Crysta. ZX variant only. He's currently using a petrol Ertiga which will soon be 8 years old.

He's split between the petrol and diesel variants since his running is only 10,000 kms a year. He primarily drives in the city but chances are he'll be taking the car on highway drives more often, probably once in 6 months.

His daily commute is 11 kms one way which takes approximately 35 minutes inclusive of 15 minutes of idling.

1) Is it worth investing in a petrol Crysta?
2) With the running conditions mentioned above, will the diesel particulate filter (DPF) get clogged quickly?
3) How much mileage can we realistically expect from the petrol and diesel Innova?
4) Parts availability for the petrol variant?
5) The unpredictable NGT 10 year rule although he's in Chennai. Should we take this into account?

He's planning to keep the car for 5-7 years although I would encourage to keep a car like Innova for 10 years.

Looking forward to your opinions
Old 27th August 2020, 13:30   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
A close relative of mine would like to purchase a brand new automatic Crysta. ZX variant only. He's currently using a petrol Ertiga which will soon be 8 years old.

2) With the running conditions mentioned above, will the diesel particulate filter (DPF) get clogged quickly?
3) How much mileage can we realistically expect from the petrol and diesel Innova?
5) The unpredictable NGT 10 year rule although he's in Chennai. Should we take this into account?

He's planning to keep the car for 5-7 years although I would encourage to keep a car like Innova for 10 years.
In my opinion, the petrol Innova should suffice. The yearly usage pattern doesn’t justify the premium to invest in the diesel version.

To answer your questions -

1. Sure, the petrol Innova has a decent track record with the added advantage of peace of mind from the T badge.
2. I don’t know about quickly, but it will definitely need regular Italian tune-ups to keep it running healthy.
3. I’ll let the owners answer this.
4. It shouldn’t be a problem at all. The 2.7 petrol engine is used worldwide and it’s reliability is well known. Also, Toyota uses this engine in the Fortuner too.
5. All the more reason to choose the petrol Innova.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 10:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

For someone who might change the car at 5-10 years, it might not be worth it due to depreciation. My uncle (who also happens to live in Chennai) had a petrol Innova from 2005-16 and a Crysta 2.7 ZX AT after that. His vehicle is owned by a business, so not upgrading wasn't a big financial loss.

Answering your questions:
1. For a 5-7 year window, you mostly will lose a lot of money
2. Too early to comment IMHO
3. Chennai City: 8 - 8.5 kmpl; 2 lane highways: around 10 kmpl; 4 lane highways: 11-12 kmpl; Don't be surprised to see 5-8 kmpl on the MID on ghats depending on the road and the load as petrols are sensitive to loading
4. Need not worry as Toyotas never ever breakdown
5. Resale is generally horrible, so be prepared to keep it 12-15 years at minimum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post

Here's a thread you should read: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...7l-petrol.html (Review: Toyota Innova Crysta 2.7L Petrol AT)
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed