Team-BHP - Help choose - Innova petrol or diesel?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Help choose - Innova petrol or diesel? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/9089-help-choose-innova-petrol-diesel.html)

Hi

I am planning to take up the Rs 80,000 discount offer on Innova. Can experts please help me choose diesel vs petrol? Is there a huge difference in ride quality? The car will be primarily chauffeur-driven. The difference is price in Bangalore is around Rs 65,000. Usage primarily for family use mostly in the city. Average: 1000 kms/month.
Thanks
MANISH

A petrol is worth considering - look at this months CAR

shan2tnu has innova petrol I guess !!! there was review in the new car section by him on innova petrol and overall I think its a good car. If you are okay with petrol mileage (diesel mileage is much better and its more affordable) then you should go with petrol version.

Well I dont know why ride quality should be different for petrols and diesels?

I dont know if there is a difference in Ride Quality, but NVH levels will be much lower for the petrol. It should be a VERY comfortable petrol car....GO for it!

This should help you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...=innova+petrol

for a mere run of 1000km/month, its not good for u to even consider a diesel option! the genera maintenence of a diesel car is anyday more than the petrol's. and 1000km/month will definately not make up to it, so rather buy the Petrol version, and enjoy the luxuries of the Petrol - less vibrations/more pickup than its diesel sibling.

The Innova Petrol is for u! and u could get a lil more discounts on the petrol versions.

Petrol.... Petrol....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil
for a mere run of 1000km/month, its not good for u to even consider a diesel option! the genera maintenence of a diesel car is anyday more than the petrol's. and 1000km/month will definately not make up to it, so rather buy the Petrol version, and enjoy the luxuries of the Petrol - less vibrations/more pickup than its diesel sibling.

The Innova Petrol is for u! and u could get a lil more discounts on the petrol versions.

After the launch of the awesome direct rails we have in the market now, is it still true that diesels are more maintenance heavy really or is it an image they've got stuck with from the earlier era ?

Here, the decision is mainly based on the no. of kms u're gonna do per month. If u're sure its not gonna be more than 1000 kms, i can advise u on the petrol one. Moreover , toyota innova petrol will have very less takers at the resale market compared to the innova diesel.

for running this low mileage go in for petrol its more practical option but there is NO resale for pettol uv's.

Well, even though my mileage will be 1000, I am very inclined towards diesel (heart says petrol but mind ays be practical and buy diesel) mainly due to

1. the resale value of a innova petrol will be peanuts compared to diesel
2. the car will be 99% chauffeur driven so personal driving pleasure is NOT a huge criteria as we will be on a second row seat
3. the diesel engines are now advanced and have closed on the maintenance gap with petrols

Is my reasoning correct ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishk13
2. the car will be 99% chauffeur driven so personal driving pleasure is NOT a huge criteria as we will be on a second row seat

You're right about points (1) and (3), but I wouldnt agree completely with (2)...the difference in comfort is NOT about driving. Petrols are more comfortable because they're silent, less harsh and cause less vibrations than the diesel. This is applicable to all occupants in the car, not just the driver.

I recently had a chance to travel in the middle rear seat of Innova D-4D, and it was quite silent. Almost felt like a petrol. The driver told us that it has a very good pickup in city, but in highways it lacks the punch to overtake confidently..

I am in a dilemma , petrol or diesel Innova. please help. The cost difference is 2.3 L. My running around is going to be around 50 to 60 kms a day and an occasional highway outing.