Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2005, 21:29   #1

Toyota Innova G2 Diesel in Bangalore.

Has anyone bought a Innova G2 Diesel recently in Bangalore?
What do you think of the price I was quoted?

Ex-Showroom: 803100
Tax: 93345
Insurance 29832
Total 926277

Was given 2 options:
Option 1: Pay full cash get 35k discount
926277 - 35000 discount = 891277

Option 2: 1% interest for 3 years on 85% Ex-Showroom price
Loan: 682000
Downpayment: 263500 (includes first month payment)
Monthly payment: 19225
Old 15th December 2005, 23:02   #2
cnu
BHPian

Did you enquire about any corporate discounts ? I remember seeing a mail from the sales people regarding corporate discounts of about 15 K (can confirm tomorrow) till Dec 31st.

The 2 options does not look practical to me unless you are ready to go with the second option. G2 would be a good pick.
Old 15th December 2005, 23:53   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

you might get a better discount if you in for finance option and buy it in december.
Old 19th December 2005, 09:19   #4
BANNED

Yes I am considering the same vehicle.

cnu, can you please confirm the corporate discount thing?

Manish
Old 19th December 2005, 10:09   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk13
Yes I am considering the same vehicle.

Manish
I was told that there are no corporate discounts and that the 1% financing on 85% of ex-showroom price will save 80K in interest charges and that is the only incentive.

There is a full page Innova ad in Hindu describing the finance options. There is also an article in the paper that says that the 'entry level' G1 and G2 are having sluggish sales (3000 instead of projected 4000 sales) and so the offer is not applicable to the G3 or V models.
Old 19th December 2005, 11:27   #6
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk13
Manish, There is indeed a corporate discount but I read that it is only for select corporates. So, I advice to enquire about this and I prefer Nandi Toyota than Ravindu. You can also enquire about this from TKM sales team. Just post your query to "corporatesales@tkm.co.in" or call up on 080–55292182.
Old 19th December 2005, 11:38   #7
Team-BHP Support

Manish... Toyota is running huge ads in most newspapers across the country wherein they talk about Rs.80,000 discount on the price of the car. They advertise 3 different ways to get 80,000 off. One of these is the 1% finance option on the 3 year loan. There are two more ways... I have forgotten, but they are there. So check all those out.

About the corporate discount stuff the way I understand it there are around 8 or 10 or so corporates whose employees get special corporate discounts. So check if you fall within any of these. However, when a co. runs a huge discount scheme (like this 80000 off thing) they do not let you club in any other scheme or discounts within this.
Old 19th December 2005, 11:49   #8
Team-BHP Support

Another thing is to use the old brit way of divide and rule. use that to the fullest guys It really works. Make a list of dealers available in your city for the car you want to buy, the more the better. Visit each of them... remember to give the salesperson all your contact details etc. Spend sometime with him understanding about the vehicle. Basically lick off some of his valuable time. Understand the deals available directly and what else he can throw in. Bargain as much as you can.

Do this at each showroom. Let the guy also know that you plan to visit all the other dealers and check with them. Within a couple of days your phone will start ringing. They guy will be keen to know by when you are going to make a decision. Tell him that such and such dealer is offering you this and this over and above what he is offering you. Don't worry... they actually do that and so he will believe you. That is where the bargaining begins. When I was buying my car recently Tata was brimming with the success of having overtaken Hyundai as the second largest car manufacturer in the country. The demand for its car was also huge. They were not even willing to talk about any discounts anywhere. Still I managed to get a corporate discount + another Rs. 2500 off in cash. If would have opted for accessories instead of cash disc he was willing to throw in another 2500, ie. 5000 rs. additional discount.

So moral of the story is nothing is really fixed and you have to negotiate as much as you can out of your dealer.
Old 19th December 2005, 19:20   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
one question.
We are planning on getting a innova/fiesta/petraD for company use.
If we get the Innova, we would get the G2/G1 spec.
The price is 923579 on iniv. registration with the same schemes and discounts as mentioned above OR 916748 with company registration with the same discounts and schemes.
With company registration however, we will have to pay 12.5K every year as tax on the 8 seater version while on the V model (7 seater) you have to pay some 70K once.
Is there any reason for this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks