Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2012, 23:34   #256
BHPian

Re: Rexton or T-Fort or Endeavour

Hi. Why don't you have a test drive of Hyundai SantaFe, Chevrolet Captiva and Renault Koleos too! I think you want an SUV with lots of space and comfortable seating for five. The above options are also good.
Old 23rd November 2012, 05:35   #257
Senior - BHPian

Have you test driven Rexton, one of my friend did that recently and when we spoke about it he mentioned this.

The SUV has everything that you need, all comforts, safety features, engine power is decent, but, suspensions are too soft. It wobbles quiet a bit, and that made the drive very uncomfortable for him. So he is not looking at it seriously. Yesterday the Mahindra guy from Mumbai called and will call again to give a test drive in Bangalore. He said they have launched but not sure if vehicle is available to test drive yet.

Did you liked Endeavour seating? I found it to be too low for any sort of comfort.

My suggestion would be to look at all the options within that budget and decide for yourself, what you like.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 23rd November 2012 at 05:41.
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:09   #258
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ricky. Now that's a thought - I will take a look at the GV. And you are right about my preference for the Butch looking ones [/quote]

In which case the Rexton seems to make sense. Butch look, XL size, decent power, very reliable engine & tranny, all the boxes are ticked AND price point

The Rexton is an older ML, and we all know Mercedes knows their engines & transmissions. Have not driven one yet, but sure looks tempting at the price point ! The new Pajero with the 1.87L price reduction may be a good option too. It is a hoot off road & good enough on road.

The choice is yours ofcourse
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:36   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauravTaneja View Post
Yes, you are right and I did think about it, but as I said, this time I want an SUV; not inclined to change my mind about that.
If your mind's made up, then out of the three options mentioned by you, you just can't go wrong with a Fortuner. It may not be as luxurious at this price point but it is rugged enough to survive a nuclear holocaust. If there is one vehicle which I can trust at the dead of the night in any emergency, it would be the Fortuner. I would advice you to have detailed look at many threads going on of all the 3 vehicles at Tbhp and then make up your mind. Here one of mine for your reference - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...uilt-last.html
Old 23rd November 2012, 14:56   #260
BHPian

Re: Rexton or T-Fort or Outlander

A slight twist has been added to this tale. I called the Mitsubishi dealer to check on the on-road cost of the Pajero sport. It was coming out to be a bit over 25L, which is the upper limit of my budget.

However, he provided another interesting option, since he remembered me from the time I had taken the test ride of the Outlander - apparently a slightly scaled down version of the Outlander is available, which can be had for 21L on-road, inclusive of some discount the dealer is willing to offer.

The changes in this version are, no leather upholstory, no start-stop button (replaced with a traditional key), no headlamp washers and a different system (Rockford replaced but was told the look remains the same). Now I haven't seen it, but I intend to go down over the weekend and take a look.

On the whole, I think it puts the Outy back into the running. What do you think?
Old 23rd November 2012, 16:18   #261
Senior - BHPian

Someone mentioned there was some discount going on Pajero Sport, did you check that one out. With discount it might come under your budget, and it also provides everything that you will ever need and more.

Only catch is, the service network, but with Mitsubishi and being in Delhi you might not face a lot of trouble.

PS: I just spoke to the guy in BLR and he mentioned there is some discount going on, will come back with details in about 30 mins.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 23rd November 2012 at 16:25.
Old 23rd November 2012, 16:25   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Someone mentioned there was some discount going on Pajero Sport, did you check that one out. With discount it might come under your budget, and it also provides everything that you will ever need and more.
Hi Mayank, that's the reason I called the guy at Mitsubishi. With the discount the Pajero is working out to a bit over 25L. I am tempted, but then I originally started with a budget of 20L which has now creeped up and I don't want it to creep up any further
Old 23rd November 2012, 17:03   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which 7 Seater SUV for 17-25L? Endeavour vs Fortuner vs Captiva vs Pajero vs Sant

The Pajero Sport has a discount of about 1.5-2L if IIRC. The new ex-showroom price was in the range 23-23.5L INR. It is a modern piece of equipment unlike the SFX(its still my favourite). It is decently kitted out and the engine has lot of grunt. But I don't think it has a automatic gearbox available. You could look at used Monteros, they are available in the 18-22L bracket. You could get good examples but you need to look around a bit.

For a new vehicle, TD the Pajero Sport, the Captiva and the T-Fort. Check with multiple dealers in and around your city, they might have some deals on the Captiva(new) or some old stocks to be cleared. In the end if nothing works out, you have the T-Fort to fall back upon . You can't go wrong with it.
Old 23rd November 2012, 17:52   #264
BHPian

Re: Which 7 Seater SUV for 17-25L? Endeavour vs Fortuner vs Captiva vs Pajero vs Sant

Since, you are expecting to clock around 15k km/year, i will suggest you to go for Outlander (regular version with leather, RF). It is feature packed, AT, 4WD, good ride and handling, few lakhs cheaper that T-fort, will do everything you want. It is also better than other options you have selected for city driving that you expect to do.
Better, get an low mileage used Outlander, so that you dont have to take a big hit on depreciation.

Captiva xtreme is 23.21L otr pune, so, should be available cheaper at your place. But, i will advise you to buy T-fort instead of it, because captiva too has poor resale value.

Rexton may be value for money, but, it will suffer in resale too. Also, reliability is unknown and snob value is much lesser.

Last edited by 46TheDoctor : 23rd November 2012 at 17:59.
Old 23rd November 2012, 20:11   #265
BANNED

Quote:
However, he provided another interesting option, since he remembered me from the time I had taken the test ride of the Outlander - apparently a slightly scaled down version of the Outlander is available, which can be had for 21L on-road, inclusive of some discount the dealer is willing to offer.
If you are willing to spend INR 21 lac on it, then, Like 46Doctor suggested, scout around for a used Outlander. There are quite a few of them with low mileage in the NCR region and you should be able to get one in this range.

Else the Montero is a very good option though it is tough to get one with a clean history.
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:25   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
If you are willing to spend INR 21 lac on it, then, Like 46Doctor suggested, scout around for a used Outlander.
I think used Outlanders are available for 10 lac onward. With 21 L one can almost get a new one.
Old 26th November 2012, 14:25   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I would advice you to have detailed look at many threads going on of all the 3 vehicles at Tbhp and then make up your mind. Here one of mine for your reference - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...uilt-last.html
@dkaile - thanks for the link. I had gone through it in detail earlier and as a matter of fact have also reached out to the dealer in Haldwani to figure out the prices of the Fortuner there.
Old 26th November 2012, 17:33   #268
Senior - BHPian

The Fortuner 4x4 is a much better option for bad roads due to its full time 4x4 which improves traction on bad surfaces.

My personal favorite is the Pajero Sports, it like the Fortuner will give you years of trouble free service. Considering that a used Pajero SFX fetches quite high prices in the second hand market the Pajero Sport would have as good if not better resale as a Fortuner.
Old 26th November 2012, 21:56   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you are right and I did think about it, but as I said, this time I want an SUV; not inclined to change my mind about that.

Ampere - thanks for taking the effort of pulling out the thread. I agree the Captiva would probably be a very good option, but I can't seem to find an older model (new) and the new model is beyond budget. If you know of a dealer giving the older model at a discount, please let me know. Thanks.

Thanks Kini. I am a bit inclined to go for an AT this time. The Safari doesn't quite check the boxes in terms of look and feel, so did not even bother with a test ride.

Thanks Doc. Unfortunately both are out of my budget.

Tried twice at Renault dealerships; once in Delhi and once in Noida. The attitude of the sales staff led to me walking out both times. Both times they did not have a sales person to demonstrate the vehicle and on asking for a test drive, the receptionist at the Delhi dealership gave me a scrap of paper with a number on it and asked me to go to the guard outside who would have then (perhaps) put me in line for the test drive. If this is the attitude at the time of making a sale, I shudder to think of the ***. So Renault vehicles are no longer in consideration.

Correct on the floor of my budget; the ceiling is around 25L. As mentioned above, if you are aware of any dealer that has old stock of Captiva, please do point me in the right direction. Thanks.

I would go nuts and thus the XUV was taken off the list. Thanks.
Gaurav, check with Aravali auto in Gurgaon....i got mine from them. they may be able to get you one. basically no dealer has these cars in stock, tehy are at teh GM plant in halol (which is a good thing) and they requisition the car on demand. PM me if you want any help.
Old 30th November 2012, 03:06   #270
VSD
BHPian

I am also stuck and can't decide what car to pick, so guys help me out on this one.

I have booked the fortuner 4*2 AT Trd sportivo and it shall be delivered by first week of December. It's like a default choice when you are looking for a mile cruncher and super reliable SUV.

But, only today i got a deal from a known person who works at a Chevrolet dealership and they are parting away with their showroom vehicle. The new captiva, top model (AT) in white colour, done 6k kilometers and is in pretty good shape. I have a decent quote from them and it will be costing me almost 40% less than actual on road price.

So should i just stick to the fortuner or go for the captiva? Looks not too important and neither are 7 seats. I just want a car that provides good comfort. Also, keeping in mind that this vehicle will be used extensively, like quite a lot.
It's going to replace our innova which has done 87k kms in past 26 months.

Last edited by VSD : 30th November 2012 at 03:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks