Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2015, 22:01   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
This thread is interesting to me. The company lease completed on my 3 year old Fortuner 4x2 AT and I should sell that and buy a new car. Which brings me to the interesting topic: what would be a good next car?

I strongly suggest to postpone your buying decision to 2016. The reason for this is the entire 30 lakh SUV segment will be changed in the next 6 months. With the new Fortuner and Endeavour coming in the entire scenario changes, add to it the Chevy Trailblazer too!
One thing is sure, that the there will be a shift in the price range too. The 28-30 lakh segment may go upto 35 lakhs ex showroom.

Also If you have a bit higher budget you may want to look at the Land Rover Discovery Sports.

And it would be better if you write down what you expect from the car as well as the budget.
Old 14th August 2015, 22:35   #557
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which 7 Seater SUV for 17-25L? Endeavour vs Fortuner vs Captiva vs Pajero vs Santa-Fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
Intimidating because that's a major reason behind getting a big fat SUV for this kind of money. The Santa Fe will evoke a couple of second glances on a signal, but not make anyone move out of the way. And as you say of 'earning respect', knowledgeable people would actually respect a vehicle based on its price segment, and not just it's size. Size is practically a means to scare people out of your way.
I am not going to argue about your other points. But I say this as a guy who has driver a Fortuner for more than 1 lakh km (all across India, recently back from a 7000 km roadtrip to Uttarakhand): this 'intimidation', 'moving out of the way' - is a little funny way to look at stuff. I would give way to a vehicle if it is being driven faster or rashly. Even if it is a Maruti 800.

Re respect: I was talking about people not taking too many pangaas. Not just trying to squeeze in, but also when one is driving in the badlands in the night, and stopping somewhere. E.g. while passing through Chambal in the dark. That's different from intimidation. Comes in handy when doing roadtrips.

P.S. people vote with their money for a reason. The Fortuner - and its sister the Innova (not even bringing the scantily clad sister, the Hilux, into the discussion) - go on and on. High capex, low opex. And less depreciation compared to other vehicles. Overall, the TCO - total cost of ownership - works out pretty fine.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 14th August 2015 at 22:43.
nilanjanray is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 00:32   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I am not going to argue about your other points. But I say this as a guy who has driver a Fortuner for more than 1 lakh km (all across India, recently back from a 7000 km roadtrip to Uttarakhand): this 'intimidation', 'moving out of the way' - is a little funny way to look at stuff. I would give way to a vehicle if it is being driven faster or rashly. Even if it is a Maruti 800.

Re respect: I was talking about people not taking too many pangaas. Not just trying to squeeze in, but also when one is driving in the badlands in the night, and stopping somewhere. E.g. while passing through Chambal in the dark. That's different from intimidation. Comes in handy when doing roadtrips.

P.S. people vote with their money for a reason. The Fortuner - and its sister the Innova (not even bringing the scantily clad sister, the Hilux, into the discussion) - go on and on. High capex, low opex. And less depreciation compared to other vehicles. Overall, the TCO - total cost of ownership - works out pretty fine.
Well, if you really give way to rash drivers to avoid chaos on the road, even if they are in a 'lesser' car, and that while in a thing like the Toyota Fortuner, sir, our streets need more people like you. Honestly. This is something that will seriously contribute to establishing order on our streets. I was happy to hear such a thing especially from a Fortuner owner. Otherwise, I've seen a lot of Scorpio and Fortuner (and XUV, etc) drivers play day-night stampede, taking on everything from rickshaws to container trucks.
And the Fortuner can still intimidate (okay,earn respect) with sheer size, but it's become too common a sight to retain any novelty. Perhaps the only way to evoke stares now is a Bentley Grille!! : (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166195)

As for people voting with money, yeah its evident with the number of Innovas and Fortuners on the roads. Though Toyota doesn't seem to value the vote too much. Evidence, 31L!! The current decade old Innova touches 18!! And there's an all new one coming up! God knows how much that will cost.. And height, they even sell a Prado with Fortuner underpinnings for nearly a Crore!! :hoccked:
And it's a universal truth they last for years, and hard years, but then at that kind of money, they better do.
Old 1st November 2015, 17:07   #559
BANNED

Re: Which 7 Seater SUV for 17-25L? Endeavour vs Fortuner vs Captiva vs Pajero vs Santa-Fe

Hi Guys..

I am planning on buying a 4x4 7 seater. I have shortlisted the Fortuner, Pajero and Nissan Pathfinder all 2012 or models. I will be going in for a used car. I currently have a civic 2013 model and I will be selling this soon. My basic need are to have a car with low maintenance and goo off road capability and should be a 7 seater. I live in the UAE so fuel is cheap and mileage is not an issue. I will be sing the 4x4 which I will be buying for off road driving in desert,sand and rough mountain terrain. I have never had a 4x4 before or never gone off roading in the past. However I liove off roading and can't wait to learn and master off road driving. So guys please help on which 4x4 I should go in for. I have given my choices and need All advise and help is highly appreciated

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks