Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2011, 09:23   #31
BHPian

Re: Dilemma : BMW X1 versus Godzilla Fortuner

if your getting the x1, i would wait it out and see how the car goes, since its fairly new in the market.
Old 4th January 2011, 13:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Can you confirm that with the sales rep. What he is suggesting is at the end of 2 years of this warranty you can then buy the 5 year BSI plan? Well in that case effectively you stay worry free for the next 7 years right? I think thats a fab offer then. Just go for the X1 then. BMW clearly has a winner on its hands if this is true.
Hang on, I'm damn sure it isn't the case. AFAIK you can opt for BSI upto the first service I think. Even if this is not true, and that one can actually opt for BSI anytime during ownership, then the plan will be valid only upto five years from the date of delivery of the vehicle and NOT for five years from the date of purchase of the plan.

Effectively if you buy the 5-year BSI at the end of two years, you're getting coverage for the next three years only. Do NOT get confused with this.
Old 4th January 2011, 17:30   #33
BHPian

Well asked for a test drive of the outlander the guy said he'll bring the car home tomorrow, so will just take a look for the sake of it.

Just not interested in any other car! other than the Fortuner or the X1
I can't afford a car that's going to cost me double every time i want to drive Bangalore to chennai up and down.i really don't want to get into the economics of petrol 6km / liter vs diesel. please let it be

as for BSI as told to me by the sales guy today, BSI+ is valid for 3years and 60,000 km or 5 years and 90,000 km i can take it even later but the mileage count is from the day i buy the car not from the day i purchase the BSI.meaning if i drive 20,000 km then opt for BSI i have already used up 20k on it.as far as he said i can even take it up at the end of 2 years.But i end up saving on the service cost.i don't know the whole thing seems to be an elaborate con deal to whack another 2 lakhs

As for BMW Secure costs 39,800 for 1st year.Each claim costs 1,000 rs.the next year costs 48,000 rs!!,if no claim is made!!.

Secondly the sales guy says i can't claim a no claim bonus while buying a BMW when the older car i use is a honda, it would only apply to me buying a car again from my Honda dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
if your getting the x1, i would wait it out and see how the car goes, since its fairly new in the market.

Due to a time constraint i need the car by the month of may. i can wait around ,dilly dally finally i may not get the car by May

Last edited by abishek2222 : 4th January 2011 at 17:33.
Old 4th January 2011, 18:54   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you want luxury with offroad capabilities look into the outlander
Sorry, but your post is factually incorrect. The Outlander does NOT have any offroad capability.

Quote:
Yes the features are good
The real problem with the base X1 is that it has NO features.

Quote:
but do you really want to lose your man card
Request to avoid such comments which really bring zero value to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Secondly the sales guy says i can't claim a no claim bonus while buying a BMW when the older car i use is a honda, it would only apply to me buying a car again from my Honda dealer.
Liar alert! NCB can be transferred from any car to....well, any car (as long as the registered owner is the same).
Old 4th January 2011, 19:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Liar alert! NCB can be transferred from any car to....well, any car (as long as the registered owner is the same).
http://www.team-bhp.com/web/index.ph...p2_articleid=8
Hi thanks for taking the time to reply
Can i get this right.
I have my one year old used ANHC under i think ICICI insurance registered under me. after 1 year 3 months i am buying the X1 under bajaj aliance. i can claim a no claim bonus still am i correct about this?
after reading the link as i understand it i cannot claim the NCB unless i am selling the honda.
How much am i expected to save on a ball park figure.

@GTO would love to hear what you think about the engine on paper at least. also about the Ah first time German only time will tell Quip.
Also when you say no equipment at all do you mean Xenons, Idrive. or your talking about the X1 in general rather than the 20d.

Last edited by abishek2222 : 4th January 2011 at 19:37.
Old 4th January 2011, 20:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, but your post is factually incorrect. The Outlander does NOT have any offroad capability.

The real problem with the base X1 is that it has NO features.

Request to avoid such comments which really bring zero value to the discussion.

I wasnt aware that the indian outlander isnt available in 4wd. I was just tryna give him some options.
Old 7th January 2011, 17:54   #37
BHPian

Test drove the Outlander today.
Just for the sake of it.
Was able to see a large part of the bumper from the drivers seat.
Triptronic transmission was nice.over all found the car yes to be quite good rear visibility while reversing was excellent.sales rep showed some trick's like folding the rear seat. sitting on the rear bumper platform etc. how ever i didn't feel the car was extremely fast during a kick down.Interiors where quite good much more better and roomier seats at the rear compared to the X1.still prefer the diesel. As for road presence poor nobody was giving way.Overall a nice/ quite good car. would look at it had it been a diesel.
Old 7th January 2011, 18:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I wasnt aware that the indian outlander isnt available in 4wd. I was just tryna give him some options.
Outlander does have 4WD, but that alone doesn't make it a competent off-roader.
But as a soft-roader it ought to be more then handy with good GC (210 mm), lockable 4X4 with LSD, Traction control etc. It doesn't have low ratio but the CVT provides good crawling capability.

@abishek2222, I doubt if Outlander kicks down at all (CVT users can throw more light). When you kick your right foot, the CVTs keep the engine in the meat of the power band and slide the CVT ratio where the peak torque is available. The experience is somewhat different then conventional auto and driver can feel a lag (or an impression of a lag) which is known as 'rubber-band' effect

Last edited by Guna : 7th January 2011 at 18:29.
Old 7th January 2011, 18:41   #39
BHPian

I Don't exactly know about the kick down cvt part but the car felt under powered under hard acceleration,pedal to the metal. still prefer the brutal kick of a diesel Turbo,Tractor fuel or not.
On a lighter note, the sales rep kept talking non stop one of the things he did mention was the outlander does have a higher ground clearance than a fortuner. i didn't check on that although. the most laughable thing was when the outlander sales rep said the X1 is quite a good car & is better than the outlander itself.considering if your content with a rear wheel drive on the X1. and nothing from mitsu can beat the brand value of the bmw

Almost almost about to make a booking amount on the X1
Old 7th January 2011, 20:36   #40
BHPian

So finally, it seems like you are going the Bimmer way.

Have you enquired about the delivery time required for X1 in Chennai?
Old 8th January 2011, 00:56   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBlue View Post
So finally, it seems like you are going the Bimmer way.

Have you enquired about the delivery time required for X1 in Chennai?

April End/ last week delivery if you book by this month itself, for the 20d CE.
Old 8th January 2011, 21:00   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
April End/ last week delivery if you book by this month itself, for the 20d CE.
So the status is the same everywhere.

In Cochin, they say they have more than 60 bookings and if one is going for the '20d exclusive' trim, they could deliver it faster
Old 11th January 2011, 18:06   #43
BHPian

I get a call from my sales rep yesterday, he casually ask' s if i have made the Demand Draft yet i say no probably take 2 or three days more to get it done. he replies ok sir no problem at all take your time and the conversation ends.

Fast forward to today i get the Demand draft made i call up the guy, i keep getting the message " no you are calling is out of reach" finally i give up and call up the showroom.The receptionist keeps stalling when i say i want this guy connected,after some time finally after some time she drops the bomb! he's no longer with us and has quit the job! Just not what you expect when you happily call the guy to finish the deal.Now only god know what happens to the delivery time commitment he make to give the car.haven't even made a booking just have a DD. will update later after visiting the showroom today
Old 11th January 2011, 18:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

^ Definitely not the best way to start off what you'd expect to be a wonderful relationship with a strong global brand that's meant to stand for excellence. Try speaking with a Sr. Manager this time, make sure the deal is going the right way and keep track of your vehicle from time to time. These several-month long waiting periods can often lead to leapfrogging by influential customers, thereby pushing your delivery further into the horizon.
Old 11th January 2011, 18:15   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Every car that comes with a 4wd is not necessarily a good offroader.

Most Viewed