Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 00:04   #46
BHPian

Re: Dilemma : BMW X1 versus Godzilla Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
^ Definitely not the best way to start off what you'd expect to be a wonderful relationship with a strong global brand that's meant to stand for excellence. Try speaking with a Sr. Manager this time, make sure the deal is going the right way and keep track of your vehicle from time to time. These several-month long waiting periods can often lead to leapfrogging by influential customers, thereby pushing your delivery further into the horizon.

Thank 's to everyone here for any input's,
Finally
Paid the booking amount of 5 Lakhs on the Corp Edition of the X1
today!. Hopefully will get the car by April end. all that remains is that i choose a car color before the month end.don't have more info as the booking was done on my behalf by my father at madras Kun as I'm in Bangalore currently.No discounts what so ever.
Old 12th January 2011, 00:14   #47
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Abishek. Five lacs for a booking amount is quite huge, I must say. Paid much lesser for my car, maybe half or lesser if I remember correctly. Anyway, no sweat. Now the wait begins
Old 12th January 2011, 01:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the booking. Hoping to get an initial review from you.
Old 12th January 2011, 10:53   #49
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats 2222 - Yours may be the first X1 to land on TBHP. do keep us updated with the experience.

I do feel the 3 series, C class and A4 all are going to see a sales nose dive if BMW can supply enough X1's. This may be the biggest game changer post the fortuner in the 20-30L segment.
Old 12th January 2011, 14:19   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
. Paid much lesser for my car, maybe half or lesser if I remember correctly. Anyway.
well was given the option of paying anything and between 3 to 5 lakhs as booking amount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

I do feel the 3 series, C class and A4 all are going to see a sales nose dive if BMW can supply enough X1's. This may be the biggest game changer post the fortuner in the 20-30L segment.
This is probably the luckiest sales guy who replaced the one who quit.He realized that we already had a DD ready. The new sales guy was pitching for the 320d Highline left, right and center after seeing the DD.saying it's a better car fully loaded and costs less than 29 lakhs for same amount paid for the X1 corp ed when registered at TN.

Last edited by GTO : 12th January 2011 at 19:22. Reason: Next time infraction. Do NOT type in SMS / Slang language. Correcting post
Old 12th January 2011, 22:34   #51
BHPian

Congrats on the booking, Abishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post

This is probably the luckiest sales guy who replaced the one who quit.He realized that we already had a DD ready. The new sales guy was pitching for the 320d Highline left, right and center after seeing the DD.saying it's a better car fully loaded and costs less than 29 lakhs for same amount paid for the X1 corp ed when registered at TN.
Morale of the story- 3 series is feeling the heat from the new born member of the family.

Everybody is so into X1 that there are no takers for the 3 series. Dealers need to clear their stock right??

BTW, could you please clarify as to how they could sell a 320d Highline for less than 29Lakhs? I beleive the sales guy might be talking about the 320dCE.
Old 14th January 2011, 00:03   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBlue View Post

could you please clarify as to how they could sell a 320d Highline for less than 29Lakhs? I beleive the sales guy might be talking about the 320dCE.

Called him today.the sales guy was talking about the 320 CE registered in Pondycherry. and that it has a new servotronic power steering/electronic power steering that would be much less stiffer than the X1
Old 14th January 2011, 14:40   #53
BHPian

Hi all,
I wanted more info on the drive-train and transmission of the X1, could not gather much info on their web site, any of you have details of it, please post.
Old 18th January 2011, 17:39   #54
BHPian

Well spent time to get my sierra 's wheel alignment done
got a quote for 225/50/R17 X1 tubeless tire's in case of replacing the run flat to a tubeless.

from
Bridgestone 12,000 odd /per tyre
Yokohama 9,0000 odd /per tyre
Available on order.

thought of posting it here in case of any one doing research on the car, may help them.
oh god cost of ownership seems to be sky rocketing.
Old 18th January 2011, 20:32   #55
BHPian

re: Dilemma : BMW X1 versus Toyota Fortuner

Need some more advice.
still open to the possibility of shifting to the fully loaded 20d exclusive version.

would like to know where the resale value of the car would be in comparison to the base / corporate edition.

how much of a depreciation would be there about 5 years down the line.
Old 19th January 2011, 15:52   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
got a quote for 225/50/R17 X1 tubeless tire's in case of replacing the run flat to a tubeless.

from
Bridgestone 12,000 odd /per tyre
You are being r-i-p-p-e-d. All the runflat -> regular tubeless tyre exchanges I've heard of have been at zero cost. Reason? The runflats are actually more expensive, hence the dealer stands to profit big time from them.

Also, I remember your asking what I think of the 320d's engine? It's a stunning performer, especially in the latest state of tune, and is completely at home....whether in the city or on a fast expressway. The only thing I don't like is, it's a tad too loud for a premium sedan's engine.

Quote:
would like to know where the resale value of the car would be in comparison to the base / corporate edition.
The higher you go, the harder you fall. Seriously, that's the case with all premium cars. The more expensive they are, the larger hit you'll take on depreciation. A corporate ed will retain its value better than the top-loaded.

On a lighter note, the cheesy "cool elegance" badge is reason enough to avoid the top loaded X1

Quote:
Called him today.the sales guy was talking about the 320 CE registered in Pondycherry. and that it has a new servotronic power steering/electronic power steering that would be much less stiffer than the X1
Yes, that's based on customer feedback. The older 3's steering, though awesome at high speed, was a royal pain in the city. Too heavy. In comparison, the new electric steering is effortless (just what the target market wants).
Old 19th January 2011, 17:05   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You are being r-i-p-p-e-d. All the runflat -> regular tubeless tyre exchanges I've heard of have been at zero cost. Reason? The runflats are actually more expensive, hence the dealer stands to profit big time from them.
Come to think of it , i never asked it they could be exchanged after hearing each tyre was about 12,000
so 12,000 x 5 = 60,000. got lost in my thoughts and didn't ask anything further.so exchanging them for the run flats didn't enter my mind, just replacing them..

& Thank you for the other advice!
Old 7th February 2011, 21:53   #58
BHPian

Saw a Black X1 base line today at the showroom and it looked good. Compared to the 320dCE( Which looks like a General, with his badges stripped off) the X1 corp felt more classy. The interiors are also good, though the idrive is omitted, there is no change in the dash board design. They have incorporated a small glove box into that space.

Looked really nice. BTW abishek, what color have you chosen? Any communication from the dealer?

Last edited by RSBlue : 7th February 2011 at 21:54.
Old 22nd February 2011, 19:57   #59
BHPian

My colour i was looking at was the cashmere silver, how ever now the sales guy says that the factory is not producing cashmere silver in the next two months. the only available colours are white, markesh brown, red , and some blue. contemplating maybe to take the 320d CE instead for the moment.despite it being at the fag end of its model life etc.
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:23   #60
BHPian

Quote:
My colour i was looking at was the cashmere silver, how ever now the sales guy says that the factory is not producing cashmere silver in the next two months. the only available colours are white, markesh brown, red , and some blue. contemplating maybe to take the 320d CE instead for the moment.despite it being at the fag end of its model life etc.
Marekish Brown would look awesome on the X1. It seems like you have finally fallen prey to 320d CE scuffle done by the dealerships.

Anyway if you are going for the 3, they now have a limited edition 320dCE named the 'Performance Edition'. Loads of CF all around and M alloy wheels.Do check that up with your dealer

Last edited by RSBlue : 22nd February 2011 at 22:26.

Most Viewed