Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2011, 12:37   #196
Team-BHP Support

Re: Do I really need the THAR? EDIT: Booked Getaway!

just think out aloud.

MC, maybe you should reevaluate the requirement for the loading bay.

Would it be possible to make do without it.

Something like a regular Scorpio or Safari without the rear jump seats.
It will free up some space and that should be able to take in luggage.

If the idea is to make it into a bunker beds, maybe some out of the box interior work. Like captain seats as found in the Innova inside a Safari.
Old 8th April 2011, 13:18   #197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
just think out aloud.

If the idea is to make it into a bunker beds, maybe some out of the box interior work. Like captain seats as found in the Innova inside a Safari.
Budget is also an issue. The cheapest Safari 4x4 now is VX, EX is mostly not available in 4x4 trim, pushing cost to almost 13L. Ditto for Scorpio. you have to buy top end scorpio to get 4x4.
Old 8th April 2011, 14:43   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
But remember
1. There won't be any Test drive possible with Xenon
2. Waiting time is around 1 month for Xenon
3. It costs more
Last I checked there were two Xenon 4x4's at ABS in Gurgaon, and they are happy to offer a short (within the big compound) test drive on the same. You would not be able to make out the overall ride and handling, but at least judge the interiors and the overall feel of the engine and gearing. Those are 2010 models though.
Old 8th April 2011, 14:52   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MC, Why not try your luck with the Tata Xenon.

M&M does not deserve you.

The are missing out on a great brand ambassador. You are someone who will be using the vehicle for a lot of touring. Then make travelogues out of it. The sheer advertising advantage they could have gotten is lost because of stupid dealers and indifferent management.
Yes Xenon would have been the automatic choice. But...

Quote:
But remember
1. There won't be any Test drive possible with Xenon
2. Waiting time is around 1 month for Xenon
3. It costs more
Its almost 2 Lakhs more. Actually almost 3 lakhs considering the amount of discount am getting on the Oct 2010 model.

Quote:
just think out aloud.

Quote:
Budget is also an issue. The cheapest Safari 4x4 now is VX, EX is mostly not available in 4x4 trim, pushing cost to almost 13L. Ditto for Scorpio. you have to buy top end scorpio to get 4x4.
I don't want to buy a plain Scorpio or Safari as they will not fit my need for luggage space. Secondly I'm not comfortable with the body roll of Scorp and 1BHK dimensions of the Safari.
Also now that I have bought a Nano as well, can't extend the budget beyond 10L as well absolutely.

May be I'll just cancel the order, put in some money on my 11 Yr old Uno and drive it around till such time that the THAR comes with AC which would be about 6 months down the line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Last I checked there were two Xenon 4x4's at ABS in Gurgaon, and they are happy to offer a short (within the big compound) test drive on the same. You would not be able to make out the overall ride and handling, but at least judge the interiors and the overall feel of the engine and gearing. Those are 2010 models though.
Sir, I have driven the Xenon and am ok with the dimensions. But as my budget is not stretchable at all, I simply can't afford a 4X4 Xenon. May be at 2009 prices, but not at the present one!
Old 8th April 2011, 15:46   #200
Senior - BHPian

Ani bhai, have been following the thread silently.
Feel sad that the dealer has not been good to you. Moreso, when you were M&M's repeat customer. I really don't know what they are upto. But now that you have waited so long, just keep a little more patience and see if something can be worked out with some other dealer.
Is it not possible for you to look at other M&M dealers in other city close to hyderabad?
Old 8th April 2011, 17:00   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Really sad to know that you havent received the vehicle even after waiting for 3 months. I think partly due to delay from your side for loan processing this has happened but, majorly it is due to the nonchalance of the dealer.

Considering your on a tight budget of 10L, I think the only way out of this horrible predicament is to keep bugging them via. various channels to ensure you get the delivery of Getaway at the earliest.

When you have waited this long, I recommend you hang on for some more time to get the vehicle of your dreams

Till then, you can always depend on any of us to ferry you to and back from team-bhp meets.
Old 8th April 2011, 18:39   #202
Senior - BHPian

Mc,

aren't aml motors and automotive the same? if you can change the dealer now, would suggest you try out vvc motors, we have been getting good deals and service support for our company bolero campers used at sites.

but is it still the vehicle of your dreams? vvc motos has thars in stock ready for delivery.
i still feel you should pick up a regular safari or scorpio or wait for the the duster.

for the 4X4 needs why not pick up a old gypsy/jeep and slowly do it up?

that way wouldn't all your needs be satisfied?

also if the getaway is a BS-111, how are they able to sell it in hyd?

ps: haven't been through all the previous pages, so dont mind me saying again if there above points were already discussed.

Last edited by aadix : 8th April 2011 at 18:50.
Old 8th April 2011, 19:34   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
Mc,

aren't aml motors and automotive the same? if you can change the dealer now, would suggest you try out vvc motors, we have been getting good deals and service support for our company bolero campers used at sites.
I have been hearing about VVC but in the last 2 years made some good relation at the Automotive workshop and its the nearest one as well from my place. My first choice was AML as its closest to my house. I shifted to Automotives as the bank loan was processed and getting it changed to another dealer meant a lot of hassle. Hence spoke to Kranthi - GM at Automotives, Rani Gunj and got it transferred to them. Plus I have been dealing directly with M&M local Area Office so didn't exactly matter which dealer I was dealing with. Cancelled with AML Motors to teach the Sales Executive that being too arrogant can lose you a sale.
Quote:
but is it still the vehicle of your dreams? vvc motos has thars in stock ready for delivery.
i still feel you should pick up a regular safari or scorpio or wait for the the duster.

for the 4X4 needs why not pick up a old gypsy/jeep and slowly do it up?

that way wouldn't all your needs be satisfied?
Well I have a parking problem and hence having multiple cars is not exactly possible. Plus I wanted a 4X4 with high degrees of reliability and also comfortable enough to do 1000 Kms daily drive. Old Gypsy/ Jeep wouldn't have come any close on that requirement. THAR was there but somehow AC and timing took precedence.

Also I didn't want a typical SUV in which case my Bolero was awesome. All it lacked was loading space and 4X4 which gets fulfilled with a pickup truck. As a matter of fact I originally wanted the Bolero Camper before buying the Bolero but couldn't get it due to Yellow Plate issue!

Quote:
also if the getaway is a BS-111, how are they able to sell it in hyd?

ps: haven't been through all the previous pages, so dont mind me saying again if this was already discussed.
Dealer can sell anything. I'll need to register it outside Hyderabad/GHMC limits.

Sick and tired of being pushed around, wifey finally wrote to THE BIG BOSS of M&M stating our travails and non-chalance of senior officials who didn't bother to respond to the previous emails sent. And oh boy what effect!

The Area Office called up first stating that my vehicle will get billed today, then informing that the vehicle had been billed and then finally calling to inform that the transport people had been informed and confirmed that my vehicle will be despatched tomorrow. Really fast work I must say!

But all this makes me wonder why only Top Down Approach works in our country
Old 8th April 2011, 21:47   #204
BHPian

Good to hear M.C! But generally, what a bleak scenario for people looking for a comfortable, modern, sub-10 lac 4X4 SUV in this country. Currently I'm being forced to use an Indigo CS like a Bolero. People must be wondering what kind of a Mad Mallu taxi driver is this?!! Man, I feel jealous thinking of you driving around in the Getaway.

Note from Support: Use of abusive language, even indirectly, is not allowed.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th April 2011 at 23:10. Reason: Note Inline
Old 9th April 2011, 09:36   #205
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the bolero itself would be awesome if only they would allow the rear seat to become split foldable and allow it to fold over twice like the Scorpio does.
I have requested the chaps at M&M repeatedly but to no avail.
they really dont understand what consumers need - shortsighted product manufacturing + sales led strategy. I would happily have hung on to the Bolero if only one could adapt and increase its load carrying capacity the way I wanted to.
Today I use my Scorpio just like that for all my needs - no problem there but look at the cost diff - I paid about 6 lacs on road for that Bolero but had to buy the Scorp at close to 3 lacs more!
But the greatest irritant is no availability of split foldable rear seats, armrest in the centre (which they have done now I saw) + 4WD and safety features in a more reasonable trim level - I wish they would reintroduce the DX version with the addition of these few things.
Again in the Bolero the lack of a recirc button is deeply irritating. There's no heater and even the AC is constantly on "fresh" mode which in our cities is "death" by suffocation!

Really I am getting more and more irritated with M&M and their consumer unfriendly policies. Thinking I will desert them and break away from this foolish loyalty and go to an used Nissan X Trail or new Dacia Duster when it comes in or something of the kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I have been hearing about VVC but in the last 2 years made some good relation at the Automotive workshop and its the nearest one as well from my place. My first choice was AML as its closest to my house. I shifted to Automotives as the bank loan was processed and getting it changed to another dealer meant a lot of hassle. Hence spoke to Kranthi - GM at Automotives, Rani Gunj and got it transferred to them. Plus I have been dealing directly with M&M local Area Office so didn't exactly matter which dealer I was dealing with. Cancelled with AML Motors to teach the Sales Executive that being too arrogant can lose you a sale.

Well I have a parking problem and hence having multiple cars is not exactly possible. Plus I wanted a 4X4 with high degrees of reliability and also comfortable enough to do 1000 Kms daily drive. Old Gypsy/ Jeep wouldn't have come any close on that requirement. THAR was there but somehow AC and timing took precedence.

Also I didn't want a typical SUV in which case my Bolero was awesome. All it lacked was loading space and 4X4 which gets fulfilled with a pickup truck. As a matter of fact I originally wanted the Bolero Camper before buying the Bolero but couldn't get it due to Yellow Plate issue!

Dealer can sell anything. I'll need to register it outside Hyderabad/GHMC limits.

Sick and tired of being pushed around, wifey finally wrote to THE BIG BOSS of M&M stating our travails and non-chalance of senior officials who didn't bother to respond to the previous emails sent. And oh boy what effect!

The Area Office called up first stating that my vehicle will get billed today, then informing that the vehicle had been billed and then finally calling to inform that the transport people had been informed and confirmed that my vehicle will be despatched tomorrow. Really fast work I must say!

But all this makes me wonder why only Top Down Approach works in our country
Old 9th April 2011, 09:54   #206
BHPian

MC finally everything falls in place !

Hope everything goes smooth .

What a pain to buy a Vehicle, anyway congrats !
Old 10th April 2011, 00:18   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

Oh finally good news. Congratulations. Hope its here by Suryalanka drive flag off.
Old 12th April 2011, 00:05   #208
Senior - BHPian

The Getaway finally came to Hyderabad and then to my house
Do I really need the THAR? EDIT: Booked Getaway!-img_3136.jpg
MileCruncher is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2011, 00:46   #209
BANNED

Wow, your long wait and patience has paid off. Congrats on finally getting the vehicle that you zeroed down.

Do start a new thread with your PDI, delivery and ownership experiences.
Old 12th April 2011, 09:32   #210
BHPian

Congrats Mile Cruncher! Your test of patience is over, Getaway looks beautiful.

Looking forward to detailed review of Getaway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks