Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2011, 17:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Do I really need the THAR? EDIT: Booked Getaway!

Congrats MC. Even I was today trying to find out the feasibility of doing this out here.... :-)
Old 19th January 2011, 18:12   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Decision is DONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Taking time out today visited my bank branch regarding the complications of registering a BS-III vehicle and got assurance regarding all help/support from their end.

So went straight to the M&M dealer and booked Scorpio Getaway 4X4 in Black Colour. I have been assured delivery in 40 days.

Cheers
Let me be the first to congratulate you. But let me warn you too. Banks always say yes to everything. I suspect if you go to a DSA and then tell him "I earn 10,000 rs a month and I want to take a 50 lakh loan for a mercedes, will I get approval", the DSA will say yes.
So make sure you get everything sorted out well in advance of the delivery date, for a true horror story, read my Safari Booking and loan experience with HDFC.

The Silly bank had a clause that if your previous car was an indica, you could not buy a car more expensive than the Tata Indigo segment!
DSA neglected to mention this tiny hiccup.
Old 19th January 2011, 18:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Congrats MC. Even I was today trying to find out the feasibility of doing this out here.... :-)
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Let me be the first to congratulate you. But let me warn you too. Banks always say yes to everything. I suspect if you go to a DSA and then tell him "I earn 10,000 rs a month and I want to take a 50 lakh loan for a mercedes, will I get approval", the DSA will say yes.
So make sure you get everything sorted out well in advance of the delivery date, for a true horror story, read my Safari Booking and loan experience with HDFC.

The Silly bank had a clause that if your previous car was an indica, you could not buy a car more expensive than the Tata Indigo segment!
Thanks!

I agree to the silly clauses that private banks put up. The bank in question here is SBI and the person who agreed to this is the AGM-Car Loans at the Retail Asset Central Processing Centre (RACPC) who is the final authority. This leeway was because of us being an existing customer. PSU Banks have become really flexible to get customers.

Cheers
Old 19th January 2011, 18:58   #49
BHPian

MC: Congrats!! buddy. Do you like to mention the OTR price and freebies (if any ?). Also, what happened to the Storm ? I dont think we would need to tell you posting the Gateway ownership thread..

Cheers

Last edited by 2500cc : 19th January 2011 at 19:02.
Old 19th January 2011, 20:16   #50
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do I really need the THAR? EDIT: Booked Getaway!

Congrats MC.
Do mention the OTR for the Mahindra Getaway. Did you have a chance to test drive one before you booked it?
Old 19th January 2011, 20:24   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Decision is DONE!

@milecruncher - hearty congrats on your buy. Please update us on the driving ergonomics once you have driven around to your hearts content!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
really, there is such a clause?! what happens if I dont own a car, do I have to start with a two wheeler?
why dont they just look at the repayment capacity of the client. It may have changed a lot since the indica was first bought!
Old 19th January 2011, 22:37   #52
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone !

The prices are as follows:
  1. Ex-Showroom Price: 914504
  2. Life Tax @ 12% : 110000
  3. Insurance: 20000 (Dealership quote is 29 k and with NCB and 40% off on full rate, I feel this is possible)

Now the discounts:

Loyalty Bonus : 15000
Scheme Disc. : 15000
Corp Disc. : 10000
Cash Disc. : 5000
Freebies : Rubber Mats

So landed is exact 10L. Do you guys think there is still scope for some more negotiation?
Old 19th January 2011, 22:47   #53
BANNED

Quote:
So landed is exact 10L. Do you guys think there is still scope for some more negotiation?
Are you sure you have the lowest possible insurance quote? If yes, then I feel you could still bargain for a sound system from the dealer if not seat covers as well. Nothing much in cash seems possible to me.
Old 20th January 2011, 00:36   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everyone !

The prices are as follows:: 5000
Freebies : Rubber Mats

Congrats,.
Now your drives are in comfort,
I remember in one of your posts that you did not like the driver's seating position in Scorpio, is the getaway different??
I guess you did not have a test drive?? if you had, how was it??
Old 20th January 2011, 01:42   #55
Senior - BHPian

@Milecruncher: Congrats on your purchase. I like the vehicle. Had a query on the rear seats comfort on this vehicle as usually pick up trucks have a bench called a rear seat.

Thar is a jeep and Getaway is an actual life style vehicle is what i strongly believe. This has comfort and also features available in a car so is a suitable fit. Happy to know your off your confusion.

PS: How was your experience with the bolero? Any problems or should i look up some other thread for the same?
Old 20th January 2011, 07:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Are you sure you have the lowest possible insurance quote? If yes, then I feel you could still bargain for a sound system from the dealer if not seat covers as well. Nothing much in cash seems possible to me.
Well I have taken the ball park figure. Am sure the actual quote would be lesser. I don't want seat covers, buit bargaining for a music system might be a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBerry View Post
Congrats,.
Now your drives are in comfort,
I remember in one of your posts that you did not like the driver's seating position in Scorpio, is the getaway different??
I guess you did not have a test drive?? if you had, how was it??
Thanks.

I didn't have an exact TD but drove a Scorpio Refresh for over 1 hour to feel the driving position. I didn't like the driver position in the Old Scorpio but things are slightly better in terms of lumbar support and seat positioning in the new Scorpio Refresh, but still not as comfy as the Bolero. But then what other choice did I have other than the THAR or the Xenon which is 2L more expensive.

As GTO had posted previously, it was a choice that had the least negatives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
@Milecruncher: Congrats on your purchase. I like the vehicle. Had a query on the rear seats comfort on this vehicle as usually pick up trucks have a bench called a rear seat.

Thar is a jeep and Getaway is an actual life style vehicle is what i strongly believe. This has comfort and also features available in a car so is a suitable fit. Happy to know your off your confusion.

PS: How was your experience with the bolero? Any problems or should i look up some other thread for the same?
Thanks.

I have seen a few Getaways in the A.S.C and the rear seat is just like Scorpio.

As regards to Bolero, you can read my ownership thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...new-heart.html
Old 20th January 2011, 07:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

@mc,

have you looked at this ?

SCORPIO LIFESTYLE CONCEPT - Exteriors
SCORPIO LIFESTYLE CONCEPT - Interiors

This is one of the products from the customization wing. Can they provide you with a couple of things that you like and not the entire package?? i specially like this feature - Cargo bay with motorised cover

SCORPIO LIFESTYLE CONCEPT
Old 20th January 2011, 09:20   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But then what other choice did I have other than the THAR or the Xenon which is 2L more expensive.
This is amusing. The case is exactly opposite in Gurgaon.

Xenon 4x4 was offered to me last month for 8.7L On Road. Getaway, was around 9.3L, but the Dealers said, it would have to be a Yellow Plate Registration. Mahindra REALLY needs to get it's act together!
Old 20th January 2011, 09:28   #59
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

The getaway is a good buy for someone who will use it the way it is meant to be used.

funny thing is its positioning as a "Lifestyle vehicle".

It is at the end of the day, a simple, versatile, utility vehicle - just another pickup truck! however, with its pricing, only a relatively well-off farmer or tradesman can afford one.
Old 20th January 2011, 09:45   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Xenon 4x4 was offered to me last month for 8.7L On Road. Getaway, was around 9.3L, but the Dealers said, it would have to be a Yellow Plate Registration. Mahindra REALLY needs to get it's act together!
Ex-showroom Hyd for Xenon 4x4 2010 Upgraded model with ICE and ABS and bigger tyres is 10.02L. The older model was priced at 8.5L Ex-showroom. So the dealer might be offering you that. As regards to the Getaway, just get hold of the Area Office. Sometimes the dealers know ZILCH!

Most Viewed