Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2011, 18:15   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do I really need the THAR? EDIT: Booked Getaway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I also wish you would dispense with the stupid tooth in the centre and revert to the older type radiator grille/ fascia which is there in the 2005-2006-2007 and early 2008 models of Scorpio.
I guess this will be least likely, because it comes from people sitting in AC rooms. Frankly, other things are really miniscule. I am not involved in any of these but still I know.

Spike
Old 24th January 2011, 18:26   #107
BHPian

Unfortunately, it is those people who give most business to the manufacturers. Its all money game, when the highlighted people are buying without any cries, the manufacturers are very happy. Sadly, People like us dont matter to them.

Quote:

That, in my opinion is meant for Real Estate goonies, Nasty Politicos, evil Corporators, scummy merchants of questionable merchandise, typical bling traders and the criminal element, who appear to prefer in-your-face looks and shiny stuff on their vehicles.
Old 25th January 2011, 05:45   #108
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

All the Boardroom Jockeys in other words!!
Useless fellows. Ask them to step inside the real marketplace and listen to consumers instead of relying on fudged gartner research reports!
I suggested to them that they hold consumer camps by invite only - calling people from TBHP and other places to get first rate real feedback.
But the AC room chaps are not keen to get their hands dirty.
And till people like us get alternatives in the marketplace, we are stuck with the M&M's and Scorpios of the world.
Such is life I guess.
But I will tell you one thing bluntly - the minute something better becomes available as per my specifications, I will not have any hesitation in breaking my 30 year loyalty to M&M in favour of the new entrant. And I say this because I am tired of asking M&M to put FUNCTION as a higher PRIORITY than mere form, looks, bling, electronics and cosmetics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
I guess this will be least likely, because it comes from people sitting in AC rooms. Frankly, other things are really miniscule. I am not involved in any of these but still I know.

Spike
Old 25th January 2011, 11:26   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HEAR HEAR TSK!!!

And All Ye at M&M PLEASE HEAR US and DO SOMETHING for heaven's sake!!

If the dear old SCORPIO were offered to me in the DX trim, with 4x4, ABS, Airbags and EBD, I would buy it like a SHOT!!!

Also, I would request you to chuck out the last row in the 8 seater, give it to me in TURF GREEN or ROCKY BEIGE colour.

Also give me the option of the same larger tyres as are there in the Getaway (preferably Bridgestone or other but NOT JK) and put in an AMARON battery in preference to Exide.

Also - bring back the lovely storage you used to have in between the front seats like in the original Scorp!!

I also wish you would dispense with the stupid tooth in the centre and revert to the older type radiator grille/ fascia which is there in the 2005-2006-2007 and early 2008 models of Scorpio.

I cant stand the Bling Waggon looks, spotted exteriors (what am I driving, a mechanical leopard with square spots???) and electronic squibblybits in your VLX.
My thoughts exactly. I want a no frill 4x4 with comfort and safety features and none of the bling! If M&M wants it let them have VLX model with bling and a DX without bling.

I do not mind the last row seat as it can be easily left at home, but if they deduct the price of the seats, them I am willing to forgo it.

I think that M&M should learn a lot from the Land Rover offering. They have a basic vehicle (say Defender) at around GBP 22K and a host of addons - AC, Trims, Navigation, Luxury and sports packages etc, so that a fully loaded vehicle crosses 35k. As road tax today is indexed to the vehicle cost, we can all save tax, by getting the basic vehicle registering it and then getting all the necessary option packs fitted by the dealer.
Old 25th January 2011, 12:24   #110
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

this is a very good suggestion. Indeed this was one of the subjects of suggestions made to M&M in my correspondence with them. For some reason they dont seem to take these things seriously enough. Or is it just a lack of initiative? I m not sure - given the poor responsiveness,I m thinking it is just a lack of interest.

And that brings me again to another point - why on earth cant they allow the consumer to choose the colour? Especially since they have a bank of colours available. Not all of us are interested in "real estate goon White" or "evil Politico Black" or "blingy jackson red", "Nutbrown with spots" or "jaundiced leopard yellow with spots" or whatever they are currently throwing at the consumer (based on special research they have conducted mind you!!!)... They might have conducted research on a sample pool of mindless, taste-challenged, retards probably - given the quality of inputs which they have actioned!!

Some of us would greatly appreciate Jungle Green, Turf Green, Rocky beige etc - and the most important thing is, if there is a certain waiting period, then so be it, but please serve what the consumer wants - not what your production wants!!

When oh when will the chaps at M&M learn the importance of consumer loyalty and start rewarding the same?

As of now, they are still living in the protected economy mind-set. About time someone lit a few sticks of gelignite under the seats of their boardroom jockey managers!!

Despite being so very caustic in these posts, it doesnt seem to provoke the necessary actions so Im wondering if it isnt wasted breath after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I think that M&M should learn a lot from the Land Rover offering. They have a basic vehicle (say Defender) at around GBP 22K and a host of addons - AC, Trims, Navigation, Luxury and sports packages etc, so that a fully loaded vehicle crosses 35k. As road tax today is indexed to the vehicle cost, we can all save tax, by getting the basic vehicle registering it and then getting all the necessary option packs fitted by the dealer.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 25th January 2011 at 12:28.
Old 25th January 2011, 18:16   #111
Senior - BHPian

Found a soft top for rear cargo in the Mahindra Italy catalog.
http://www.mahindrathar.it/CATALOGO%20ACCESSORI%20.pdf
Old 25th January 2011, 20:27   #112
BHPian

Something like this Shankar ?

Do I really need the THAR? EDIT: Booked Getaway!-trims.jpg

Quote:
this is a very good suggestion. Indeed this was one of the subjects of suggestions made to M&M in my correspondence with them. For some reason they dont seem to take these things seriously enough. Or is it just a lack of initiative? I m not sure - given the poor responsiveness,I m thinking it is just a lack of interest.
Maybe am asking too much here, The prices should be like this:

Lx: 9.5L
Sle: 11L
Vlx: 13L

Last edited by 2500cc : 25th January 2011 at 20:32. Reason: editing the price
Old 25th January 2011, 21:33   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Something like this Shankar ?

Attachment 488678

Maybe am asking too much here, The prices should be like this:

Lx: 9.5L
Sle: 11L
Vlx: 13L
I would want the LX to be with 4x4 and music system optional.

You forgot the following optional items which should be available across the range

1. AC
2. PS
3. Hardtop
4. 2nd Row seats
5. Leather seat
6. Have a range of accessories as offered in the Mahindra Italy catalog. (this is in tune with all major international manufacturers like Toyota, Land Rover, Nissan etc)

and the price for LX to be at the most 7L.

or better still have the LX with every thing else optional!
Old 15th February 2011, 10:36   #114
Senior - BHPian

Update: My wait continues!

I had booked the Getaway on the 19th January was told that the vehicle will arrive within 4-6 weeks. I was also told that I'll receive a website link through which I'll be able to track my order status and tentative delivery date.

Till date I haven't received either and its almost 4 weeks. I'm also scared to put the Storm on sale as I don't want to be left without a vehicle.

Someone please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 15th February 2011, 10:52   #115
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update: My wait continues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Till date I haven't received either and its almost 4 weeks. I'm also scared to put the Storm on sale as I don't want to be left without a vehicle.
But you have your trustworthy UNO to give you company.
Old 15th February 2011, 15:42   #116
BHPian

Quote:
I had booked the Getaway on the 19th January was told that the vehicle will arrive within 4-6 weeks. I was also told that I'll receive a website link through which I'll be able to track my order status and tentative delivery date.

Try this. Tell em that you want to cancel the booking and want the booking amount back. Last resort, I know, but may work. Or else just get your money back and do nothing. That way you confuse the heck outa them.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:46   #117
BHPian

MC, I'm surprised that M&M ever gave you a 4-6 week delivery commitment. I was skeptical that the Getaway (being a low volume model) would be sent out so soon. Anyway, "intezaar ka phal meeta hota hai" -- I guess you'll just have to wait like the rest of us, who are waiting for the 'first Getaway on tbhp' thread from you!

Last edited by MudMover : 15th February 2011 at 16:48.
Old 16th February 2011, 10:04   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well low volume sales means that the model will be on assembly line once sufficient numbers are cobbled up. So no amount of pushing will get it faster. Your only recourse is to find out from the factory when they are scheduling the assembly.
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:58   #119
BHPian

Not sure if I am in the right spot but mods please do the needful. I had switched my Thar order to that of Bolero Storm...initially the lady at the dealership dithered about the 6 to 8 weeks waiting period for a Bolero. So I thought that my goose was cooked and decided to cancel my order. This was not a threat, it was just that I was so tired.
And then M&M showed what a sweetheart of a company they can be. The headman at the dealership got involved with my booking and landed my Java Brown Bolero in Noida within the promised seven days. They remembered that I had wanted AT tyres on my Thar and now the Bolero was shod with Wrangler ATS. I am just waiting for the bank cheque to come and I shall be raising a Storm soon.
After seeing the Thar in Mumbai, I still feel a little sad, but I must man up to say that right now a Bolero Storm looks pretty good to me, specially with the heat coming this way.
Correct me if I am wrong but they seem to have done something to the back seat (middle row), seems like my knees aren't cramped as in my old one. So I still don't get it...M&M has got everything to be exceptional but they just keep shying away from doing it. Apologies to the mods if I have posted incorrectly.

Regards,

Chaunfa

Last edited by chaunfa : 23rd February 2011 at 14:01.
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:35   #120
BHPian

@MileCruncher: i guess its a good choice vs Xenon XT in terms of price n back seat comfort n poor plastic interiors. I've been using my Xenon xt for the past one and half years n its indeed a true pick up. Serves my estate purpose and great weekend getaway vehicle.
Its not bouncy n doesn't sway at corners,on the contrary mine lacks Abs.
Awesome mileage i must say.. 13-14kmpl overall with A/c.

The only glitch is you gotta bear with typical Tata issue like the cabin noise.

I got a nice custom soft tonneau done for my car. If you need pics of it ,will send right away.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks