Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2011, 18:38   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do I really need the THAR? EDIT: Booked Getaway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
there is absolutely no ownership documentation about it in the entire web.

Honestly after seeing the vehicle, I have mixed feelings but then what choice did I have.
MC,
I have driven getaways a lot. For your requirement (of creature comforts) and budget there is nothing that would have been better. Hence smile

Few observations of mine based on my driving it all over the country over various terrain
  • Rear leaf springs are hard and front too soft. Suggest to remove leafs if you are not planning to load it for every day use
  • Handling of this vehicle in corners is brilliant!
  • This vehicle in 2wd is a no go. Need 4wd the moment you hit dirt
  • rear artiulation is not great. Suggest you to remove rear anti roll bar.
  • Has got good ADR angles and hence dont be fooled by large dimensions
  • Please dont bring this vehicle to JT kind of trails. This vehicle is strictly for long drives/ trail driving and not hard core off road abuse
  • Please follow carefully the instructions in the owners manual for 4wd selection. This is not as abuse friendly as good old lever
  • Parking this hulk will be the biggest pain in the @$$ purely due to dimensions
WIshing you good luck !
Old 29th March 2011, 20:01   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spikey,

BTW can you take a picture and send me of the vehicle.
OK, after a very good day, I managed to visit the stockyard where all vehicles leaving the manufacturing plant are kept. Got to see 3 Getaways kept in the parking lot. All 3 are 4WD having Silver color. Here are the pics:-

Do I really need the THAR? EDIT: Booked Getaway!-29032011.jpg

Do I really need the THAR? EDIT: Booked Getaway!-29032011002.jpg

Do I really need the THAR? EDIT: Booked Getaway!-29032011003.jpg

Pardon me for the poor picture quality (taken from my mobile in low light conditions)

Spike

PS- I have communicated other important details to you over phone. You can call me in case you need more info.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:28   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
MC,
I have driven getaways a lot. For your requirement (of creature comforts) and budget there is nothing that would have been better. Hence smile

Few observations of mine based on my driving it all over the country over various terrain
  • Rear leaf springs are hard and front too soft. Suggest to remove leafs if you are not planning to load it for every day use
  • Handling of this vehicle in corners is brilliant!
  • This vehicle in 2wd is a no go. Need 4wd the moment you hit dirt
  • rear artiulation is not great. Suggest you to remove rear anti roll bar.
  • Has got good ADR angles and hence dont be fooled by large dimensions
  • Please dont bring this vehicle to JT kind of trails. This vehicle is strictly for long drives/ trail driving and not hard core off road abuse
  • Please follow carefully the instructions in the owners manual for 4wd selection. This is not as abuse friendly as good old lever
  • Parking this hulk will be the biggest pain in the @$$ purely due to dimensions
WIshing you good luck !
Thanks Vinod for the tips. Just a two queries which both you and Spike can answer.
  1. Wouldn't removing leafs change the suspension geometry and the resulatnt handling
  2. Also wouldn't removing rear anti roll bar increase body roll?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
OK, after a very good day, I managed to visit the stockyard where all vehicles leaving the manufacturing plant are kept. Got to see 3 Getaways kept in the parking lot. All 3 are 4WD having Silver color. Here are the pics:-

Attachment 525252

Attachment 525254

Attachment 525253

Pardon me for the poor picture quality (taken from my mobile in low light conditions)

Spike

PS- I have communicated other important details to you over phone. You can call me in case you need more info.
Thanks a ton Spikey for the pictures. Actually the silver looks better than the black because of the single colour scheme.

BTW I was told the 3rd Silver one is a 2WD.

Anyways thanks a lot again. Will ping / call if I need further info.
Old 1st April 2011, 00:48   #184
Senior - BHPian

A quick question for the guru's here.

BS-IV was supposed to come into effect from 1st April 2010 but due to various reasons and so came into effect only from November 1st 2010.

So will a BS-III vehicle manufactured in October 2010, when the highest emission rating in the country was BS-III only, get registered now in a BS-IV region as it manufactured during the BS-III era.
Old 1st April 2011, 01:00   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So will a BS-III vehicle manufactured in October 2010, when the highest emission rating in the country was BS-III only, get registered now in a BS-IV region as it manufactured during the BS-III era.
nope it will not get registered in the metros, and as a BS-III only in the non metros. unless until the delivery was taken before the implementation of the rule and was running on a t/r number till now.

if you don't mind, in which context is this doubt? is some dealer trying to sell a leftover BS-III variant this way?
Old 1st April 2011, 07:07   #186
Senior - BHPian

Ani,

When's the car finally reaching you? Waiting for it dude!
Old 2nd April 2011, 08:14   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
nope it will not get registered in the metros, and as a BS-III only in the non metros. unless until the delivery was taken before the implementation of the rule and was running on a t/r number till now.
I had read some where that the vehicles manufactured during BS-III regime would get registered even if the city moved to BS-IV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
if you don't mind, in which context is this doubt? is some dealer trying to sell a leftover BS-III variant this way?
Nope no dealer trying to peddle me anything. The Getaway is a BS-III vehicle. So trying to see what can be done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Ani,

When's the car finally reaching you? Waiting for it dude!
Srikanth Saar, hopefully will have it by next Saturday! Keeping my fingers crossed.

OT: Got our sunshine yellow Nano yesterday!
Old 4th April 2011, 09:49   #188
Senior - BHPian

Ok Ani, lets all meet up next sunday to review your new car.
Old 7th April 2011, 14:29   #189
Senior - BHPian

Utter disregard for the customer!

Its been 80 days since I booked my Getaway but I still don't have a vehicle.

Chronology of events:
  1. In January 2011 we decided to buy a Scorpio Getaway 4WD and the same was booked with M/s AML Motors, Hyderabad vide order no. 100029768 dt. 19/1/2011 with Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
  2. I was told that I’ll receive a link from M&M through which I will be able to track the order but nothing was received by me. The dealership had told me that they will give a week’s notice before arrival for me to sort out the vehicle finance arrangements.
  3. I was only informed on the morning of 3rd March 2011 that the vehicle had arrived. As wifey, in whose name the vehicle was to be bought, was scheduled for a long business trip we assured the dealership that the delivery of the vehicle will be taken once she returned and in any case before 31st March.
  4. We had informed that the dealership on 28th March that the loan and everything was approved and we would take delivery on 29th March. While we were gearing up to take the delivery, on the morning of 29th March dealership informed us that they had given off the vehicle to someone else. Furthermore, the dealer sales person had the audacity to suggest that their act was absolutely ok and we could cancel the order if we wanted. Hence I cancelled my order with M/s AML Motors and transferred it to M/s Automotive Mfrs Pvt Ltd on 30/3/2011.
  5. I was offered a Silver colour Oct 2010 Getaway 4WD standing in the Nashik plant by the Mahindra Area Office as an alternative for immediate delivery which I agreed upon. The same was booked on the Mahindra System by the dealer on 30/3/2011 and I received a confirmation of the same on 01/04/2011 through SMS. M/s Automotive Mfrs Pvt Ltd were paid Rs.9,11,590/- on 31/3/2011 towards the cost of the vehicle.
  6. As per yesterday, the concerned vehicle has still not been billed and neither the local area office or the dealer has any clue when it will be done either. As I have already paid up the whole amount the interest meter is already running while I don't have a vehicle in hand.
  7. Yesterday, wifey tired of all this delay wrote a mail to the top bosses of M&M but haven't received an acknowledgement even.

The nonchalance of M&M in treating its repeat customer is really sad.
Old 7th April 2011, 20:11   #190
Senior - BHPian

Ani,

You should have gone from AML to VVC as both AML & Automotive are owned by same guys.

This is really bad to treat a customer who is spending 10+ lacs and is a repeat one too!

M&M::: WAKE UP!
Old 7th April 2011, 20:31   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its been 80 days since I booked my Getaway but I still don't have a vehicle.
====================
tired of all this delay wrote a mail to the top bosses of M&M but haven't received an acknowledgement even.
The nonchalance of M&M in treating its repeat customer is really sad.
This is really pathetic.!!!! A paying customer being taken for a ride and making the whole ownership/buying experience a nightmare. Why can't manufacturers pay attention to basic things.
It is these experiences which create the -ve perceptions. A satisfied customer may tell 10 people but a dissatisfied customer will tell 1000's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
...M&M::: WAKE UP!
Yeah, they have just launched a campaign called R.I.S.E to wake up their employees who have been sleeping for past few decades
Old 7th April 2011, 22:29   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Utter disregard for the customer!

Quote:
I was only informed on the morning of 3rd March 2011 that the vehicle had arrived.
...we would take delivery on 29th March.
Left the vehicle standing over 3 weeks at the dealer's stockyard? Wrong move IMO.
Quote:
I was offered a Silver colour Oct 2010 Getaway 4WD...
Why? Are M&M doing you a favour? Have they stopped manufacturing Getaway 4wd's after that date? I would imagine it is M&M's responsibility to provide you with a vehicle ASAP, that too a current year vehicle, if one of its dealers made you go round in circles and harassed you unwarrantedly. Unless, of course, you're getting the Oct. 2010 vehicle at a substantial discount with included freebies...
Old 8th April 2011, 12:20   #193
Senior - BHPian

Re: Utter disregard for the customer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Left the vehicle standing over 3 weeks at the dealer's stockyard? Wrong move IMO.
May be a wrong move but I wasn't even given a week's notice to arrange the finance and other associated formalities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Why? Are M&M doing you a favour? Have they stopped manufacturing Getaway 4wd's after that date? I would imagine it is M&M's responsibility to provide you with a vehicle ASAP, that too a current year vehicle, if one of its dealers made you go round in circles and harassed you unwarrantedly. Unless, of course, you're getting the Oct. 2010 vehicle at a substantial discount with included freebies...
Yes!

But what is bugging me that I was offered this vehicle on 29th March 2011 with the associated offer but till date the vehicle was not been billed to the dealer. To me it seems that M&M is really not interested to sell that vehicle.

The local Area Office team has asked for time till today EOD for billing and despatch. If it doesn't happen, I'm going to cancel the order! This has been communicated to the dealer.

I think I have had enough of this non-sense from M&M!
Old 8th April 2011, 12:29   #194
Team-BHP Support

MC, Why not try your luck with the Tata Xenon.

M&M does not deserve you.

The are missing out on a great brand ambassador. You are someone who will be using the vehicle for a lot of touring. Then make travelogues out of it. The sheer advertising advantage they could have gotten is lost because of stupid dealers and indifferent management.
Old 8th April 2011, 12:31   #195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
MC, Why not try your luck with the Tata Xenon.

M&M does not deserve you.

The are missing out on a great brand ambassador. You are someone who will be using the vehicle for a lot of touring. Then make travelogues out of it. The sheer advertising advantage they could have gotten is lost because of stupid dealers and indifferent management.
But remember
1. There won't be any Test drive possible with Xenon
2. Waiting time is around 1 month for Xenon
3. It costs more

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks