Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2011, 14:21   #31
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Scorpio - 7 or 8 Seater - Really Confused!! Advise

Thanks friends for guidance.
I am getting a variation of Rs 1.6Lacs between SLE and VLX with A-Bags.
So opted for VLX with A-bags
Old 12th March 2011, 14:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy. You've made a good choice I feel. BTW, how come the difference is only 1.6L ? It seems more like 1.9L from the price list I got. And as I'm not going for the standard fitments the difference is even more(2L+).

Also I've just discussed with Satya(Evo) and he said he has put 12 inch sub in 8 seater versions although he has suggested the 7 seaters. But I guess I'll go for 8 seater just for the option to slide and tilt the 2nd row.
Old 14th March 2011, 00:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,
Little bit off topic question. I'm little bit confused about the delivery time. Normally how much time does it take for the dealership to deliver a vehicle? In Bangalore. I was initially told that I can get a delivery within 2 weeks or max 20 days and that would've been end of this month. But now I'm being told that I can get delivery only after 4 week and it would only be by end of April 1st week or start of 2nd week. I somehow felt that they want to push the delivery for April so that they can charge me with the new revised and increased price. I might be wrong but I started having that doubt in my mind. Will the price of the vehicle be the current price during the delivery and not the price during booking? I'm bit disappointed when I got this information today from the sales guy.
Old 25th March 2011, 14:42   #34
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio - 7 or 8 Seater - Really Confused!! Advise Edit : Cancelled

Hi All

I had to cancel the booking of my scorpio as I have leave India shortly. I am not sure if I will return this year, so I had no choice.

Will buy the scorpio as soon as return

Thanks for all the Inputs

Regards
Old 25th March 2011, 14:57   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

delivery sometimes can take 4 weeks.
and yes, the prices applicable at the time of delivery are the ones that are applicable. thats the standard contract. usually you can get your way with a bit of negotiation here and there. remember, they are equally keen to sell the vehicle.
if your salesman is not helpful go to the top. else, go to another dealer.
end of the day, use as much of your power as a consumer as you want to, to get your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hi Guys,
Little bit off topic question. I'm little bit confused about the delivery time. Normally how much time does it take for the dealership to deliver a vehicle? In Bangalore. I was initially told that I can get a delivery within 2 weeks or max 20 days and that would've been end of this month. But now I'm being told that I can get delivery only after 4 week and it would only be by end of April 1st week or start of 2nd week. I somehow felt that they want to push the delivery for April so that they can charge me with the new revised and increased price. I might be wrong but I started having that doubt in my mind. Will the price of the vehicle be the current price during the delivery and not the price during booking? I'm bit disappointed when I got this information today from the sales guy.
Old 15th June 2011, 11:48   #36
BHPian

OT: My cousin is planning for a new car and finalized scorpio SLE, i would like to know whats the booking period now. Cousin needs it in less than a month for some personal reason, is it possible?
Location is Bangalore.
Old 15th June 2011, 12:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
OT: My cousin is planning for a new car and finalized scorpio SLE, i would like to know whats the booking period now. Cousin needs it in less than a month for some personal reason, is it possible?
Location is Bangalore.
Best thing is visit a dealership and check with them directly. Considering the fact that this is a SLE model am sure you should be able to get delivery of one in a lesser time.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 12:54   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Location is Bangalore.
Check with the dealers, I got my Sle in less than a week's time from the date of paying the full amount.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 12:59   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Best thing is visit a dealership and check with them directly. Considering the fact that this is a SLE model am sure you should be able to get delivery of one in a lesser time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Check with the dealers, I got my Sle in less than a week's time from the date of paying the full amount.
Thanks Rj and 2500cc, I am continuing the same discussion in the below thread. hope you don't mind

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2392391
Old 15th June 2011, 13:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rj and 2500cc, I am continuing the same discussion in the below thread. hope you don't mind

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2392391
It's best you continue the discussion here because that thread is solely for technical issues related to the MHawk.
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:06   #41
BHPian

Continuing the seat dilemma

I had decided on 8 seater, for the reason that you could recline the middle row and third row could be removed to make space for luggage and yet will have 8 seating capacity when needed.

Today the delar says 8 seater is not available in the AT model (he had promised it can be done earlier!!!).

Another catch that I learnt about is that RTO has a restriction on 8 seater (allowed only on commertial/taxi) especially if the vehicle is being purchased on the company lease program!!!

Now, need to decide between the normal setup of 7 and the captain seat version. I did see the captain seat arrangement today, I like it but its essentially 4 adults and kids/short people in the last row. The normal one would allow for 5 adults and the side facing last row.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio - 7 or 8 Seater - Really Confused!! Advise-img00214201106221255.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio - 7 or 8 Seater - Really Confused!! Advise-img00217201106221353.jpg  

ajitkumarlb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 23:33   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_anurag View Post
I too own a 7 seater Scorpio with side facing 3rd row. Apart from the advantages already mentioned on the thread, I like the space freed up when the side facing seats are folded up and the 2nd row is flipped over completely. With a mattress a double bed can be created and could be very useful on long journeys.
Hi Anurag,

I am also weighing the various seating options available with Scorpio. This would be a great plus for me.

Thanks
Biju

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks