Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2011, 21:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Life reclaimed, next is what?

A Honest suggestion, if I were in place of you owing a 1999 Safari (I own a 2004 TCIC now.):

1) TCIC is one of the most reliable and cheap to maintain engines from TATA. DICOR is super expensive when compared to that and you will have nightmares if a BAD used DICOR comes into your garage without warranty.

2) Sell off the Safari, go for either 2005 or 2004 Scorpio or Safari, both are good vehicles, this is from my personal experience of owing both the vehicles, recently I purchased Scorpio 2004 for some 2+ Lacs in good condition.

On the other hand, the 2004-2005 Safari Tcic has the least clutters of all the Safaris produced till date, I can assure you this with owing of a 2.2 Dicor 2008 (driven by my cousin).

3) Used Indigo Marina or even a new one will make you feel home after driving a Safari. (my thought!!)

4) Purchasing a new vehicle by putting a huge burden on your pocket is pure act of BAD management, avoid that. You will be happy with a used one too. Infact start saving money for future purchases.

Thanks.
Old 2nd April 2011, 20:34   #32

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in this forum.., though I have been around in the forum for the last one year or so.

I am getting a 2007 Safari Dicor 3.0 VX which has run around 66K kms. There is no extended warranty on the vehicle, but from the outside, the vehicle is spotless.
I will shortly do a inspection of the vehicle.

Experts, what are the pros and cons of this offer?

Are there any major expenses that are required in the near future for the vehicle? Is this a good buy for around 6L?

regards

Dashy
Old 3rd April 2011, 13:10   #33
BHPian

If you ask me, I would rather buy a Scorpio for that budget. You would possibly get good used scorpios for 6lakhs.
Old 3rd April 2011, 13:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashy View Post
I am getting a 2007 Safari Dicor 3.0 VX which has run around 66K kms. There is no extended warranty on the vehicle, but from the outside, the vehicle is spotless.
I will shortly do a inspection of the vehicle.
Please donot buy a Safari DICOR without warranty, you would end up loosing too much. The maintenance bills are hefty. Instead do as sumannandy said. Buy a used Scorpio.

6L is too much for that vehicle, give me that money and I would buy you a 2009 EX 4x4 or 4x2 Safari 2.2 DICOR.
Old 5th April 2011, 11:50   #35
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Dashy for 6L in Bang you should be able to get the 2.2 dicor of end 2007 / start 2008, a better vehicle than the 3.0 dicor plus would be within the 4 years warranty.
Old 5th June 2011, 11:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

ACM was spot on. I have decided to go with the 2.2 Dicor, but that is still a good year and more away. Will keep searching and pick one for about 5ish. Thanks a ton everyone
Old 7th June 2011, 19:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

If there is nothing wrong with your vehicle, then hang on to it. As far as I know that engine is bullet proof and can go on and on.

In India every thing sells. Even my son's five year old totaled Baleno was sold for 50k. So there will always be a market for the TCIC. If it is 1.5L today, it will be 1L in three years.

Now assume you have got a new one, and put the EMI in a recurring deposit. Before you know you will have enough to get a new SUV, in the mean time enjoy the last days with your "soul mate".

Most Viewed