Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will you come to the Team-BHP national meet in Goa?
Yes 67 33.67%
No 58 29.15%
Undecided 74 37.19%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2006, 14:50   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan
My only worry is the rains.I think we are cutiing too close to the monsoons.If that happpens,Goa is not the place to be .
I wish it rains I love it when it rains...perhaps we could have a couple of days of sunshine and a day or rain. Love driving in the rain!
Old 14th February 2006, 15:33   #137
Team-BHP Support

A lot depends upon what one's idea of an ideal time is. From my past experience, this is what I found out -
If you like big crowds, December is the best time. The weather is at its best too, but, the rates are sky high. January - 2nd week of February is very nice time too. From the 3rd week of February, hotel rates are a little lower and the weather starts getting hotter. As March ends, many Indian tourists flock to Goa - bachchon ke exams khatam ho jaate hai na. April and May are hot. Last year, during our drive to Goa in the last week of May, I found that it's not really bad. It was cooler and less polluted than Mumbai. Hotel rates were at their lowest. It starts raining in June and visiting a beach resort during monsoons IMO is a criminal waste of money. September is the 1st month after the rains end as Dassera and Diwali approach, the tourist crowds start building up.
Now, it's up to you guys to decide.
Old 14th February 2006, 15:34   #138
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I wish it rains I love it when it rains...perhaps we could have a couple of days of sunshine and a day or rain. Love driving in the rain!
Im thinking of a drifting DICOR ... Wouldnt that be a sight to watch ... Yes i too agree with steeroid .. Couple of days in sunshine and rains would suit the bill very well .. So when u flying down to india ?? Might need a carry bag u know ..
Old 14th February 2006, 15:34   #139
Team-BHP Support

Ok, I have been quite about this so far. In fact, I just caught up on few days worth of posts after getting a SMS from Mclaren.

May last week is almost the first week of monsoon, which means one can expect heavy rains. People who are familiar with coastal weather know what I am talking about. But we can get lucky and not be affected too.

Another thing, by May I won't be a Bangalore BHpian anymore. In fact I will be within 5 hours of leisurely highway drive from Goa.

Now the most important thing. If we want members to commit spending 2 days/3 nights in Goa with family, we better decide what are we going to do during that time. We should have activities to do throughout the stay. If not the members will go on their own to different sight seeing activities, and that would suck.

What can we do while being there, I don't think there are any tracks. If it is going to be a official T-BHP National meet, it better be special.
Old 14th February 2006, 16:13   #140
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Ok, I have been quite about this so far. In fact, I just caught up on few days worth of posts after getting a SMS from Mclaren.

May last week is almost the first week of monsoon, which means one can expect heavy rains. People who are familiar with coastal weather know what I am talking about. But we can get lucky and not be affected too.

Another thing, by May I won't be a Bangalore BHpian anymore. In fact I will be within 5 hours of leisurely highway drive from Goa.

Now the most important thing. If we want members to commit spending 2 days/3 nights in Goa with family, we better decide what are we going to do during that time. We should have activities to do throughout the stay. If not the members will go on their own to different sight seeing activities, and that would suck.

What can we do while being there, I don't think there are any tracks. If it is going to be a official T-BHP National meet, it better be special.
Gosh u guys (a few of u i mean) are really pathetic u know .. I keep sending out SMS's and none of u even bother to reply .. Me thinking that u guys might not have got it send them again .. Atleast what u guys can do is tell u need more time to confirm via SMS .. And i mean all of u ..

Yes i agree to samurai .. We need to do something special , and not have each one wanting to go one direction .. So any ideas ?? Get ur ideas rolling guys ..

Btw samurai uncle still resides in bangy when he has confirmed his partcipation .. So id say its still a confirmation from bangalore .. Which makes it 11 till date .. Rest of india are all duds i feel (ok just kidding) .. Come on guys wake up !!!!
Old 14th February 2006, 16:30   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Gosh u guys (a few of u i mean) are really pathetic u know .. I keep sending out SMS's and none of u even bother to reply .. Me thinking that u guys might not have got it send them again ..
Why dont you simply set your SMS delivery reports on???? SInce when are young guys so tech-unsavvy? And thats not even close to tech...

Quote:
So id say its still a confirmation from bangalore .. Which makes it 11 till date .. Rest of india are all duds i feel (ok just kidding) .. Come on guys wake up !!!!
Lets not make this a city vs city thread okay?

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th February 2006 at 16:33.
Old 14th February 2006, 16:31   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Gosh u guys (a few of u i mean) are really pathetic u know .. I keep sending out SMS's and none of u even bother to reply .. Me thinking that u guys might not have got it send them again .. Atleast what u guys can do is tell u need more time to confirm via SMS .. And i mean all of u ..
That explains why there were 3 identical SMSes in my inbox...

Mclaren, not everybody replies SMSes in a hurry. I get so many junk SMS offers from Airtel/HDFC/ICICI etc. I have even received some SMS on new ring tones from Airtel in the middle of the night. Therefore I have just switched off the SMS alert chime. I saw your SMS only today and then decided to catch up on this thread.
Old 14th February 2006, 17:13   #143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Why dont you simply set your SMS delivery reports on???? SInce when are young guys so tech-unsavvy? And thats not even close to tech...
Yes did that the 2nd day this thread was put up .. Then realised i had like 60 contacts and this time sending each one of them and waiting for delivery reports would take ages (thanks to SE T610) .. So had to send the SMS as a chain to all the tbhpians (much faster that way) .. So effectively it shows the delivery report for the last person only .. This was some 4 days back .. Got minimum responses .. So sent out another SMS yesterday night .. So that explains how samurai got 3 SMS in his inbox .. Looks like u dont like reading ur sms's ..

Quote:
Lets not make this a city vs city thread okay?
I didnt intend to .. But im hoping atleast this way the others would wake up and vote .. Doesnt seem to be working either ..

Quote:
Mclaren, not everybody replies SMSes in a hurry.
Yes agreed .. Not 1 week to just respond.. All it takes is 1 reply to say " cant tell as of now , shall confirm soon" or " will come for sure" or "sorry cant make it" .. How hard is that ???

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 14th February 2006 at 17:15.
Old 14th February 2006, 17:40   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes agreed .. Not 1 week to just respond.. All it takes is 1 reply to say " cant tell as of now , shall confirm soon" or " will come for sure" or "sorry cant make it" .. How hard is that ???
All your 3 SMSes were delivered yesterday night, at least according to the time stamps.
Old 14th February 2006, 17:45   #145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
All your 3 SMSes were delivered yesterday night, at least according to the time stamps.
Check with ur operator .. Maybe some gadbad with that .. Yes has happened to me too, a few msgs keep getting delivered again and again .. I guess steeroid would be in a better position to explain why ?? Meaning u didnt get my other SMS that i sent a few days back ??? Now im wondering !!!!

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 14th February 2006 at 17:46.
Old 14th February 2006, 18:15   #146
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, Please get back to the topic being discussed.

Thanks

GTO
Old 14th February 2006, 18:23   #147
BHPian

Folks, am back after a long break which involved travel for business and vacations..
Mclaren, count me in for the Goa meet whenever it happens. I just need to know a month in advance
Old 14th February 2006, 20:15   #148
Senior - BHPian

Does Goa atleast have a go-karting track?
Old 14th February 2006, 21:39   #149
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Does Goa atleast have a go-karting track?
Yes the JK tyre go-karting championships used to happen at goa as far as i know .. So there ought to be a good track there .. Holiday Inn & Taj exotica certainly had a go-karting tracks dont know if they are still functional ..

I think it is an interesting idea .. What say bhpians ???
Old 14th February 2006, 21:47   #150
BHPian

I say YES YES YES!!!!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks