Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Will you come to the Team-BHP national meet in Goa?
Yes 67 33.67%
No 58 29.15%
Undecided 74 37.19%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2006, 12:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nagpur is about as central as one can get...but do we have any organizers there? Otherwise we could look at Pune, a city with a rich automobile tradition...
Old 7th February 2006, 12:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Otherwise we could look at Pune, a city with a rich automobile tradition...
Thats true..!!!
But not much good roads to drive around except for the expressway....
Old 7th February 2006, 12:43   #18
BHPian

I say we drive to Goa... Dil Chahta Hai style!!! ... sadly I dont know any of you BHPians... except for v1p3r, who I havent seen for years! So it will be great to meet all you pedal-to-the-metalheads!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 7th February 2006, 13:56   #19
BHPian

I would say hyderabad or someplace near hyderabad. Everyone from all 4 corners can drop in. Its sort of the biggest city towards middle of india.
Old 7th February 2006, 14:05   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Yes goa seems to be a good bet .. However i have a weird idea .. How about chennai .. We can rent the sri-perambadur track and have the track to ourselves .. Think about it , a national tbhp meet at a track .. Isnt that what we would love to do ..

Coming to the organizing part im sure the chennai boys sideways, bikersg will rent the track out and book accomodations etc etc just like they have been doing for the track day.. Now if one could only confirm the dates ..

Lets burn some rubber F&F style .. I know it will be a bit far for some of u , but i think it will be worth the trip .. Fun at the tracks followed by a wicked party .. If its goa it will be only party all the time ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 7th February 2006 at 14:07.
Old 7th February 2006, 14:12   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Yes goa seems to be a good bet .. However i have a weird idea .. How about chennai .. We can rent the sri-perambadur track and have the track to ourselves .. Think about it , a national tbhp meet at a track .. Isnt that what we would love to do ..
mclaren, i was also exactly thinking on those lines. all our guys at the track racing against each other... it would be super fun. hiring the track and putting an end to the baleno, vtec debate would be real fun.

secondly, arranging accomodation and other related stuff would be easy rather than doing the same at a palce like goa or nagpur.
Old 7th February 2006, 15:16   #22
BANNED

Quote:

Coming to the organizing part im sure the chennai boys sideways, bikersg will rent the track out and book accomodations etc etc just like they have been doing for the track day.. Now if one could only confirm the dates ..

Lets burn some rubber F&F style .. I know it will be a bit far for some of u , but i think it will be worth the trip .. Fun at the tracks followed by a wicked party .. If its goa it will be only party all the time ..
Hey, What happens to us from the North ??? Though Goa is a great idea .. but that will have to happen in Oct or after that ... I'm in though I hope I get some company from Delhi !!

There is a Palio Users group on yahoo and they having their meet in Goa on the 25th Feb, I'm going for it but minus the Palio ( flying down ) !! I also will be meeting up with Rallystar and he and me will have a mini meet ... !!

Goa .. I'm in !!

Cheers
Old 7th February 2006, 15:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If its goa it will be only party all the time ..

dude ...chennai is too far for everyone except for those staying in teh south ...abt goa ..the drive will be good for everyone ....people from south can take teh nh4 till dharwad after which u get the entire ankola rd and then nh17 till goa...for people from mumbai they can take the nh4 route or the nh17...

but then others staying in teh north will not be able to make it in a single day

Last edited by speedsatya : 7th February 2006 at 15:37.
Old 7th February 2006, 15:32   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
dude ...chennai is too far for everyone except for those staying in teh south ...abt goa ..the drive will be good for everyone ....people from south can take teh nh4 till dharwad after which u get the entire ankolad rd and then nh17 till goa...for people from mumbai they can take the nh4 route or the nh17...

but then others staying in teh north will not be able to make it in a single day
Hey, We can make it in one day from the North .. FLY !!! Though I wud luv to drive for the meet ...

Still waiting for more people to respond or r they just thinking its impossible ??? With about 3 months of planning I'm sure lot of people can turn up .... Wat say ..

Cheers
Old 7th February 2006, 16:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

The Chennai idea is a good one only when people see the worthiness of driving to the tracks to drive ON it. And not many would see the value in it.

I'm game for anything,guys. But, we need large confirmations to make this happen. Atleast 50-75 Bhpians from all around the country would make it a success.
Old 7th February 2006, 16:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

If its any time after may 1, Im in even if the meet is in Greenland.
Old 7th February 2006, 17:30   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
The Chennai idea is a good one only when people see the worthiness of driving to the tracks to drive ON it. And not many would see the value in it.
Nitrous just stole the words out of my mouth .. Ones got to drive on the tracks to see whats its worthy off .. Once u do that trust me time and time again u guys would turn up be it even from J&K,rajasthan,calcutta or kanyakumari .. Driving to goa would be boring , just as any other usual highway drive .. But driving to get onto a track is in itself very exciting and the perception only changes to exhilaration when one gets onto driving on the track .. That i can assure ..

Its not about just a meet , its all about making a meet special .. What better for petrol heads than a weekend at the track .. Ok if u guys have a track up north give us the details and il make sure i can arrange for atleast 10-15 members to drive along to the north .. Thats how exciting it is ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 7th February 2006 at 17:32.
Old 7th February 2006, 17:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren, how many of them who turned up at the tracks with their cars actually drove on the track ??

Many of them don't wanna risk their lifetime investment on the track for somefun.

Hope, i get my sweet,fast ride just in time for the next track day.
Old 7th February 2006, 18:01   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Mclaren, how many of them who turned up at the tracks with their cars actually drove on the track ??
Well dont know about the others , but we certainly would .. Or look at it this way .. How about renting out the FISSME's alone .. That way if anyone bangs pays .. I can vouch for atleast 10 cars from bangalore who will drive with their road cars .. The numbers can only go up if one can understand the fun u can have to see ur car doing that .. And come on nitrous , how many incidents did we have in the two track days .. NONE .. The track is a safe place .. Its all in ones mindset if they wanna put their car on track or no ..

Btw from the gang that arrived from bangalore all of them drove their cars except for rudra , who was more worried about not finding his partner in crime ..
Old 7th February 2006, 18:03   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Nitrous just stole the words out of my mouth .. Ones got to drive on the tracks to see whats its worthy off .. Once u do that trust me time and time again u guys would turn up be it even from J&K,rajasthan,calcutta or kanyakumari .. Driving to goa would be boring , just as any other usual highway drive .. But driving to get onto a track is in itself very exciting and the perception only changes to exhilaration when one gets onto driving on the track .. That i can assure ..

Its not about just a meet , its all about making a meet special .. What better for petrol heads than a weekend at the track .. Ok if u guys have a track up north give us the details and il make sure i can arrange for atleast 10-15 members to drive along to the north .. Thats how exciting it is ..
Hey, We guys up North can offer you plenty of tracks but they will be dirt tracks .. so if thats what you want -- come along anytime !!

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed