Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will you come to the Team-BHP national meet in Goa?
Yes 67 33.67%
No 58 29.15%
Undecided 74 37.19%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2006, 14:31   #286
Senior - BHPian

I'm supposed to have a few rooms in Goa, so they may work out cheaper than anything else. Let me find out...
Old 13th April 2006, 14:33   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Well regarding the two days or three days thingy , i guess we should decide that based on what we plan to do .. Like we reach goa on 26th say by evening .. Rest of the day goes in meeting up with everyone .. 27th goes in roaming around goa to all the happening places .. 28th goes in all talks about everything under the sun and the go-karting thingy .. Im sure not all will stay for the entire trip , few may leave early and few might decide to stay on for a few extra days .. So does anyone have a few bright ideas asto what else we could do ??
I disagree, McLaren. Having an open-ended 3-day meet where people can join or leave according to their convenience may be a bright idea, but it works as well as the flexi-office - nobody get to know each other.

My suggestion is to stick to a 2-day 3-night meet where you arrive on one evening and leave early on the 3rd morning. Chalk out a program instead of stuff like 'generally roaming aroung Goa', because we dont want to spend time argueing about where to go and what to do.

Unless this is structured - at least loosely structured - it will end up in chaos and a lot of bruised egos.
Old 13th April 2006, 15:08   #288
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I disagree, McLaren. Having an open-ended 3-day meet where people can join or leave according to their convenience may be a bright idea, but it works as well as the flexi-office - nobody get to know each other.

My suggestion is to stick to a 2-day 3-night meet where you arrive on one evening and leave early on the 3rd morning. Chalk out a program instead of stuff like 'generally roaming aroung Goa', because we dont want to spend time argueing about where to go and what to do.

Unless this is structured - at least loosely structured - it will end up in chaos and a lot of bruised egos.
I agree steeroid .. But do u think everyone will stay the entire duration ?? There will certainly be some who would leave early or those who would want to stay back .. Thats why i mentioned that .. I would love to see everyone reach goa on the 26th and stay for the entire trip until the 3rd day ..

I also agree that we need to chalk out plans asto where we would be going when ?? Last thing we need is disorientation with each wanting to go in separate directions .. So all u frequent goa visitors , pls come up with all the worthy places to visit based on direction .. Im sure we all could sit and chalk out a good plan ...
Old 13th April 2006, 16:39   #289
BANNED

Quote:
I meant guys from one particular city could share a room on triple rent basis .. Like v1p3r , psycho and myself can share one room .. Similarly , all the guys can make groups like this with folks from their own city whom they are familiar with .. Anyways , lets wait for the others to decide on that ..

??
Hey, I'm ok in sharing a room with u Bangy guys ... seem I know you guys though we still havnt met !! Coz if its gonna be town wise then I'll end up witha bedroom for myself .. --

So I'm getting my tickets done and hoping you Bangy guys r not gonna ditch ( I don't think u will ) !!

Cheers
Old 13th April 2006, 16:52   #290
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

Hey, I agree with you that we need to have atleast a loosely structure itinerary or else the bruised ego effect just might take over ... My plan is as follows ---

26th May -- Arrive in Goa n the eve/late afternoon ... Get to know guys over a few chilled beers and dinner at some shack or the other .

27th May -- Morning dip in the water for the early risers followed by b'fast , shud finish latest by 11 with the b'fast !! Of to South Goa to the go-karting spot .. Lunch somewhere there .. back to the rooms by 5-6 .. Shower up and hit the Beers and another shack ..

28th May -- Just chill around .. Plan a mini auto cross ( this was suggested by Rallystar ) during the day !! Late Evening .. Beach Volleyball -- teams of 4 and teh winning team gets free drinks and dinner ( paid for by all the other members )

29th May -- ( If all do stay back ) A trip to Chapora fort ... chill out on the Beach , maybe do a few water sports ( if those guys still open ) !! If anyone knows how to organise a treasure hunt ... We cud also do that .. wud get us to see wuiet a bit of Goa as well taht ways !!

30th May -- Departure after a heavy breakfast !!

Now you guys throw ur ideas ... !! Also members who are 200% sure of coming pls PM me with ur mobile numbers/msn ids !!!

Cheers
Old 13th April 2006, 18:37   #291
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, I agree with you that we need to have atleast a loosely structure itinerary or else the bruised ego effect just might take over ... My plan is as follows ---

26th May -- Arrive in Goa n the eve/late afternoon ... Get to know guys over a few chilled beers and dinner at some shack or the other .

27th May -- Morning dip in the water for the early risers followed by b'fast , shud finish latest by 11 with the b'fast !! Of to South Goa to the go-karting spot .. Lunch somewhere there .. back to the rooms by 5-6 .. Shower up and hit the Beers and another shack ..

28th May -- Just chill around .. Plan a mini auto cross ( this was suggested by Rallystar ) during the day !! Late Evening .. Beach Volleyball -- teams of 4 and teh winning team gets free drinks and dinner ( paid for by all the other members )

29th May -- ( If all do stay back ) A trip to Chapora fort ... chill out on the Beach , maybe do a few water sports ( if those guys still open ) !! If anyone knows how to organise a treasure hunt ... We cud also do that .. wud get us to see wuiet a bit of Goa as well taht ways !!

30th May -- Departure after a heavy breakfast !!

Now you guys throw ur ideas ... !! Also members who are 200% sure of coming pls PM me with ur mobile numbers/msn ids !!!

Cheers
That sounds pretty good .. But i think we should have the karting thing the 2nd day .. That way there would be a lot to anticipate for , rather than getting done with all the fun the 1st day itself .. We could have the treasure hunt or the autocross the 1st day ..

Khaadu i think u already have my contact numbers and MSN/Yahoo ID's .. Keep in touch ..
Old 13th April 2006, 21:33   #292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well we could very well do with triple sharing of rooms with each having to pay not more than 500 per day or less ..
Dont forget that this is Goa 5 days away from offseason. You can manage some really good deals.

Nicely laid out itinerary khaadu.

cya
R
Old 14th April 2006, 09:06   #293
BHPian

thats a reely well planned itenary khadu... any guys coming from pune?? lemme know.. (pm me).. i'm in for the trip... wanna meet you guys...
Old 16th April 2006, 07:47   #294
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys.. T-shirt Update.. Mclaren i spoke to the factories and they are all running full.. i had warned you guys in one of my previous posts.. There is no way the factory is going to stop the production for approximately 100 T-shirts(Keeping that as minimum amount seeing that there are only 45 confirmed entries and 37 still undecided ..)

So what do we do?? Is there someone else on the forum who owns a factory or knows someone who can pull this thing off..??
Old 16th April 2006, 07:57   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Khaadu Bhai..

I love the Beer and the shack part.. count me, Steeroid, n_aditya and Psycho in for this.. Mclaren is still too young for all this he can join us with a coke ...

And you forgot to mention the Calangute beach.. also there are some nice hotels in baga beach.. last time i went there during the off season i got the a/c room for around 1000 bucks a nite and its a hop/skip jump away from the Beach and right after "TITO'S" ...
Thats an awesome place to stay.. Baga beach.. all the action happens around Titos..
Also we can drive down one of the days to the fort and the church..

And the part of the Mini auto cross.. please plan it properly as the cops there are not forgiving.. also guys no Rash driving within goa limits...Lets have a nice holiday huh....

and MCL in case you have not noticed... n_aditya has not voted on this tread... are you going to let him get away with this??

My number -- 098459 06900
Aim -- sumitebs
Yahoo -- sumitvarma1
sorry no MSN

Last edited by Godfather : 16th April 2006 at 08:00.
Old 16th April 2006, 12:01   #296
BANNED

Hey, I agree with you about having a safe holiday ... All members should realise that being RASH on the roads is not a gud idea in Goa and will only get us all into trouble . We will try and find an empty stretch incase guys wanna drag but otherwise try and get that speed itch out on the Go Kart tracks itself .. !!!

As for the hotels on Bagga beach ... do you have their number ?? I still dont see the 45 confirmed people coming back and posting their details .. time we start collecting money for the bookings .... WAKEY WAKEY ---

Cheers
Old 16th April 2006, 12:35   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As for the hotels on Bagga beach ... do you have their number ?? Cheers
I will search for the number.. might have the bill at home somewhere...
Will keep you updated..
Some nice hotels near calangute also.
Old 16th April 2006, 16:34   #298
BHPian

all goa helpline.......

guys I am from Goa as you can see on the left below my name.....

i am sooooooooooooooooooooo.......... excited..

i guess there will be lots of problems with the phone numbers so try out this all GOA HELPLINE NUMBER 0832 2412121. It basically woks as a call center that tells you any phone number and address of any place in GOA like hotels and stuff alike.

hope this helps..
Old 16th April 2006, 23:52   #299
Team-BHP Support

Godfather,

You can get an AC room on the Tito's stretch for way less than Rs.1000 per night! Rs300-500 is more like it, and if you are getting several rooms during this off season im sure you can manage to haggle a bit and get it for the lower end of that spectrum.

About the Tshirts, since this is a limited production run, it might make sense to get those digital tranfsers done instead of silk screening?

cya
R
Old 16th April 2006, 23:57   #300
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Godfather,

About the Tshirts, since this is a limited production run, it might make sense to get those digital tranfsers done instead of silk screening?

cya
R
That exactly what we are planning rehaan .. Need to go speak to a few shops tomorrow .. Btw what happened to the invites ??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks