Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2011, 20:57   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep
Sorry to find this thread just now. I am very interested in another meet. Please somebody do the organizing.
I shall also be delighted to join, if another meet comes up. Really enjoyed the last meeting at Uluberia. Just please make sure that the meet takes place on a Sunday.
Regards,
Rahul Biswas
Old 3rd September 2011, 13:36   #17
BHPian

Re: Kolkata Tbhp meet, August 2011.

The fun filled one looks good to me . But might be a problem if there are too many having fun at the same time?

The CCD before Singur is a good place with a big parking space and its very seldom occupied. I've never seen a soul there whenever I've visited.

@Planet, PLEASE keep me updated if I miss checking this thread on a regular basis. Will try to be around

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Whoa! Still stuck on the first page?

Seriously guys! Plan something good. Who is in-charge of this meet? Want Tips 'n Tricks?

it can be as simple as ... Uhm! hold on:

Simple as this:

Attachment 602727

Or, complex like this:

Attachment 602725

Or, fun-filled like this:

Attachment 602726

All of these required a lot of planning-shanning - All the best.
senindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senindra View Post
The fun filled one looks good to me . But might be a problem if there are too many having fun at the same time?

@Planet, PLEASE keep me updated if I miss checking this thread on a regular basis. Will try to be around
the stretch where the Fun-filled pic was shot, now has the highest & most unplanned speed-breakers - Rajarhat Express-way.

I have not been on the NH that many times - so do not have idea about the distance and location on the map - though it is famous because of Tata and Didi.

Don't worry - will keep you in the loop - Stick to one cell number, I have two similar numbers stored in my phone.
Old 3rd September 2011, 15:16   #19
BHPian

Ok, let me try and explain to the best of my knowledge.

From Entally (The road on which St.James and Mother Teresa house is) till CCD it was approximately 60kms one way/ an hours drive.

Once you cross a big plant on the right, approx 50 odd kms from the 2nd hoogly toll (no idea what plant it is) it will be on the left hand side together with a petrol pump. Very clean and well mantained washrooms & CCD. They even serve hot means but I would guess they just buy it from a Dhaba around and serve it in a more presentable manner.

There is only one more toll which you would need to cross before arriving here.

Kona is in the worst state ATM I have seen since 2002 FEB. Its a disaster.

1100D will be at a benefit with his Scorp, everyone else, see for yourself

If you take up this option my suggestion would be everyone should meet up there instead of driving there together. This way not only would you save time, you would also avoid possibly unwanted situations. (just my opinion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
I have not been on the NH that many times - so do not have idea about the distance and location on the map - though it is famous because of Tata and Didi.

Don't worry - will keep you in the loop - Stick to one cell number, I have two similar numbers stored in my phone.
senindra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 03:28   #20
BHPian

Gentlemen there seems to have been no developement for the meet planned for August in September yet . Ki byapar?

Well,some more information for all of you.

I had visited the below mentioned CCD today, umm it was yesterday as I post this.

The Kona stretch for the onward journey is marginally better they have placed cobblestones now to cover the craters. The way back towards the city on Kona still remains terrible, though patches have been covered with cobblestones aswell.

There is also an Azad Hind (which I have been completely unaware of) 14 odd clicks ahead of Singur. This Azad Hind is more hygienic, the atmosphere is better, the utensils are cleaner, the service is better, the air conditioner runs 24x7. Bottom line - heaps and bounds ahead of the Azad Hind in Uluberia. They've already been around for 2 years they say but honestly most of the people I know only go to the Uluberia one. For me, If I have to go for Dhaba food - Uluberia is now out of the question - this is my new favourite. Coffee at CCD and drive ahead to Azad Hind for a bite.

My odo one way said 98kms when I parked in Salt Lake - this includes a slight detour of few kms due to no U turn right outside Azad Hind.

Just incase you guys do plan your meet this direction, thought this info might help.
Attached Thumbnails
Kolkata Tbhp meet, August 2011.-photo-2.jpg  

Kolkata Tbhp meet, August 2011.-vollbildaufzeichnung-09.09.2011-234916.bmp.jpg  

Kolkata Tbhp meet, August 2011.-vollbildaufzeichnung-09.09.2011-235525.bmp.jpg  

Old 10th September 2011, 21:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
There is also an Azad Hind (which I have been completely unaware of) 14 odd clicks ahead of Singur. This Azad Hind is more hygienic, the atmosphere is better, the utensils are cleaner, the service is better, the air conditioner runs 24x7. Bottom line - heaps and bounds ahead of the Azad Hind in Uluberia. They've already been around for 2 years they say but honestly most of the people I know only go to the Uluberia one. For me, If I have to go for Dhaba food - Uluberia is now out of the question - this is my new favourite. Coffee at CCD and drive ahead to Azad Hind for a bite.
Gentlemen,
I have been to this Dhaba four times possibly, always at night. The food is good but I have found that there is one more small advantage of eating at this place. The parking place attendant there (may be the security guard) usually cleans your car while you finish your meal, if the place is not occupied with too many cars. I request him to clean my car and he always does it for me. In return, I tip him for his service with a modest amount, usually twenty rupees. Last time I even saw him using a small rubber hose for effectively cleaning the mud and dirt off my car, before wiping the water with a cloth. I am sure this is something every T-BHPian should feel nice, to get their cars cleaned (of course, if cleaning is needed), while they themselves enjoy their food. Moreover, the attached BP fuel station is a COCO output, as is written on the signboard there, so a decent quality fuel may be expected nearby.
However, I remembered that once I reached this place at around midnight and some of the food items were not available. One elderly gentleman, possibly the manager, explained that as many of the staffs at the kitchen went off-duty after 11 O'clock, it was not possible for them to serve all their possible dishes.
Regards,
Rahul Biswas,
Cossipore,
North Calcutta.

Last edited by rahul4640 : 10th September 2011 at 21:02. Reason: Spell check
Old 10th September 2011, 21:15   #22
BHPian

How could I forgot to mention that the car was shining when I came out, he did a fabulous job . I had arrived there after midnight and some of the mutton dishes were not available, but I could live without it when I compare it to the ambience at Uluberia.
Old 11th September 2011, 03:57   #23
BHPian

Did another drive to Azad Hind.

Some more accurate details:

The U turn one has to take for the return journey is 7.5kms from Azad Hind which means an additional 15kms.

I called the waiter when I crossed CCD and ordered the food, so it was just ready to be served within 2-3 minutes we sat down.

To reach Kona from here is about 40 odd mins, covering Kona atleast 10-15mins, and to Salt Lake another 10 minutes - So about an hour and 10 mins. Its exacly 80kms from my doorstep.

Guys did two recces already, so WHEN is the meet happening ? .

This is just a suggestion, ofcourse. IF you guys think this is far out of town and not game for it I'm sure many could come up with better/ reachable destinations.
Old 11th September 2011, 11:34   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Did another drive to Azad Hind.

Some more accurate details:

The U turn one has to take for the return journey is 7.5kms from Azad Hind which means an additional 15kms.
Dear Sen Sahab,
Please do not take the U-turn going all 7.5 Km from Azad Hind Dhaba. Drive only about 4 KM and you shall see the signboard of "Hindusthan Hotel" on your left. At the evening it is prominently visible due to the blue coloured "Uninor" mobile service provider's advertisement boards, which may be seen from a good distance. This hotel also has huge parking place and some of the food there are also nice but I did not like the ambiance there. Please take the attached service road which will lead you towards the underpass at the bottom of the elevated expressway (NH 2), where you will be able to come out and join the main road from the other side. This road also has a good surface. This way you need to drive only 8 or 9 additional KMs.
Regards,
Rahul Biswas
rahul4640 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 12:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

We went there yesterday. Its 38 kms from Dankuni toll on left (CCD being around 26). the return back point was a little more than 3 kms from there, (exit for chinsura - one takes the exit, then takes the next right which goes under the expressway, after crossing the expressway, turn right again)

i did not like this one over the Uluberia one. Maybe because the scorp was already clean
Old 3rd November 2011, 13:30   #26
BHPian

This is terrible. The scheduled August meet could not be organised in September and now we are in November.
What will the Rest of India BHPians think of us?
noidea is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 13:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What will the Rest of India BHPians think of us?
I am quoting your handle - "noidea"

Let's just say - there is very less participation in these meets in Kolkata - the organizer(s) does play a very important role in these meets and well! people have lost interest.

it is not that we didn't have good meets :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...t=Kolkata+Meet

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...t=Kolkata+Meet
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:11   #28
BHPian

Will all of you have a look at this please?

I think this will be reasonable option for most people, not too far, not within city limits and the Sunday packages are reasonable.
Thanks

Rates & Resrvations
Old 9th December 2011, 01:23   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
Will all of you have a look at this please?

I think this will be reasonable option for most people, not too far, not within city limits and the Sunday packages are reasonable.
Thanks

Rates & Resrvations
Yes, this looks a good venue checked the rates are ok, especially the day package looks good.

Make the meet happen guys, we all will feel good about it.
Old 23rd September 2012, 22:14   #30
BHPian

Did this meet ever happen? Its nearly the last quarter of 2012 now

Most Viewed