Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2006, 16:02   #31
BHPian

Hey, 7 sounds great. But I can't stay too late as I've got some other commitments later on at night that can't be avoided.
Another thing, better to avoid a late night drive via I-MAX, as it's going to be CROWDED with the moviegoes rushing around like madcaps trying to find parking!
Now that the timing is decided, how about a place to meet for dinner? As I am sure we are all gonna go dutch, how about a place that is affordable (and tasty) for everyone? And I am sure that Amitoj is dying to try out our famous Hyderabadi Biryani, so we could safely narrow it down to 3 places (unless anyone can suggest a better option!) -
1. Paradise (everyone's favourite!)
2. Ohri's Banjara
3. Hyderabad House. Buy food from there and go somewhere peaceful and hog!

What do you guys think?

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 10th April 2006, 16:11   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
I am sure that Amitoj is dying to try out our famous Hyderabadi Biryani, so we could safely narrow it down to 3 places (unless anyone can suggest a better option!) -
1. Paradise (everyone's favourite!)
2. Ohri's Banjara
3. Hyderabad House. Buy food from there and go somewhere peaceful and hog!

What do you guys think?

Godspeed.

Alok.
Paradise is good... you can sit at Persis Gold. Ohri's may be a bit costly affair, and for Biriyani there are more authentic places available.

Hyderabad House next to the Polic Lines, SP Road also has a eating place upstairs, though not anything fancy.

For authenticity you can also try out Bawarchi (carry on after Giants and then take a left from the signal). Its really good. Only remember that they won't accept cards.
Old 10th April 2006, 16:17   #33
BHPian

damn, would surely luv to join u'll guys.

9866081779 - Nicky

plz contact me guys on whe's it happenin. N yh a suggestion guys :-

Buy the food from Hyd Birayni House, n then ride to Shamirpet. its a nice r place, camp out , eat out, wash hands in that lake . wat say?
btw Bikes allowed?
Old 10th April 2006, 16:20   #34
BHPian

Any news about the whereabouts of Aadix and Haryan, someone please try and contact them. I'm sure they would love to come!

EDIT - Zappo: Do I see a ray of hope about you coming to the meet? Would love to meet you man!

Nicky: Lol...yes... bikes allowed, especially if there is a goodlooking pillion rider behind you . Shameerpet is out of the question for me bro, I have other commitments as I had already mentioned. I CANNOT be late for that. If I go late, I will thereafter be remembered as the Late Ghostrider!

I can pick up Karthik, but could someone please drop him back at Tarnaka? This is his first visit to Hyd, so he doesnt know anything about the place.

Godspeed.

Alok.

Last edited by ghostrider4385 : 10th April 2006 at 16:30.
Old 10th April 2006, 16:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Let's give Amitoj the authentic taste of out Hyderabadi biriyani. My choice is Bawarchi. The restuarant in the first floor is decent. I am not a big fan of Hyderabad House. It's a compromise between Bawarchi and others.

I'll call aadix, haryan, Insane Devil and others and let them know. Guys.....suggestions required about a place where we can meet....
Old 10th April 2006, 16:42   #36
Team-BHP Support

Arrey alok bhai... would have loved to be there with you ppl... unfortunately I am flying out on thursday and will be away for 4 days. Will have to wait for some other day I guess

Satish, you are bang on... Bawarchi is really nice... only problems are - that they do not accept cards (that is not such a big problem also), and the bigger issue is of parking. Where do you park there? Its so badly congested... the last time I went there was a year or so back and that too on a bike. Still it was painful to find a parking place! The guard there shifted a police metal barricade a little and asked me to squeeze my bike next to it.

Nicky, Shameerpet is a real bad place to go at nights. Never get caught in those areas after the nightfall. It is not safe at all. However if you plan for the day then its another thing. Take chicken (or mutton, as you like it) and have BBQ on the rocks... in fact the cars can drive deep inside, up on the rocks, next to the lake... Its amazing!

Last edited by Zappo : 10th April 2006 at 16:45.
Old 10th April 2006, 16:47   #37
BHPian

UPDATE: Just got an sms from Rishaan (Insane Devil). He's got commitments after 7, but can meet us at around 5. Now it's up to you guys to decide. I can come.

P.S. Where exactly is Bawarchi? Is it the same old Ballerina Restaurant near Clock Tower?

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 10th April 2006, 17:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
P.S. Where exactly is Bawarchi? Is it the same old Ballerina Restaurant near Clock Tower?

Godspeed.

Alok.
No, it's near RTC X roads, Chikkada palli. Opp to Sandhya Theater.
Old 10th April 2006, 17:08   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
UPDATE: Just got an sms from Rishaan (Insane Devil). He's got commitments after 7, but can meet us at around 5. Now it's up to you guys to decide. I can come.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Its at RTC X-Roads. Have you seen the Giant Hypermart? It is now called Spencer's I guess... You take the left turn next to Viceroy hotel and then take a right from the second signal. Thereafter keep going till you cross Giant's. Thereafter I think it is the next big signal. You take a left turn and Bawarachi is there on the right.
Old 10th April 2006, 17:13   #40
BHPian

Yes, thank you for the directions zappo. I know where Spencers is (THANK GOD!). And I am also aware of what a painful stretch of road it is. It will not be too far for me as I stay in Marredpally, but i'm worried about the other folks coming.

One suggestion. If it's going to be crowded and will be an arduous task to find parking, lets avoid Bawarchi. Moreover, I think Musheerabad is pretty far off for some folks, and the traffic is terrible all the way!

Any suggestions for places that are close enough for everybody, keeping in mind Burjis is going to be coming all the way from Banjara Hills, Journalist Colony, if i'm not wrong.

Godspeed.

Alok.

Last edited by ghostrider4385 : 10th April 2006 at 17:18.
Old 10th April 2006, 18:20   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, thank you for the directions zappo. I know where Spencers is (THANK GOD!). And I am also aware of what a painful stretch of road it is. It will not be too far for me as I stay in Marredpally, but i'm worried about the other folks coming.

One suggestion. If it's going to be crowded and will be an arduous task to find parking, lets avoid Bawarchi. Moreover, I think Musheerabad is pretty far off for some folks, and the traffic is terrible all the way!

Any suggestions for places that are close enough for everybody, keeping in mind Burjis is going to be coming all the way from Banjara Hills, Journalist Colony, if i'm not wrong.

Godspeed.

Alok.
If you guys are not really hung-up on just Biriyani (I mean as a speciality item) then there are fantastic eating places available all over Hyderabad. Give a try to Blue Grotto. Its at Asrani International... They have fresh lobsters, squids and all the other exoticas that you can think of.

Also, the Fusion9 is a great place to check out. Even Cinnebar Red is a great place. You can try out some fantastic Tepenyaki, shushis and many such exoticas

A newly opened place for trying out some fantastic italian stuff is at Filmnagar... its recently opened, though they serve only vegetarian stuff. If youu want to try out the pubs then I would say TDS serves some really awsome stuff. Some of the items at Outswinger is also fantabulous. I can go on about places you can try out, there is no dearth of 'em here.

Btw... wherever you guys finally decide to go let me suggest you something to start your evening with. Go to Universal bakeries and do try out their burgers. Particularly the chicken varieties for which they use minced meat. After spending that 24 odd bucks on a burger let me assure you, you won't think of having a burger anywhere else, ever. Thats a promise. Ppl come from as far as Madhapur just to have their burgers.

Last edited by Zappo : 10th April 2006 at 18:21.
Old 10th April 2006, 19:56   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Even Cinnebar Red is a great place. You can try out some fantastic Tepenyaki, shushis and many such exoticas
Errr... Zappo my lad, Cinnabar Redd is a nice place, but do you have ANY idea of the rates there!!!! And moreover, if you talking about the pub part of it, then there is hardly enough space... I find it too cramped.

Or if everyone like their drinks, then instead of TDS, we can go to another pub in the same building, Club 8. Cheap and good beer, and 50% off on all drinks till 8 at night if I remember correctly. Or if people like rock, there is always easy riders.

Oyi, I really think i'm going off topic here. Now, Zappo, I think Amitoj specifically wanted to try out our famed Biryani, so I guess we'd better stick to that! And, other than bawarchi, what other good places does it leave us with?

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 10th April 2006, 20:41   #43
Senior - BHPian

I never had trouble parking my car at Bawarchi. Even Paradise has very congested parking space. At Bawarchi you can park the car just a few meters before the restuarant and walk. No other restuatants in this side of the city serve better biriyani. There are some in old city, but forgot about parking you can't even drive with in a radius of couple of kilometers.

There were days when i used to wake up in the mid night and go to Bawarchi for their biriyani.

Though you can reach this place via Spencers, lower tank bunk is the recommended route for people coming from J. hills and surroundings.
Old 10th April 2006, 22:23   #44
BHPian

As long as there is ample car parking, without the fright of your car getting banged into or towed away, I am absolutely fine with it! The traffic light where we need to take the turn into IS the one right after spencers right? I don't wanna get lost in that area! And as I come from Marredpally, I don't have another choice but to come via Gandhi.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 11th April 2006, 18:19   #45
BHPian

Time to jump start this dead thread (seems like it!) again. I think Burjis finds the place a little out of the way. Any suggestions?

Godspeed.

Alok.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks