Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2006, 22:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Great to see you guys had fun!! (hint of jealousy)

Next time, I'll be back. Well, I hope so!

Just one clarification: Since when is the Vtec stock?!
Old 13th March 2006, 22:50   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Day 2 : Ended up missing the 1st session bcoz the boys didnt want to wake up and move early .. Moreover psycho decided that the baleno wouldnt go on the track with the 165's at any cost .. Being next to bank rupt we could afford for only front tyres at 700 bucks a day .. These tyres were 195/60/r13 .. I must say after that the baleno did handle way better , not like how v1p3r's baleno handled on the 1st track day .. That explains the 1:23's we clocked at the previous track day .. Also the set-in engine helped a lot ..

With the tyre change and slightly better traction decided to push the car a bit , always shifting at 5500 revvs as i didnt want to strain the new engine .. The fastest i ended up clocking was a 1:28:523 a whooping 3.8 secs faster to the timing on the previous day .. With better tyres at the rear im hoping that the times would have certainly fallen by another 1-2 secs for sure .. The baleno was still sliding around corners when pushed hard as the rears were still on the 165's and the the right rear was taking a beating .. But im very satisfied with this times show and after taking out JD for a couple of laps figured out where i was making my mistakes and shall improve upon the same by the next event ..

Because of the tyre problem i was getting the lines into C3 and C5 all wrong whenever i tried to push it a bit hard , add to it the shifting at 5500 revvs (as the engine is not even run 2000 kms) , so with all this sorted out at the next meet im expecting to do a few better lap times .. Should be able to get close or better the 1:23 that we clocked the last time ..

And yes psycho u better learn to drop that idea of not wanting to push the cars , its fun to be at the edge and try and not to loose it .. Thats when u enjoy it the most ..

Wolf , shantanu and co .. Now im sure u guys know why we kept insisting and instigating u guys to make u come to the tracks .. As shan said " its worth every penny" and also like wolf said " it calms u down so much that u wont feel like speeding on public roads" .. Godfather will be thinking finally we are safe on public roads .. U guys did well but next time just remember to try out the FISSME's , LGB's and the race esteems .. The sole fun lies there ..

As for the tbhp meet at chennai it was very very disappointing because apart from nitrous , aditya and sap none turned up ..
Old 13th March 2006, 23:03   #18
BHPian

hi guys i really had a gr8 time at the track day, tho i was there only on sunday. cudnt meet any of u guys as i hardly knew ne 1. met mr.farhan n got my name registered for the esteem 5 laps on the first session. soon was inside saran vikram t'mars race esteem. his dad n tuner mr.shanmugam was my instructor. as this is my first time on the tracks he showed me how to go around the track hugging the cornering lines. then it was my turn, got myself strapped in the sparco's n was slowly attacking the corners. after 2 laps, i gained some confidence n started picking up some pace. never cared about the speed or timings, i was more concentrated on the lines. n the instructor said that it was not a good idea to go beyond 120k's with not much practice, but then i had to pass a slow moving gold ford ikon(is it one of urs?) n got a reason to push the gas pedal n reached arnd 140 on the straights, then this grey carrera was behind me for around 4 corners n i was very nervous as to when he wud pass me. n finally my 5 laps got over n i was really exhausted. had a gr8 experience, hope to join ya guys in the next track day. here are some pics
thats me after putting 5 laps :
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=rbcfuo
on the straights
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=rbck87
discussing the flaws i made on the track
Old 13th March 2006, 23:07   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498
Hi frenz,
I'm very new to TBHP and this is ma first post.. xcuse me if something goes wrong.
I went to the track day with wolf,gray,Shantanu, mCLAREN psyco n frenz and trust me we had a hell of a time.. The only sad part being Gulzar crashing out.
Wolf was awesome with his lines and his v-tech was flying beating the crap outta other cars.. To add the icing on the cake our man Shantanu who was also driving the v-tec clocked a whopping 1.21.. and later had J.D.Madan come personally congratulating him and telling him " good job, we tried catching u but we couldn't".. Hats off to u Shantanu.. this being ur first time on the track and with just 1 session u clocked better than not 1 but many.. J.D. could not keep up with ur pace..
I was wonderin, if u could do that with a stock v-tech what would u have done with a fully blown one.

I had fun riding the race spec esteems and i also drove the LGB's. I clocked some 1.21 something on the LGB.. man was it fast or what!!!

Overall it was an amazing experience.
Cheers
Shrey welcome to tbhp .. Im sure u will enjoy ur stay here ..

Well none of us are actually shocked with the green VTEC clocking a 1:21 ... At the last event a STOCK baleno (v1p3r's) with 195's clocked 1:23 .. And since when is wolf's car STOCK .. Sorry to say but if thats what u have heard about that car u are certainly wrong (dont go by that sound from the leaking exhaust) .. That VTEC puts nothing less than 115-120 bhp courtesy psycho and it certainly is one of the fastest VTEC's around town .. Dont know why but the VTEC boys dont want to come out with the truth .. And also It wasnt JD who was driving the esteem it was JD riding shotgun to a guy who wanted to learn the lines from him .. Had it been JD he would have smoked us even in a bicycle .. He, karun , ayub and gang are a world apart from the rest of us ..

Coming back to the VTEC , it was fast agreed but saying it was beating the crap out of all cars isnt fair .. U need to understand that most of the cars on the track were esteems , balenos , 1.5 citys , lancers et all which are way less powerful than even a stock VTEC .. Also the guys driving the FTO , CLS 350 and the cayenne were new to the track themselves and they werent pushing their cars at all .. Did i tell u that i lapped (not overtake but lapped) the CLS 350 , a black baleno and the cayenne in one of the sessions... That doesnt make my baleno super fast , its just that those guys were on a chill ..

Well we certainly appreciate ur views , but try and not to post wrong info here ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wolf
Im so impressed with the handling, power, finesse on my Vtec that she deserves a few meaningful upgrade real soon, Shan2nu wouldnt agree to that lesser Im sure. We had lot of doubts regarding Vtec's handling and all but today I can say with abundant confidence that "It handles like a gem" even in stock form and the power , I neednt say anything, it blew most cars as if they were 50bhp cars!
U mean to say that ur engine was STOCK or that ur suspension was stock .. Also , u must understand that VTEC in stock form also is the most powerful car in its segment .. So u cant expect other cars to be on par can you ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 13th March 2006 at 23:17.
Old 13th March 2006, 23:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Photos Please

Nice report there all of you. Really feel sad there are no tracks in Mumbai where we can lay our hands on.

I guess somebody was supposed to post the pics as well as the videos Please post ASAP as we all missed it.
Old 13th March 2006, 23:59   #21
BANNED

Btw shan ur best lap was a 1:22:674 not 1:21's as u rightly said ..

Well we had loads of fun at the track and off it too .. Would love to thank n_aditya for hosting us up at his place ... All the talks about '' psycho being a over-revving , limiter hitting during sleep" , " shan not handling as well as a S2000" & '' wolf with his body kit" were fun .. Cant fortget them at all .. Also the arguments at the hotels were a bit of fun too ..

Did u guys know that nitrous' ikon is TCed ??? I was shocked to hear the whistle ..

A few unforgettable quotes :

shan : track day is worth it !!!
wolf : track days calm u down ..
nitrous : listen to my TC whistle ..
aditya : were we in 2nd ??
psycho : i find it impossible to push it to the max ..
ssjr0498 : My shumi signed cap flew off ..
mclaren : nitrous certainly has the ba##s and the skill to drive in chennai traffic ..

Off track , i was most impressed with nitrous' driving .. Man this guy drives superbly in the chennai traffic .. Just showed us the fact that right lanes arent the fastest in chennai , its the left off-roading lane thats the fastest way around town .. No wonder sideways didnt let u cross 40 km/hr at the 1st track day ..

Last but not the least would once again love to thank sideways , biker sg , praveen , JD and gang for hosting the track day brilliantly .. Also ayub and the other pros who helped us with the problems at hand .. Great going guys , just cant wait for the next track day that might happen in august ..

PS : We were so looking forward to the 200 mtr drag at the end of the day .. But it was called off as we ran way over schedule ..
Old 14th March 2006, 00:15   #22
BHPian

Hey,
thanks psycho to even read my post, however, yes, u are right JD was not driving the esteem.. obviously.. but a man of his stature showing someone to follow his lines and being a co-driver in a race spec esteem is prolly more than enough to take any other first timer..
So, we must give credit to our man Shantanu that even with JD (our desi michael schumacher) showing some one his lines and it also being shantanu's first time on..could not catch up...
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Well just a clarification here, JD was a passenger in the esteem, it was being driven by someone else and JD was showing him the lines.
Old 14th March 2006, 00:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Good to see more people bitten by the bug.

Did anybody notice what brand and what size tire the race Esteems were running? Also, how about the LGBs.

Regarding VTEC vs Baleno, they seem really close in performance. If anything the VTEC might have a slight edge and not the other way round.

To best answer the question, next time have someone like Ayub or JD drive them back to back and time them.
Old 14th March 2006, 00:32   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Good to see more people bitten by the bug.

Did anybody notice what brand and what size tire the race Esteems were running? Also, how about the LGBs.

Regarding VTEC vs Baleno, they seem really close in performance. If anything the VTEC might have a slight edge and not the other way round.

To best answer the question, next time have someone like Ayub or JD drive them back to back and time them.
Well the LGBs were running 195/60/R13s JK tyres (dont know the model numbers , but they were the same as the ones that they were renting out) not so sure if the FISSME's were running the same .. The race esteems were running the same as the LGB's ..

Well coming to the VTEC vs the baleno here are a few facts :

Vtec - 120 bhp , 195's with 14'' with shantanu behind the wheel = 1:22:674 ..
baleno (v1p3r's) - stock 94 bbp engine, no mods with 205/13s with v1p3r behind the wheel = 1:23:03 ..

Well im hoping that karun chandok will be present at the next meet .. He had promised to help me get my lines right in the FISSME's at the next event , too bad that he wasnt present this time around .. However JD did eventually help me out when he was riding shotgun in my baleno .. Thanks a lot JD , will certainly put into practise what u told me ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 14th March 2006 at 00:37.
Old 14th March 2006, 00:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

Wow wow, Mclaren, stop mudslinging as usual man...WHY am I seeing some comparisons of my vtec happening with other cars again??? Im uninterested.Keep me out of this. Secondly,it wasnt some race to take our good timings and thingies like J.D's appreciation so seriously,,,this is childish...
Anyways, let me clear the doubts...ok...

My understanding of stock: No engine works, no ecu works, no gear box works, not even headers...the gains with k&n, polished throttle body and a removed cat con is negligible on the tracks I presume. Vtec is already a fast car so guys chill.

Also this is our first track day so I would appreciate a little encouragement and appreciation from you experienced guys(never saw any unforunately for good 2 & half days!) for what we have accomplished instead of comparisons, background checks, criticism etc...stop playing undercover cops here...

P.S: Im not interested in another Vtec vs Bal argument so guys kindly put your energy to rest.
Old 14th March 2006, 00:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Wow wow, Mclaren, stop mudslinging as usual man...WHY am I seeing some comparisons of my vtec happening with other cars again??? Im uninterested.Keep me out of this. Secondly,it wasnt some race to take our good timings and thingies like J.D's appreciation so seriously,,,this is childish...

My understanding of stock: No engine works, no ecu works, no gear box works, not even headers...the gains with k&n, polished throttle body and a removed cat con is negligible on the tracks I presume. Vtec is already a fast car so guys chill.

Also this is our first track day so I would appreciate a little encouragement and appreciation from you experienced guys(never saw any unforunately for good 2 & half days!) for what we have accomplished instead of comparisons, background checks, criticism etc...stop playing undercover cops here...

P.S: Im not interested in another Vtec vs Bal argument so guys kindly put your energy to rest.

.. i am sick of the vtec vs baleno on the forum..not another one please..
Looks like you guys had good fun on track day.. also shan2nu and wolf first time on track and very impressive timings.. Good choice to change the tires before you went on track..MCL - good timing on your baleno and i think you should have floored it just for the fun of it man..
@Psycho... *** you told me you were not going.. what happened?? how did you land up there??
Old 14th March 2006, 01:00   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf

Ok i was neither interested in this argument .. Remember it wasnt me who started it , was it ?? U can keep all ur so called grown up talk to urself , i was just bringing across a few facts here that u and ur dear friends seem to be misquoting every now and then .. Im off with this anyway ..

Well as far as the encouragement goes we have always been saying that VTEC is faster than a baleno , u guys are better drivers than we are right from the beginning .. No denying it .. Im sure u remember v1p3r saying it all along in the other threads .. And ur hearing it from me also now ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wolf
I neednt say anything, it blew most cars as if they were 50bhp cars!
As i have always been saying u guys need to learn not to put down other cars just because u guys own the fastest car in the 1.6L segment .. For once atleast learn to compare an apple with and apple and not with oranges .. Maybe we all can have a go at the fissme's or the lgb's at the next event and cut the debate about driver talent .. A stock VTEC at 106 bhp will certainly be faster than a baleno with 91 bhp or a esteem with 84 bhp or a zen at 61 bhp .. So going onto say that it BLEW all cars as if they were 50 bhp cars is plain childish .. Talk like that when u have similar competition not when all cars are less powerful than urs ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 14th March 2006 at 01:15.
Old 14th March 2006, 01:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Guys both cars are very good in their own grounds and time. OHC Vtec no longer in production so it is the Baleno which is the performance king today. So please dont fight. Learn to aprreciate both models and the facts stated by Mclaren are true.

Let peace prevail
Old 14th March 2006, 01:09   #29
BHPian

Hey guys,
sorry if my views about a car being "STOCK" is negligible.. but from what I know of.. if a car has not had its engine,ecu,gear box,heads worked on should be considered as a stock..Now we cant blame the Honda's to make that car pump some 100+bhp's can we.
Mclaren bro no offence to u but did u not also on the second session on the first day replace ur filter with a K&N.. and also u telling us that psycho did something to ur car which had ur engine pumping some 20+bhp's so that makes ur baleno a non -stock one dosent it! (91+20 =110bhp, baleno being lighter than a v-tech means better power to weight ratio)
So, lets not comprehend on the "STOCK" dept..
As far as the cayanne and other cars are considered, bro, i dont understand..correct me if I am wrong.. Weren't they on a "RACE TRACK".. What is one supposed to do when he/she gets his/her car onto a RACE TRACK.. I think rip and drive..
If u wanna show off.. OMG look at me I have a Cayanne, a merc, a lexus.. u have a very long stretch called M.G.Road to do that.. show off there.. not on a race track.
On a race track u have driver's who are there to drive not "CRUISE". The Black merc.. dunno the model but for heaven's sake it was a merc.. tried catching up with shantanu on the turns but he couldnt,but I guess he was just agape to see a v-tech fly past him and then i guess as when he came to the straights he ripped his car hard and then closed some gap between him and Shantanu.. but it was not close enough to get past him.
Kudos to u as well to go past a more powerfull car, why do u want to take ur credit away by saying that they were not ripping..
My question is ID U N ME ASK THEM NOT TO RIP? The answer to that would be NO.. Bro u need skills to drive on a race track, u n me might have it but someone might not, so what if he owns a friggin Bugati verron if he dosent know how to drive it then its his problem not our's.
So, this cant be an excuse to take credit from a driver who was serious abt
his driving and not showing off his car or giving excuses to others that I am taking it slow...
Personally, mclaren, bro u are good, i did see u sling past the race spec esteems, u need talent to rip a car with those ****ty stock tyres and get past the race spec esteem.. why are u taking away ur credit by saying stuff like those more powerfull cars did not rip.
Another example would be, if someone remembers there was a maroon r1, the guy was only ripping on straights on the turns the guy on the yam was taking him.. on the same time did u see the guy on the vfr( JD prolly), poncho and chetan the guy on the katana doing that, they were ripping all throughout, they also own bikes which are not common and a small accident would cost them thousands.. so did it take them away from ripping them? No.
In the end i wanna quote a line from a movie " it dosent matter if its an inch or a mile, winning is winning"

Peace
Shrey

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 14th March 2006 at 01:20.
Old 14th March 2006, 01:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498
Weren't they on a "RACE TRACK".. What is one supposed to do when he/she gets his/her car onto a RACE TRACK.. I think rip and drive..
If u wanna show off.. OMG look at me I have a Cayanne, a merc, a lexus.. u have a very long stretch called M.G.Road to do that.. show off there.. not on a race track.
On a race track u have driver's who are there to drive not "CRUISE".
Bro u need skills to drive on a race track, u n me might have it but someone might not, so what if he owns a friggin Bugati veyron if he dosent know how to drive it then its his problem not our's.
In the end i wanna quote a line from a movie " it dosent matter if its an inch or a mile, winning is winning"

Peace
Shrey

Hey Bro.. even though i agree with you on this i guess you came down too hard on the guys here.. give them a break will ya.. chill out.. thats how it has always been among the vtec and the baleno owners.. and racing down MG road.. i will not advise that..
and i like the fast and furious dialogue you have quoted in the end.. very impressive.. but track day was not a race. It was organised so that we could get to know how fast the cars can go and if we have the b***s to control it..

Also the line from the movie was "It dosent matter whether you win by an inch or a mile, Winning's winning"

take care

Last edited by Godfather : 14th March 2006 at 01:22.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks