Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2006, 19:33   #91
sAP
BHPian

Subscribe

I think Advanced Driving and Racing Programme sounds good. Some of us have been sneaking in a few though informally... I know I did and so did a few others which I understand from some of their posts.

Formal training may still be better. In terms of training consistency versus having individual trainers choose their own methology and adhoc style. For instance, I know someone who was given a training lap or two but wasn't even told about the reference markers on track. Why reference points make sense? http://www.turnfast.com/tech_driving...fcpoints.shtml

I think the only students that qualify for discounts will be those that take the daily bus to college. What do you think, Sideways?

sAP
Old 15th March 2006, 19:40   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
.. All these working uncles could make up for it by paying a bit more ..
I do not wish to fight/attack but we work hard for our money, would prefer to spend it on our car's.
Old 15th March 2006, 19:58   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Manson - p.s. shan that 1.22 sounds impressive considering this was your first time.
Thanks dude. Will have to get good tyres next time. The ones we used this time had already done their time.

Quote:
Sideways - Shan, I am impressed
Thanks. But dude, we were really impressed with the way the event was organised and handled. Everyone did any awesome job.

Quote:
Sideways - Since there are so many interested in improving their times, we can maybe organise an Advanced Driving and Racing Programme for you, where we will have the guru's of motorsport imparting theory and practical sessions in order for you all to hone your skills further - Phew that was a long sentence !!!

Let me know what you gys think and we will get working on it.

Trust me it's worth it's weight in Gold / Platinum
I'm in for sure. Would love to have the pros help me get my lines right.

Just wondering though, do you feel the lines for the Race Esteem would differ slightly, from the ones for a Vtec or any other car for that matter?

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 15th March 2006 at 20:03.
Old 15th March 2006, 20:25   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP
I think the only students that qualify for discounts will be those that take the daily bus to college. What do you think, Sideways?

sAP
one word....hilarious
Old 15th March 2006, 21:09   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am in too , just make sure u give students like me and v1p3r some additional discounts
What kinda discount? I mean how much?
Quote:
.. All these working uncles could make up for it by paying a bit more ..
AND what exactly do we get back out of that? As one uncle already said that we work hard to earn...we need to see the RETURN, you know!!
Old 15th March 2006, 21:27   #96
Senior - BHPian

Well the uncles have to pay silly things like rent, EMI and stuff you know.

McLaren, look at it this way, if you take the bus to college, you will save on gas money and won't need the discount anymore.

............(jus kidding guys)
Old 15th March 2006, 21:30   #97
sAP
BHPian

For the love of sport

No offence. I think it needs to be attractively priced for all. Our country could use a better class of drivers anyway.

sAP
Old 15th March 2006, 21:51   #98
Senior - BHPian

I think its a great idea...After the tutorial sessions we can prolly have a "Time Trial", where just 2 or 3 guys are let on the track at one time randomly to time themselves then check who's done what...This way we can see what times we are capable of doing with a race setup vs stock cars etc...This will also give us an opportunity to time ourselves with the pros on similar machines. Man this is gonna be awesome...Sideways, sAP, Sawan, man you guys can make this thing come true!!!
Old 15th March 2006, 22:19   #99
Senior - BHPian

I take the train everyday, am I eligible? Come on man, even Lalu lets me have 50% concession! Someday I would want to take my "precious" around the track.
If we can come to a conclusion on the nitty-gritties, I might have 3 guys from Mumbai who might be ready straight away.
Old 16th March 2006, 00:20   #100
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Rudra , ajmat , SAP and gang i was just kidding btw .. Remember we all paid the same as u guys for track day !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAP
Trust me u have no idea .. My coll is about 3 kms away and we have no buses in that direction , and i take my pulsar 150 to coll everyday just to save up some money for my build and the FISSME championships ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 16th March 2006 at 00:24.
Old 16th March 2006, 00:30   #101
BHPian

atleast you have the car sponsored by your parents, we paid for our machines from our earnings, i think we are the ones who deserve a discount...what say all the uncles??????

methinks you can save all the money by walking up to college.....
Old 16th March 2006, 00:48   #102
Senior - BHPian

I take the bus to college (whenever I go) 30 km each way. I get to drive on weekends, and twice a lifetime, on track. Do I qualify for any monetary benefits?

As usual, I'm enthused and excited, but it all depends on costs etc... I'm a bit of a bore with the money moans, so don't pay attention!!!
Old 16th March 2006, 07:12   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
atleast you have the car sponsored by your parents, we paid for our machines from our earnings, i think we are the ones who deserve a discount...what say all the uncles??????

methinks you can save all the money by walking up to college.....
i second that adit1329, grass is always green on the other side....
Old 16th March 2006, 08:46   #104
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

It amuses me asto what lenghts we tend to go off-topic at times ...

Maybe one of the reasons parents buy thier children cars is to show savings , but in my case its to save my life.. Me and two wheelers dont go well hand in hand .. Parents would rather have me alive.. Should have been a proud owner of a R6 or a 6R , until some astrologer came home and said i would die within 2 months if i ride bikes .. Seemed true , bcoz i had just met with two major accidents on bikes in the last 3 days .. Out goes the SBK and in came a zen the very next day ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 16th March 2006 at 08:49.
Old 16th March 2006, 14:13   #105
BHPian

Right guys, we'll talk about discounts later. As of now I have the following idea on my mind and we are going to be dscussing it tonite. Here's a tentative schedule of what we are planning.

There will be theory sessions followed by practical ones. We will have a cl*** room with a board showing a layout of the track. Expereienced racers, some of whom you guys have already met will teach and explain the theory behnd entry, apex and exit. Also we will have the sessions with transponders so that peole can apply theor to the practical part and see if there is an imporvement. At the end of the day the particionats will be asked to put in a cuple of timed laps in the race prepared cars, just to see the difference in timing between their personal cars vs race cars.

Second day will more or less be like the first one. On this day we will have instructors go out with the participamts in their cars in order to fine tune and correct the participants skills. the cars again will be fitted with transponders. At the end of the day the particpant will again be asked to drive in a race prepared esteem in order for us to compare time form the first days race car session.

End of program and time to party.

Please remember that htis program needs to be run over two days. We will organise accomadation near the track for you if necessary. In order for this to work we will need atleast 10 or more people to particpate.

And yes we will have markers etc.

Please send in your comments.

Thanx.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks