Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2006, 19:16   #31
BHPian

Yea I like that idea too which Mpower said, however I can't see the option to buy those "i wanna sit on the grass" tickets online....hey Mpower, where' do we get those tickets from???
Old 2nd June 2006, 19:17   #32
BHPian

and yess all US member's I'm gonna pm you all again (i've done this before and its a lot of effort and you guys better turn up or atleast replyyyy :(( to this damm post!!
Old 2nd June 2006, 19:42   #33
BHPian

https://imstix.brickyard.com/inettix...ges/f1_map.gif
You guys wanna consider B-Stand, highest possible seat (either way this stand was empty last year),we'll get a wider view of the track. I agree in the grass we'll be able to get a good look, but it'll be a very low point same level as the drivers and the view angle will be really narrow, I was in the paddock last year,which gave a decent angle and recently I was at the INDY500 practice session sitting in the corporate penthouse thing which gave the BEST view, the entire start-finish straight, it was fabulous.

check the link above guys, 1day and mpower both y'all , its time I pin the rest of the gang...
Old 5th June 2006, 21:08   #34
BHPian

Guys! you got to make some more noise for people to realise this thread exists!!!! I actually stumbled upon this while checking out the national meet thread...

@highwayblaze: PM is definately a good idea... i know it will be tedious but i guess thats the only way to get people involved. May be for next time I will write a script

F1 and meet sounds like a great idea... but unfortunately I wont be able to make it, this summer looks quite bussy for me, I'm flying down to cali for a week.. end of this month... then my folks are visiting first week of july (will stay for atleast a month) and also I've closing of my apartment end of july or first week August!

But will definately make it for the next meet! We can plan it for fall or a winter ski trip if you guys up for it!
Old 11th June 2006, 08:36   #35
BHPian

man I've pm'd before and have got mostly negative responses plus more than half the members who're in the US havent logged on to T-Bhp since 2 years or something. Nutts...anyway i'm going to start the process right now!
Old 18th June 2006, 23:20   #36
BHPian

gentlemen we're not receiving any responses...c'mon!!
Old 19th June 2006, 04:51   #37
BHPian

i'm back from my cali trip but expecting my folks end of this week so count me out... sorry bro, next time around count me in!
Old 19th June 2006, 21:53   #38
RJK
Senior - BHPian

how much do the tickets cost again ? I'm thinking of coming to Indy, though a lot depends if my friends are coming or not
Old 20th June 2006, 01:15   #39
BHPian

Minimum is 85$ to 150$. i've got the one's for 85$ for stand B. check out the seating at http://www.brickyard.com
please do come.
Old 20th June 2006, 01:17   #40
BHPian

Drive your own car on the Indianapolis Oval.

Gentlemen lets make this meet successful. Here's a whopper incentive atleast to all those who live in a 300mile vicinity of indianapolis.
Check out this link....
http://formula1.com/race/news/4512/760.html

puhleeesssss respond guys comee onnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Old 25th June 2006, 21:56   #41
BHPian

Sorry guys, it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it. Just got back from India and at work the end-of-quarter is killing me. So, I would have to pass this time around. Have fun guys. And get me a lot of pictures.
Old 27th June 2006, 08:59   #42
BHPian

Alright...!! so far MPower seems to be in still "hopefully". 1day's been caught up with work so dunno if he's gonna make it or not.
Old 10th May 2007, 00:58   #43
BHPian

OK GUYS....ITS TIME TO REVIVE IT AGAIN....F1 is coming up and I'm sure atleast some of you are planning to make it .... 1Day, Ananthkamat, Mpower and lot more from the US of A please respond. We should meet up !!
Old 16th May 2007, 22:14   #44
Team-BHP Support

whereabouts are you planning on setting up a meet - and when?
summer's the best time for a meet because there's a better chance with more holidays. problem is - prices rise during summer!

most of us are scattered throughout the country and it's difficult to arrange a country-wide meet, what with rising air-fare and fuel costs!

why not have everyone list their preferences when it comes to where they'd like to get together - state / city wise, and then we can try and get hold of some common point.

here's my preference in no particular order - tri-state (NY-CT-NJ), MD, DE, D.C., VA, PA, the New England area (MA-NH-RI) - most of these places are easily accessible to me (driving distance).

EDIT: didn't realise you were planning for a F1 meet! lucky for you - how far is the Speedway from you anyways?

Last edited by aah78 : 16th May 2007 at 22:27.
Old 16th May 2007, 23:40   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
whereabouts are you planning on setting up a meet - and when?
...dude I was still thinking F1 coz many people want to go see it. It is a good event to have our meet at, motivating enough for everyone to come to..but even if our USA members want to meet else where thats fine with me. I can drive to OH,MI,WI,IN,IL,PA, NY,ky,MO,KS,VA (trying not to go farther than buffalo,ny)

Quote:
most of us are scattered throughout the country and it's difficult to arrange a country-wide meet, what with rising air-fare and fuel costs!
man that is the biggest hindrance which pisses me off. i know everyone's eagerness but again the expense and driving distances are a problem like u suggested.

Quote:
how far is the Speedway from you anyways?
Its around 45minutes away. If you haven't been to an F1 race before its a must go. Those engines sound amazing, undescribable and those cars are in another world although right in front of you. Makes you feel as if the gravitational force that sucks them to the ground is 10 times the normal. They're glued to the ground man at any speed.

By the way thanks for keeping this thread alive man I really want to us all to meet.

Most Viewed