Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2006, 06:59   #1
BHPian

USA Meet!!?!

Hello US "team" mates

I don't know if the US "Team" members have had a meet yet but what do you guys say, we have a meet this summer just before or immediately after the F1 race in Indy? Should be a good place and time/excuse for all of in the US to come together - meet (I think so - let me know if you guys come up with something else). Since the F1 race is on 2nd July this might sound way too much in advance but that way all of us can plan in advance since we're not as many people (as compared to our "team" members in India) and we're spread all over this huge country because of which we cannot have regional/local meets and we're either working or studying and may or may not be able to synchronise our timings. SO...the F1 race is a good occassion and/or excuse whatever you might call it. The actual race at Indy is on July 2nd. Practice sessions on 30th of june and qualifying on the 1st of July. Please express your views on this gentlemen (and ladies too...if there are any).
Old 16th March 2006, 02:39   #2
BHPian

Hi there blaze. Sounds like a good idea. I am not a big fan of F1 but I hear Indy F1 is altogether a different experience. I'd love to check it out. Normally, I wouldn't spend $200+ on ticket for watching F1. But I would if we can get a good number of us for the meet.
Old 16th March 2006, 03:04   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys,

Sounds really cool... havent yet had the chance to see an F1 race live.... however, i will be in india at that time!!
Hope there are enough members to make this happen... (you should try PMing the USA members with a link to this thread so it gets their attention).

cya
R
Old 17th March 2006, 05:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2]Hi Blaze
How are you doing? I would'nt mind doing Indy this year and meet up with you guys.
I've gone for the 1st four years and missed it for the first time last year (good timing huh?)
Txei, $200 is for the pit view tickets I think. We usually go to the infield which is like 40 bucks. I spend about 5 laps at each corner.
Otherwise you are stuck to one view and it can get boring after a while.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 17th March 2006, 11:28   #5
BHPian

Great
Hey TSX, trust me ,although you're not a big F1 fan, the exhaust note on 20 cars (18000hp) revving at 18krpm , you'll flip brother, fab experience. Hey rehaan, dude i never knew your were in the US in the first place. Too bad you're in india during that time man. Anyway, guys point is its very easy for me to come to Indy coz i live just 40 minutes away. However thats not the reason I chose Indy. I had to give you guys a really good place & (reason to come to THAT or any particular place) for the meet, and the Indy F1 sounded the best. Better than nascar or Indy 500 atleast. This year tickets have gone up by 30$ for each stand. I suggest we get the tickets for the J-Stand asap coz they get exhausted real fast (unless any of you want podium), thats what happened last year and i landed up in the podium. but for good though. Mpower I'm sure u know about the details for all this since you've been here several times.

Mpower -> "infield"?? whats infield bro? the one on the saturday's you mean?

The J-Stand this year is 163$(most expensive race day ticket).J-stand = stands in front of the 1st corner on the track.
Mpower I'm guessing and hoping that you'll drive down (chicago's not that far). TSXei dude, sorry i know its really easy for me to say this but do try to drive down,if you can it'll be great...I've been driving like crazy for the last 3 months since I've bought my first car/s 4000miles in 28 days bro,800miles each weekend... hows that?
anyway PLEASE all US team-members try and make it to Indy F1 and those living in relatively nearby distances plz try and drive down, it'll be awesome...would love to see each one of your cars no matter what they are ! hey rehaan i'll make sure i'll pm every US "team" member about this. Btw is there any way of finding out who's a US member??
"US MEMBERS LOOK AT THIS THREAD PLEASE..."
Warm Regards,
Bhupi/blaze

Hey mod's isn't there anyway this can be seen on the "latest modified threads link"???

Last edited by highwayblaze : 17th March 2006 at 11:36.
Old 17th March 2006, 11:56   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze
Hey mod's isn't there anyway this can be seen on the "latest modified threads link"???
Other than by getting regular posts in this thread, nope!

cya
R
Old 17th March 2006, 12:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Guys, 'vtecdegr8' is in phoenix and i believe 'vivekiny2k' is in texas.
Old 17th March 2006, 13:11   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Guys, 'vtecdegr8' is in phoenix and i believe 'vivekiny2k' is in texas.
Go to The Members List, at the extreme right click "Search Members" > Advanced.
In location, enter "USA". There are 24 members listed as from the US.
(There are more but i guess they havent mentioned USA in their profile, just the city/state they live in etc)

cya
R
Old 17th March 2006, 20:29   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Other than by getting regular posts in this thread, nope!

cya
R
tried doing that last night, doesn't work. Another thread (the all india meet) which was edited before mine, appeared instead of mine which was submitted after that last change on that one. Is it like thread's with sticky's stay up?
Old 17th March 2006, 22:22   #10
BHPian

Blaze, Mpower... I hear you both. I think I can make it. Lets get more people to join us. Rehaan, too bad you'll not be able to join.

Blaze, I live in NJ. It is a pretty long drive from here to IN. Believe me, I prefer driving to flying. But I'll lose a day just for the drive upto IN. So I'll probably be flying. Wow 4000 miles in 28 days does sound crazy man. What car did you get? I've had my car for about 6 months now and I have about 12K miles on her.
Old 17th March 2006, 23:42   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsxei
Blaze, I live in NJ. It is a pretty long drive from here to IN. Believe me, I prefer driving to flying. But I'll lose a day just for the drive upto IN. So I'll probably be flying. Wow 4000 miles in 28 days does sound crazy man.
hey tsx, dude, i know you live in NJ, I read your post about the NJ meet you guys have been planning to do. I've driven to NJ from my place (13hr drive - 900 miles almost), I drove a rented Altima to its limit that night man, trust me, almost killed myself in the hilly,curvy roads in Pennsylvania that night , also learnt that enterprise cars have a 110mph limiter on them !
I agree with you about loosing a day, you'd better start looking for air ticket deals right away since it might be difficult to get a deal. If its too expensive to fly to indy, fly to chicago and we can figure something out about how you'll drive down to indy which is 3 1/2 hrs from Indy.

Quote:
What car did you get?
Right now I have a 2001 Golf GTI VR6, with a 2.8litre narrow-angle v-6, with a 5 speed manual. Check it out on my BHP garage. Actually my other car's a 91 prelude it got vandalised to disablement and I had to buy this used golf then. Prelude still sitting in the parking lot. I've put 7500miles on my GTI since Jan 1st.
Quote:
I've had my car for about 6 months now and I have about 12K miles on her.
the tsx is just fab man...rev-happy, you got a manual trans. or the auto/tiptronic option?
Old 18th March 2006, 00:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

Most of the stands are in the outside of the track. Infield is the grassy area inside the track. There are no seats...you can sit on the lawn and watch. Good thing is that you can move around from corner to corner so that it dosent get boring. You can also see the back straight which has a lot of overtaking. Since the infield is really tight, the cars are going slow and you can really see them otherwise they flash by in the straights.

Last time Kimi's car broke down and he walked right past me back to the pits.

Oh yeah, I'd be coming down with my M_power ed car. .

Last edited by Mpower : 18th March 2006 at 00:34.
Old 18th March 2006, 01:29   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Oh yeah, I'd be coming down with my M_power ed car. .
dude u have an M3/M5 ?? wooww...manual i hope... what is it..??
Old 18th March 2006, 01:59   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
tried doing that last night, doesn't work. Another thread (the all india meet) which was edited before mine, appeared instead of mine which was submitted after that last change on that one. Is it like thread's with sticky's stay up?
Hey highwayblaze,

If you view the forum section, the "sticky" will always be on top (and thats why its called a sticky!)
But most people view posts by clicking "new posts" (on the top bar), in which case the most recently edit post shows up first (whether its a sticky or not).

cya
R
Old 18th March 2006, 02:00   #15
BHPian

Quote:
hey tsx, dude, i know you live in NJ, I read your post about the NJ meet you guys have been planning to do. I've driven to NJ from my place (13hr drive - 900 miles almost), I drove a rented Altima to its limit that night man, trust me, almost killed myself in the hilly,curvy roads in Pennsylvania that night , also learnt that enterprise cars have a 110mph limiter on them !
I agree with you about loosing a day, you'd better start looking for air ticket deals right away since it might be difficult to get a deal. If its too expensive to fly to indy, fly to chicago and we can figure something out about how you'll drive down to indy which is 3 1/2 hrs from Indy.

Right now I have a 2001 Golf GTI VR6, with a 2.8litre narrow-angle v-6, with a 5 speed manual. Check it out on my BHP garage. Actually my other car's a 91 prelude it got vandalised to disablement and I had to buy this used golf then. Prelude still sitting in the parking lot. I've put 7500miles on my GTI since Jan 1st.

the tsx is just fab man...rev-happy, you got a manual trans. or the auto/tiptronic option?
Awsome cars dude. I love both the GTI and Prelude. I got the manual transmission in the TSX. I don't like driving automatics.

Most Viewed