Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2011, 20:02   #1
BHPian

Planning a Ride. Wanna join?

Mods: Please move this post to appropriate place

Guys,I am planning to take my bull for a ride from Bangalore to Kerala through Mysore,Gudallur on 23rd 2ecember.Let me know if anybody have the same plan,so we will ride together.Lets have fun!!
Old 16th December 2011, 20:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Planning a Ride. Wanna join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Mods: Please move this post to appropriate place

Guys,I am planning to take my bull for a ride from Bangalore to Kerala through Mysore,Gudallur on 23rd 2ecember.Let me know if anybody have the same plan,so we will ride together.Lets have fun!!
I was planning to ride the same route on the 24th morning but sadly, it has been put away due to issues with my bike.

Ride safe friend and have a good time!!
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 20:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I was planning to ride the same route on the 24th morning but sadly, it has been put away due to issues with my bike.

Ride safe friend and have a good time!!
Thanks Naveen.Let me know if we can get your bike on road by 23.Where are you put up?
Old 16th December 2011, 23:56   #4
BHPian

Please do check if the Mullaperiyar issue is sorted out before leaving.
Things are really bad in this part of the country and jewellery shops belonging to Keralites have been smashed in Erode.
Old 18th December 2011, 10:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
Please do check if the Mullaperiyar issue is sorted out before leaving.
Things are really bad in this part of the country and jewellery shops belonging to Keralites have been smashed in Erode.
I am not going through that part of TN.This Gudallur is between Mysore and Kerala,near to Bandipur.it look things are ok that part.come on guys,no budy is going home for xmas?
Old 18th December 2011, 13:32   #6
BHPian

I am planning to start on 23rd morning. Yet to decide on the route.

If situation is peaceful near palakkad-coimbatore-pollachi area on 22nd then might take :
Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi-Vadakkancherry-mannuthy-chalakudy route.

Else will be taking Mysore-Gudallur route.
Old 18th December 2011, 21:37   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Mods:

You will be passing through the forest area. It is fun to see many animals on both the sides of the road. But, BE VERY CAREFUL WHILE COMING OUT OF THE VEHICLE. Even group of small monkeys can make your life unpredictable once they see some food items...
Old 19th December 2011, 06:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,I am planning to take my bull for a ride from Bangalore to Kerala
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
But, BE VERY CAREFUL WHILE COMING OUT OF THE VEHICLE. Even group of small monkeys can make your life unpredictable once they see some food items...
Coming out of the vehicle? he is planning riding hence already out , cant be more out then this.

@white-rabbit, have you done this route before on a bike at night. In day time it is fine but passing through forests at night is (1) Not recommended as animals can get disturbed by thumping, (2) Might not be allowed to pass through forest by the officials.

Please check before starting. BTW where are you headed?

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 19th December 2011 at 06:04.
Old 19th December 2011, 11:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Naveen.Let me know if we can get your bike on road by 23.Where are you put up?
Thanks mate but no go - parts are still out of stock at Honda and have cancelled all riding plans. Not riding the Thunderbird.

Good luck with your ride and keep this post updated with pics etc!
Old 19th December 2011, 15:06   #10
BHPian

Sure.Thanks guys.

I have done that route a number of times.I still prefer 'Day run' through forest.I feel it is safe.Not sure about this time.

I am heading for my home.It is in Perinthalmanna,Malappuram district.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denomathew View Post
I am planning to start on 23rd morning. Yet to decide on the route.

If situation is peaceful near palakkad-coimbatore-pollachi area on 22nd then might take :
Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi-Vadakkancherry-mannuthy-chalakudy route.

Else will be taking Mysore-Gudallur route.
Dont risk your safety going through Coimbatore.Last week I had to change my complete plan becouse of that.Let me know if decide for Mysore-Gudallore.You can also save some KM.

I am planning to start by 3pm on 23rd.Roads are good.They are rubberised till Perinthalmanna.I am not sure after that.
Old 19th December 2011, 16:08   #11
BHPian

I am planning a drive from chennai to calicut via mysore and this will be my first trip throguh a forest area. Will be staying overnight at mysore and starting on 24th morning from there. Anyone plans to travel during this time so that we can travel together.

Any suggestions/advice on what to do if we spot a wild animal on road (especially elephant)

Still not decided on the route from gundalpet ie, via Sulatan Bathery or via Gudalur :(
Old 19th December 2011, 20:02   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
I am planning a drive from chennai to calicut via mysore and this will be my first trip throguh a forest area. Will be staying overnight at mysore and starting on 24th morning from there. Anyone plans to travel during this time so that we can travel together.
This is my plan too.Hope we can ride together(atleast from mysore).If I reach Bandipur checkpost after nine,I may also have to stay at Gundalpet.I have done that many time.

Quote:
Any suggestions/advice on what to do if we spot a wild animal on road (especially elephant)
Elephants seems to get more disturbed by Enfield's thumb.If they are at safe distance from road,you can continue your ride.Dont try to stop and take photos.If they are crossing the road or staying on the road,please stop your vehicle at a safe distance.Do not try to make any sudden sounds.Wait until the herd pass.If there are calfs in the herd,be extra cautious.DO NOT GO NEAR THEM.KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE.They charge at a very high speed.I say,RESPECT THE WILD LIFE.

Quote:
Still not decided on the route from gundalpet ie, via Sulatan Bathery or via Gudalur :(
I travelled both ways last week.Gudallore route is rubberized.You will have some minimal gutters in that route.But Thamarechery ghat is totally gone.Very difficult to drive(I came in my car).I will be going through Gudallur.You can folow the NH to calicut if you chose that road.BTW which way you will come to mysore?Any chance of coming through bangalore?Which your ride?
Old 19th December 2011, 20:34   #13
BHPian

Quote:

I travelled both ways last week.Gudallore route is rubberized.You will have some minimal gutters in that route.But Thamarechery ghat is totally gone.Very difficult to drive(I came in my car).I will be going through Gudallur.You can folow the NH to calicut if you chose that road.BTW which way you will come to mysore?Any chance of coming through bangalore?Which your ride?
Sorry for not being clear in my previous post. I will be going by my car and planning to take Chennai -Hosur -NICE Road - Mandya - Mysore. Havent been able to book a room in Mysore, so open to staying at Gundalpet if you have any suggestions for good hotels.

I would prefer Gudalur route but worried about passing through TN/KL border. May be will have to take a call after the strike on 21st called by some political party
Old 19th December 2011, 20:44   #14
BHPian

No Problem.Lot of confusions.

I dont think there is a problem in Gudallore.I will call my relatives who stays at Gudallur and confirm by Wednesday.Will let you know as soon as I get any information.

There are some resorts around Gundalpet check post.There is one near Pug Mark restaurant in Bandipur.It is 1200/- per day .I usually stay there.Rooms will be available round there.I dont exactly remember the Resort's name.it is 70km from mysore and almost 1km near to the check post.

You will enjoy the day break there,for sure.

Last edited by white-rabbit : 19th December 2011 at 20:47.
Old 11th July 2014, 11:59   #15

Want to ride Pune - Goa - Kochi - Bangalore - Pune in August 2014?

I am thinking of doing the above mentioned route on my Bullet. I am looking for company. If anyone is interested kindly reply here. I hope this is the right section to be posting this since it is travelogues.
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks