Yes during May or after 9 47.37%
Naaahh - will chill out on Track days 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2006, 14:18   #1
Team-BHP Support

MMSC Circuit Advanced Driving and Race Instruction

Please continue discussion here

Last edited by ajmat : 16th March 2006 at 14:29.
Old 16th March 2006, 14:35   #2
BHPian

Advanced driving and racing programme

Right guys, we'll talk about discounts later. As of now I have the following idea on my mind and we are going to be dscussing it tonite. Here's a tentative schedule of what we are planning.

There will be theory sessions followed by practical ones. We will have a cl*** room with a board showing a layout of the track. Expereienced racers, some of whom you guys have already met will teach and explain the theory behnd entry, apex and exit. Also we will have the sessions with transponders so that peole can apply theor to the practical part and see if there is an imporvement. At the end of the day the particionats will be asked to put in a cuple of timed laps in the race prepared cars, just to see the difference in timing between their personal cars vs race cars.

Second day will more or less be like the first one. On this day we will have instructors go out with the participamts in their cars in order to fine tune and correct the participants skills. the cars again will be fitted with transponders. At the end of the day the particpant will again be asked to drive in a race prepared esteem in order for us to compare time form the first days race car session.

End of program and time to party.

Please remember that htis program needs to be run over two days. We will organise accomadation near the track for you if necessary. In order for this to work we will need atleast 10 or more people to particpate.

And yes we will have markers etc.

Please send in your comments.

Thanx.
Old 16th March 2006, 14:36   #3
sAP
BHPian

Backstage heroes

Here are the real men who put in the wrench time organizing track days (and the upcoming "circuit training"):

Sawan Gupta (BikerSG), Farhan Vohra (Sideways), JD Madan, Praveen Shroff, Karun Chandok, Poncho, etc. (ref thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/185856-post37.html).

I am only a contributor and participant. Thanks Wolf, anyways. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/191731-post98.html)

sAP
Old 16th March 2006, 15:34   #4
sAP
BHPian

Feedback

Here are a few ideas that crossed my mind:
  • Not all may be able to make it for 2 days. Recommend not to overlap to second day per candidate
  • Some of us may not want to drive our own cars. Try and keep that optional. Say, a candidate can choose to drive his own car or a race esteem on items 1-3 on the schedule
An example schedule can be:
  1. Driving technique briefing
  2. Familiarization lap by instructor (with candidate as co-driver)
  3. Four laps by candidate (with instructor as co-driver)
  4. Four laps by candidate on single seater LGB/ FISSME
  5. Debrief, driver a55essment and certificate presentation
Advantages:
With such a schedule, turnaround time can probably be estimated at 4 hours per training cycle. If that works, 4 groups can be trained in two days. Group size can probably be 4 or based on available instructors and hardware.

sAP
Old 16th March 2006, 15:49   #5
BHPian

Soorej,

Thanx for your inputs. But we have learnt from the past that cramming in everything on one day gets you no where. Alo we will not be offering the LGB/FIssme for training. these are rear whell drive cars and technique is different. Therefore we will not want to confuse the participant.

If we offer to rent esteems out instead of yo guys wanting to drive yor own cars then costs will shoot thru the sky.

Agin guys this is not going to be a competition. This is an oppurtunity for you to learn the lines and techniques involved. You don;t have to push your cars. that is why we will give all a go on the race prepared cars at the end of the day.

Driving slowly around the track does not necessarily mean that you are following the right lines. This is the issue we want to target. Claning up your lines and technique.

Last edited by Sideways : 16th March 2006 at 15:51.
Old 16th March 2006, 16:05   #6
sAP
BHPian

Thanks

Sideways, I am sure you must have considered my recommendations from several perspectives and put them up against your experience in organizing. I can respect that.

sAP
Old 17th March 2006, 16:13   #7
BHPian

We are working on it. As of last nights discussion we might schedule this some time in April or may.
Old 17th March 2006, 16:28   #8
Team-BHP Support

Guy's - lets help Sideways plan numbers and when -please post queries and not "I'm in " stuff and use the polling options. I will delete the "yes, count me in " type threads later today so that this thread focusses on queries, feedback on the course content
Old 17th March 2006, 17:25   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Guy's - lets help Sideways plan numbers and when -please post queries and not "I'm in " stuff and use the polling options. I will delete the "yes, count me in " type threads later today so that this thread focusses on queries, feedback on the course content
Thanx for that Ajit. Guys, please understand that this is serious stuff. I would like you guys to ask as many questions you can come up with. I mean no offence to anyone. But we will need to select people who we think are really serious.

Please understand, unlike track days which are more fun, this is going to be like going back to school. We will have professional race drivers who will be taking time out to come and train you all. Therefore it's going to be a lot of hard work and dedication.

Look forward to your questions and more.
Old 17th March 2006, 18:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well thanks a ton for a chance for some serious technical driving training, have been on the lookout for a course along these lines for a long time now.

However as per your last post what are the key criteria that you require for some one to enrol and any other basic requirements that need to be fulfilled in order to be a part of this program.
Old 17th March 2006, 18:48   #11
BHPian

Keshav, I think you have misunderstood. We are not going to restrict anyone from particpating. The only thing you all need to remember is that you will need to follow what the instructors tell you. For eg. On track days we shout ourselves hoarse giving you basic instructions. all of you nod your head at the briefing but when you go out it's a free for all. This is what we don't want happening.

Otherwise we will accept any size and shape whether human or alien.
Old 17th March 2006, 19:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
Otherwise we will accept any size and shape whether human or alien.
Wonder what they drive!!!

Farhaan, will this training programme be restricted to those over 18?
Old 17th March 2006, 19:03   #13
BHPian

haven't made a call on that as yet. But most probably yes.
Old 17th March 2006, 19:11   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Farhan it would also be nice if u guys could arrange for some participation cerificates and the kind u know .. As for most part of the track days and the future events that u guys are planning i/we will have to miss our college and get there .. So the coll guys might ask proof of our participation ..

Also it will help showing to others that we have just attended a training programme such as this .. Apart from track racing could we have the experts give us some knowledge about drag racing too ?? Becuase the drag scene certainly seems to have picked up of lately with all the new rules with the prostock class and all .. And it sure will help us in our endeavours ..
Old 17th March 2006, 23:33   #15
BHPian

Good suggestions Rahul,

We will defineately be incorporating the certificate idea. About drag racing, I think we will have to learn from guys like you. Anyway will pass on your request.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks