Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 19:46   #556
BHPian

re: Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Today's highlight was Paneer, it was simply awesome.

Funny man Silverwood.

I guess most of us ate so much of tandoori chicken that we did not really care for other dishes. The chicken tikka chawal (though there wasn't much chicken tikka in that) was tasty too. So was the punjabi chicken. Mutton Rogan Josh was slightly on the sweeter side, IMO

It was nice meeting more Tbhpians. The meet rocked.

@ CtrlAltDel - Mate, I was sitting right next to you and there is not one pic of mine?
Old 13th June 2012, 20:33   #557
BHPian

Dream to meet yet again

Preface:

Thanks to Mods for letting me be a part of Team BHP.

Thanks to the organizers of the meet to have provided me an opportunity to meet Team BHPians.

Thanks to all BHPians for giving me a chance to know you guys.

Thanks to Krishna for having us and providing us such a great meal.

Thanks to the staff of Hadippa for serving us with patience.

I've met too many BHPians today and couldn't memorize all the names. I apologize if I have got your names wrong in the post.

Chapter 1: The call

My mobile started ringing loudly at 10:49 AM. My workplace is quiet I got stared by a dozen software engineers. I saw the screen had "Bajaj saab" flashing on it. We had a call yesterday and decided to carpool to the venue. I quickly got up and walked towards the elevators. Since there are too many people working around, I do not take calls sitting at my desk. The call was to inform that we would be starting 15 minutes early than the decided time.

Chapter 2: The walk to the pick up point

I wanted to make sure I do not make Mr.Bajaj or saikatmandal04 wait for me. I reached the pick up point, Whitehouse gate, at 11:50 AM.

I was browsing on my mobile while keeping a lookout for a car with Team BHP stickers all around it (that was the secrete code). I was looking at my profile in Team BHP (iPhone App) and throughly enjoying the change of Membership level from "Newbie" to "BHPian".

I was preparing myself for the meet. There were questions running in my mind. How would they greet? Will this be a formal meet? Will they say "Hi Xydon, how much do you know about the Internal Combustion Engine?"? or will they say "Simple question, name all the parts in the car". I was prepared to say that the car has a steering, tires, engine, HU, speakers, seats, AC, doors etc and I thought I better note them down before I forget.

Chapter 3: Voice of God?

I heard an enthusiastic voice calling my name out loud. I looked around and my mind started flooding with thoughts. "Is it god? I thought I would live here for 50 years; is my business in this world ended? I just became a Team BHPinan and got the access to PM people. I didn't send a single PM yet", "I've just memorized the parts of car!!". My thoughts broke when I heard the voice calling my name again. I looked around and it was our own Mr.Bajaj waving at me from the other side of the road with a smile as broad as possible. I gave a sigh of relief and crossed the road with utmost care.

Hopped into Mr.Bajaj's car and we greeted each other. Fresh smell of a new car hit my Olfactory receptors! We picked up saikatmandal04 from his office near Varun motors, Begumpet and started our ~ 25 KM drive. Journey feels short if we are traveling with a friend and I was traveling with 2.

Chapter 4: Anxious Xydon
We were the first to reach and were welcomed by, I guess the owner of the resto. We went in and started checking out the dishes.

People started pouring in. I was enthusiastically waiting to meet all BHPians. But I wanted to meet three guys in particular. Mr.Bajaj (we spoke over phone and he taught me the DO's and Dont's and I felt really good), Avi (My dear friend and mentor who taught me how to control the flow of "emotions" (also called smileys) in the posts), and my one and only dear buddy Nikhil (you rock bro).

I met Rajesh Rawal. It was a surprise to know that we already met and he is my wifey's colleague. Rajesh, careful. Do not let out our secretes; Team BHP drive meet for me could be an Over Time at office for my wifey .

I met the Vespa/FIAT king Mr.hillram. All he spoke about was FIATS, FIATS and ya I forgot, FIATS. I would love to hear more about the Fiats from you Mr.hillram. Tough I was not participating, I was keenly listening to your discussions.

During the discussions, before the lunch started, I saw this guy with a blue shirt. I introduced myself to him as Hemanth and he said "Hi" and didn't introduce himself. I was waiting for Avi and Nikki. I saw Nikki's profile pic so I could recognize him from the first look. The food lover and most active member on A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad thread. I didn't want to bother him as he was busy with the arrangements.

Chapter 5: Infractions- The lessons learnt

I turned to Fordmanchau and pointed the blue shirt guy and asked who he was. Fordmanchau quickly answered back saying "He is Mobike008". So here he was, the guy who gave me a very warm welcome to Team BHP, the guy who warned me about the rules and also the same guy who gave me infractions for using excessive smilies.

I reintroduced myself to Mobike008 as Xydon and in the next PICO second, there was a smile on his face and the next dialogue was "We need to talk!". I knew it was about the infractions. We talked. I loved the way he explained things with firm voice. No doubt he is chosen as a moderator. It was a brief discussion and I'm looking forward to talk to you more Avi bhai!

Chapter 6: My dear buddy

While I was getting bashed by Avi, the one guy who had a smile on his face was my dear buddy Nikki. He was calling his neighboring BHPians and showing what was happening. I was already famous for my lengthy posts and early Infractions! Did I need so much attention in the very first meet?

Chapter 7: Unity in diversity- BHPians

Like most of us, I was in hadippa not for the food but for my first Team BHP meet. Initially, though I was exited, I had a little out of place feel within. I knew that everyone there had one common interest and that was "ANYTHING THAT HAS AN ENGINE". Having said that, there were people with varied knowledge levels; right from someone like and not limited to, Avi/Wasim/Mr.Bajaj/Ram (hillram)/Sparsh/Shyamal/norules/ctrlalt, to someone as naive as me. I was here to listen to people rather than talk and I enjoyed it the most.

Chapter 7: Quick Talk

After lunch, while Nikki was still busy settling the bill, we were standing outside the resto and discussing about r4raghav's 125 KM per day drive to work in his Ritz. Then arrived the last person who didn't have time to meet the newbie, traveloholic AKA Nikhil. While we were still greeting each other yet again, he jumped into the elevator before someone could force him to get down the stairs!

Chapter 7: Blue beauty

While we were still waving bye to each other, my eyes couldn't stop staring at Neilguy's car. Just like his handle, the beauty was "blue" with I guess 205/55/R15's (Correct me if I'm wrong), a fantabulous spoiler. I couldn't get a chance to see the other mods or the ICE. But still, awesome. Surely a head turner.

Chapter 7: Journey with dreams continue

Waving good bye to all BHPians, we started our journey back to office. Mr.Bajaj kindly dropped me at the drop point and I, whole heartedly and proudly said, "Nice meeting all fellow BHPians".

With a fully loaded stomach and dreams to have a drive meet soon, we all departed to meet yet again.

P.S: Avi bhai, did you observe? I used only 2 smilies in the entire post. I'm a law abiding member.
Old 13th June 2012, 20:51   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xydon View Post
Dream to meet yet again
LOL, Hemanth, your chapters are never-ending mate!!
I am sure today you must have learnt how to express you emotions in words and not in smileys.
But don't stop those flow of emotions. It's fun to read your chapters.
Old 13th June 2012, 21:04   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau
LOL, Hemanth, your chapters are never-ending mate!!
I am sure today you must have learnt how to express you emotions in words and not in smileys.
But don't stop those flow of emotions. It's fun to read your chapters.
Thanks buddy. I'm planning to start a thread named 'Xydon's Emotions without smilies' . As you correctly said, it would be a never ending thread.
Old 13th June 2012, 22:39   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dream to meet yet again
Welcome to the Team BHP Hemanth.The more meets you join the more you will enjoy this company and warmth.It was nice meeting you.Till next time.
Old 14th June 2012, 10:08   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It was a fabulous meet with a record attendance of 33 TBHPians (I think that was the final count).
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Great Meet today at Hadippa.record turn out and some great food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I'll add myself to the list of people praising the meet. This meet was by far the largest lunch meet( ever ?). There was record 33 people who attended, and best thing was that whoever confirmed , turned up for the meet.
The final head count stood at 33 people, that's a record of sorts in itself. The attendance was 100% and I am loving it. Looks like Midweek Lunch Meet would ensure 100% participation. Kudos to everyone for making this meet a grand success.

Quote:
Service was quite slow also the dishes were not replinished quickly but, then we can forgive them for the excellent few dishes that they served us and opportunity to meet all BHPian's under one roof.
I deliberately make a mistake, so that I learn something from it. I got an opportunity to learn a new thing with regards to organizing a lunch event. I did a retrospective of the whole thing yesteray and came to a conclusion that I should have suggested him to lineup 4 servings of the starters at a time and then start serving it. This way, everyone would be served. Mistake here was, the starters were served as soon as they were handed out of the kitchen. Instead of that, I should have asked them to lineup 4 servings and serve everyone at a time.

Quote:
Totally loved the lunch outing and we should do something similar again next month.
Do you want me to knock myself out of the senses again and start planning for the next "Mega Monsoon Midweek Lunch Meet"? Foodie at work again. Plans would be shared in the last week of June.

Quote:
Nice to have meet the newbies for the first time and finally, a big thanks to foodiemaster Traveloholic for arranging this impeccable lunch meet which was a harmony of awesome food along with company of fellow BHPians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Thanks to Nikhil (Traveloholic) for taking pains to arrange the food and the place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
It was an amazing meet. The Tandoori chicken was absolutely YUM. Thank You Nikhil for managing the crowd very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Great time spent with the fellow bhpians. Big thanks to Traveloholic for the arrangements.
Quote:
And also keep us in good spirits while waiting for the starters.Hats off to you Nikhil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Special thanks to Traveloholic for making the arrangements and making that extra effort to get things right. Great effort man!
Thanks a lot everyone for being a part of this Mega Event. A big shout out to you guys too for being a part of this.

Quote:
@Traveloholi : for taking the lead and organising such a lovely meet. And for the pains you took to negotiate and include special dishes for the lunch meet.
Manish, It's Traveloholic Dude . Special mention of Bajaj Saab, Avi & Neel is much needed here. Without their undue support, I would not have arranged this. I used to bother Bajaj Saab late in the night to ask for his inputs on few things. Neel and Avi as usual were bothered on Emails, WhatsApp, Chai Badi'ts Meets and etc.

Quote:
All those people clicked pics , please share it all quickly with us.
I guess HillRam has loads of pics to share here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Service was ultra slow, and even more painful when you got someone like Silverwood sitting opposite to you murdering an already dead bird while you are still waiting for your food.
SilverWood was giving the already dead bird a respite from the viscous circle of Re-Birth. He was freeing it from all the sins. SilverWood is the only Vegetarian Chicken Eater in our group.

Quote:
Thanks to the organizers of the meet to have provided me an opportunity to meet Team BHPians.
You should congratulate yourself first for making it to the meet.

Quote:
my one and only dear buddy Nikhil (you rock bro).
My emotions are overflowing now. I am about to cry *sob* *sob*

Quote:
I saw Nikki's profile pic so I could recognize him from the first look. The food lover and most active member on A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad thread. I didn't want to bother him as he was busy with the arrangements.
Thanks for recognizing me from my Profile Pic. I know, I still look the same as I was in the profile pic, except that I've turned a bit more 3D now.

Quote:
Chapter 6: My dear buddy
While I was getting bashed by Avi, the one guy who had a smile on his face was my dear buddy Nikki. He was calling his neighboring BHPians and showing what was happening. I was already famous for my lengthy posts and early Infractions! Did I need so much attention in the very first meet?
I was briefing them about your Infractious Session with Avi. As a newbie, getting an infraction in the first 2 days was never heard of. It's like a Medal you can always wear on your sleeve and showoff that I was infracted. Jokes apart, I knew what was being discussed there and nothing more was discussed between us.

Quote:
Chapter 7: Quick Talk
After lunch, while Nikki was still busy settling the bill....... Then arrived the last person who didn't have time to meet the newbie, traveloholic AKA Nikhil.
I have time for everything & everyone in this world dude! We got a long way to go. You know how it was and by the time I came out, you guys were done with the Most Important Ritual & I missed it. There is always a next time and who knows, it could be sometime soon.

Quote:
While we were still greeting each other yet again, he jumped into the elevator before someone could force him to get down the stairs!
I apologize for jumping into the elevator as I recently got operated on my knee and am not supposed to climb steps. I did climb the steps while coming to Hadippa as there was some maintenance work going on and I was still reeling under the pain.
Old 14th June 2012, 11:29   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I was briefing them about your Infractious Session with Avi. As a newbie, getting an infraction in the first 2 days was never heard of. It's like a Medal you can always wear on your sleeve and showoff that I was infracted. Jokes apart, I knew what was being discussed there and nothing more was discussed between us.
Buddy, I was joking! I'm happy I was honored with an infraction medal. Only this time, I'm not expecting any more of 'em.

Quote:
I apologize for jumping into the elevator as I recently got operated on my knee and am not supposed to climb steps. I did climb the steps while coming to Hadippa as there was some maintenance work going on and I was still reeling under the pain.
Chill. I was kidding. I thought of joining you but with our 3D figures, I didn't want the elevator to give up on us .
Old 14th June 2012, 11:30   #563
BHPian

It was a great mid week meet on Wednesday, and the camaraderie, the food and the record turnout made it a meet to remember.

Quote:
Chapter 7: Blue beauty
While we were still waving bye to each other, my eyes couldn't stop staring at Neilguy's car. Just like his handle, the beauty was "blue" with I guess 205/55/R15's (Correct me if I'm wrong), a fantabulous spoiler. I couldn't get a chance to see the other mods or the ICE. But still, awesome. Surely a head turner.
Thank you for the kind words about my ride Xydon. It was great to meet you too and hope to see you again soon, along with your ride.
Sorry to disappoint you about my car's mods but everything on the car is STOCK and I have not done any mods to the car. Only the tyres have been replaced recently (with S-Drive instead of NCT5), but the size 195/55/R15 is stock. All these "mods" that you talk of (including 15" alloys, spoiler, skirts, scruff plates, stiffer suspension, darker upholstery, race type pedals) come as standard on the Fiesta 1.6S.
Old 14th June 2012, 11:51   #564
Senior - BHPian

Looks like an excellent time well spent.Congrats on doing it to all.

OT:Have the interiors and seats(chairs)been changed at Hadippa?The old low chairs arent there anymore?
Old 14th June 2012, 12:02   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
OT:Have the interiors and seats(chairs)been changed at Hadippa?The old low chairs arent there anymore?
Ranjit, this was at their new extension on 2nd Floor at "The Urban Dhaba". The seating has been changed for sure. They have still maintained the Rustic Dhaba Feel at Hadippa.
Old 14th June 2012, 13:14   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dream to meet yet again

Chapter 4: Anxious Xydon
We were the first to reach and were welcomed by, I guess the owner of the resto. We went in and started checking out the dishes.

People started pouring in. I was enthusiastically waiting to meet all BHPians. But I wanted to meet three guys in particular. Mr.Bajaj (we spoke over phone and he taught me the DO's and Dont's and I felt really good), Avi (My dear friend and mentor who taught me how to control the flow of "emotions" (also called smileys) in the posts), and my one and only dear buddy Nikhil (you rock bro).
Xydon, I must compliment you for your unique style of writing which is infused with witty comments that will surely make most people smile if not

It was fun to meet you as well and thank you for the compliment/s.

Quote:
P.S: Avi bhai, did you observe? I used only 2 smilies in the entire post. I'm a law abiding member.
Actually i did which in recent past was becoming a habit when i see our post but, then rules arent just for smiley's so beware i may still catch you off-guard

Quote:
Do you want me to knock myself out of the senses again and start planning for the next "Mega Monsoon Midweek Lunch Meet"? Foodie at work again. Plans would be shared in the last week of June.
What happened to our set routine of one drive meet and one lunch meet in a month? I think its time to resume the same.

Having said that, I propose a drive meet on July 1st (Sunday)

Like we did last time, we drive on ORR and then stop at IceSpice at on Vikarabad for lunch in that nice lawn overlooking the swimming pool?

What say guys?
Old 14th June 2012, 13:31   #567
BHPian

Quote:
What happened to our set routine of one drive meet and one lunch meet in a month? I think its time to resume the same.

Like we did last time, we drive on ORR and then stop at IceSpice at on Vikarabad for lunch in that nice lawn overlooking the swimming pool?

What say guys?
I'm game for drive meet! I suggest immediate edit of subject for the same
Old 14th June 2012, 13:33   #568
BHPian

Quote:

What say guys?
I am game !!
Old 14th June 2012, 14:11   #569
BHPian

Quote:

What say guys?
mobike008, where is this place IceSpice ? Is it in Vikarabad or before it ? I am also planning a Family & Friends meet probably next weekend, need inputs.
Old 14th June 2012, 14:27   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
mobike008, where is this place IceSpice ? Is it in Vikarabad or before it ? I am also planning a Family & Friends meet probably next weekend, need inputs.
Sorry its called ButtonEyes and its well before Vikarabad. Its a small resort and has a nice lawn and swimming pool and they serve excellent home cooked type meal ( which has to be informed in advance) but, may not be entirely suitable for a family outing as there is nothing much to do. This is about 45kms away from hyderabad

If you plan to go for a day trip, I would recommend the Ranch better which is owned by a fellow tbpian's family members and we did a drive meet there too in recent past. This is about 60kms away from Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby-069 View Post
I'm game for drive meet! I suggest immediate edit of subject for the same
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
I am game !!
Nice to see the confirmations flow in. I am adding some names who i am sure would not like to miss a drive meet. Guys, come on add your names and make it a MEGA DRIVE MEET

What : TBHP Drive Meet
When : Sunday, July 1st, 2012
Where : ORR+ Vikarabad Dhaba/Resort
Meeting Point : TBD

Confirmed List :
1. Mobike008
2. Sabby-069
3. Fiest@ Duratec
4. Neilguy
5. Ravveendrra
6. Norules

P.S: Please copy above, add your name and paste it back. Please add your name ONLY if your 100% confirmed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed