Bidar Fort/Gurudwara (125kms from Hyderabad) 8 42.11%
Nizambad ( 170kms from Hyderabad) 13 68.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2012, 14:32   #796
BHPian

re: Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012

Wow! That sounds like "The Great Haleem Journey". If I make it to the journey, it will be my first meeting with fellow BHPians. I hope no last minute surprise spoils this. May not be able to rate the taste of Haleem, my taste buds are dead! Thanks to the flu.

How do we actually do this? Everybody drives his own car or we park the rest and go in couple of cars based on the number of people meeting. The traffic in the old city is really gonna be at the highest given the last week of Ramzan.

As of now, I am in.
Old 16th August 2012, 15:25   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I will be joining from Sarvi (Mehdipatnam) or Shahghouse (Toli Chowki), based on which Sarvi you guys are planning to hit.
Paradise Secunderabad is the starting point? I will not be able to join there and frankly I am not at all interested in eating anything from Paradise.

I will join you folks at Sarvi - Mehdipatnam.
Old 16th August 2012, 15:56   #798
Distinguished - BHPian

Farukh, Welcome to your first meet. I would recommed you come on a 2-wheeler as driving a car around in the bustling night traffic would be a major hindrance.

I am suggesting Paradise, Pista House is because we never tasted them and it would be criminal not to taste atleast once. We can share 1 bowl/3 people but, taste is what we should be doing for sure.

Therefore, urge folks lets start our journey from Paradise and keep moving about till we "taste" all major folks in one night

P.S: I will have a suprise in store for you folks. It's LOUD and makes a lot of RACKET

Take a guess?
Old 16th August 2012, 16:02   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I would recommed you come on a 2-wheeler as driving a car around in the bustling night traffic would be a major hindrance.It's LOUD and makes a lot of RACKET
Who is riding pillion with you? May I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
What is the tentative finish time at the last point? And most importantly will the timings be followed as SHARP or HST ?
Since we have a lot of ground to cover, we need to remain on IST. Join in and leave midway when your time runs out. Would be nice to catch up with you!

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 16th August 2012 at 16:05.
Old 16th August 2012, 16:44   #800
BHPian

Quote:
I am suggesting Paradise, Pista House is because we never tasted them and it would be criminal not to taste atleast once.
I agree about the 'tasting a bit' part but starting from Secunderabad will be difficult.
Quote:
Therefore, urge folks lets start our journey from Paradise and keep moving about till we "taste" all major folks in one night
Err. Carnivorous is fine but cannibalism?
Old 16th August 2012, 17:16   #801
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Who is riding pillion with you? May I?
Your welcome to take the pillion seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
I agree about the 'tasting a bit' part but starting from Secunderabad will be difficult.
I am ok either ways. Start from old city and return to new city or vice-versa. Whats important is i will most probably having my last haleem tomorrow. So want to cover PH and Paradise too as heard some good reviews of Paradise. Want to confirm if its just non-locals wrongly praising Paradise
Old 16th August 2012, 17:51   #802
BHPian

Sadly, I have been hitting the haleem non-stop these last few weeks and while the company is more than inviting, am thinking of giving this one a skip. I don't have a two-wheeler and its going to be a major pain looking for parking as the ride goes on, methinks with you guys sharing a bowl 1/3, you guys should be getting done just as I find parking and enter!

As a long shot however, let me speak to the CL500 dost and see if I can sponge the bike of him and if I can I guess I'll hop in, keeping you guys company!

However, by nature I like long lunches/dinners (and in some cases, breakfast) over car conversation and I do realise I'm going off-topic, but when can we do a nice lunch meet again?

On another note, was really nice bumping into some of you yesterday at the DHAA show, wish we could have spent more time chatting.
Old 16th August 2012, 19:56   #803
BHPian

Everyone,

Are we actually covering 6 restaurants in one night ? Im looking forward to Shadab; never been there. Can we move Shadab to the beginning/earlier half of the list ? So that I can slip away quietly into the night after that
Old 17th August 2012, 07:51   #804
BHPian

Sorry for the back to back postings.

Two of my colleagues will also be tagging along with me. None of us has a bike, so we have to rely on my car itself. To make matters worse, we are not too good with directions and places in Hyderabad.

We shall join in from Sarvi, Mehdipatanam at 9'sh. I hope I manage to see you all there.

What : Season12's Last Haleem Meet
When : Friday, 17-Aug-2012
Itinerary : Paradise (Secunderabad) -> Sarvi (Mehdipatnam) -> Shahghouse (Toli Chowki) -> Pista House (Toli Chowki) -> Bahar (Basheer Bagh) -> Shadab (Madina)
Assembly Point : Paradise Hotel
Assembly Timing : 8:30pm at first meeting point

Confirmed List :
1. Autotranny + 2
2. Hyd_traveller
3. Mobike008
4. Traveloholic
5. Fleetmaster
6. Shyamal
7. Norules
Old 17th August 2012, 10:50   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
We shall join in from Sarvi, Mehdipatanam at 9'sh. I hope I manage to see you all there.
Hi Ajay, the total route is doable by car (preferably a small hatch). Shadab has to be the last as there will be a waiting time of around 30 min to one hour to find a table unless we just halt, eat haleem and move on without going to the first floor restaurant. Just sent you a message on FB with my mobile number!

Avinash, I will meet you at Boat Club (Hyderabad and not Secunderabad near Lumbini Park) and we can go to Paradise together. Will ping you later to know the exact time I need to be there. Looks like it is just you, me and Shyamal at Paradise while others will join us at Sarvi.

What : Season12's Last Haleem Meet
When : Friday, 17-Aug-2012
Itinerary : Paradise (Secunderabad) -> Sarvi (Mehdipatnam) -> Shahghouse (Toli Chowki) -> Pista House (Toli Chowki) -> Bahar (Basheer Bagh) -> Shadab (Madina)
Assembly Point & Timing : Paradise @ 8:30 & Sarvi at 9:00

Confirmed List :
1. Autotranny + 2
2. Hyd_traveller
3. Mobike008
4. Traveloholic
5. Fleetmaster
6. Shyamal
7. Norules
Old 17th August 2012, 11:30   #806
BHPian

Damn....of all the days available in the year, my stomach had to choose yesterday to go kaput.

I was looking fwd to the haleem meet but if I attend in my current state I have run around looking for a loo after every spoonful...

Missing the dahi wadas too this year :-(
Old 17th August 2012, 12:19   #807
Senior - BHPian

Since I haven't done Paradise and Zam Zam Bakery this season as yet, will try to be there.

Cheers
Old 17th August 2012, 12:35   #808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
930pm is when we should be reaching Sarvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_AmbyMad View Post
However, by nature I like long lunches/dinners (and in some cases, breakfast) over car conversation and I do realise I'm going off-topic, but when can we do a nice lunch meet again?
Me too. However, I prefer long dinners over lunches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_AmbyMad View Post
On another note, was really nice bumping into some of you yesterday at the DHAA show, wish we could have spent more time chatting.
Yeah,nice to meet you there. Liked your Amby. Really spic and span. Would like to TD it one of these days.

Quote:
Are we actually covering 6 restaurants in one night ? Im looking forward to Shadab; never been there. Can we move Shadab to the beginning/earlier half of the list ? So that I can slip away quietly into the night after that
6 Restuarants in a night is not a big issue. We had done it before and hope to break that record tonight

Normally, we share 1 bowl by two or three people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Since I haven't done Paradise and Zam Zam Bakery this season as yet, will try to be there.
Zam Zam? Do you feel like inflicting yourself tonight?

Alright Fellas, I will try to be at Paradise at 830pm. But, dont count on me to be sharp on time...lol !!!
Old 17th August 2012, 12:41   #809
BHPian

Quote:
930pm is when we should be reaching Sarvi
If someone is not coming to Paradise then 9.30 IST it is at Sarvi, right.

Avi, please gimme a call when you people start from Paradise to Sarvi. Will I be able to find parking there? Or should I come on my Access?
Old 17th August 2012, 12:46   #810
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Avi, please gimme a call when you people start from Paradise to Sarvi. Will I be able to find parking there? Or should I come on my Access?
Please dont get your car unless you want some grief as side-dish to your haleem

Will call you before heading out of Paradise.

You can be helmeted, booted and with your thumb hovering over the start switch of your Access which can be pressed after you end my call
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks