Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2012, 10:42   #841
BHPian

re: Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
The farm is adjacent to Madanapalle village, 10 kms from Nizamabad. If it does not rain heavily, we do not have to go into Nizamabad town. Just 6-7 kms from Dichpally towards Armoor on the highway we need to take a left and the kachcha road leads to the farm. Only problem is if it rains heavily, the last 1/2 km becomes slushy and driving will be a problem. We then have to cross Nizamabad and come from Manikbhandar side to get there.

Infact I am praying it does not rain for atleast couple of days before 16th.

I did not see Ravvs name in the confirmed list. Ravvs, this is your kind of food. You have to come.
How can we miss the awesome menu you will have for all why is it not coming up for discussion here?
Old 6th September 2012, 10:46   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
How can we miss the awesome menu you will have for all why is it not coming up for discussion here?
Hahaha

The menu will obviously feature the famous Ankapoor desi chicken. Mutton delicacies and fish will be there and if we are lucky (The water is released @ Kadem reservoir, hence getting prawns is difficult) then fresh tiger prawns as well.

Once we have the final tally will speak to my cousin and arrange for everything.
Old 7th September 2012, 11:28   #843
BHPian

What : September 2012 Drive Meet

When : Sunday, Sep 16th, 2012

Destination : NoRules' Cousin's Farm near Nizamabad (the farm is adjacent to Madanapalle village, around 10 kms after Nizamabad. If it does not rain, we do not have to go via Nizamabad town and we continue on NH44/NH7 around 6-7 kms after Dichpally towards Armoor from where we take a left onto a kachcha road which leads to the farm. However, if it rains heavily, the last 1/2 km of the kachcha road becomes slushy and then in such case, we have to cross Nizamabad and enter from Manikbhandar side to get to the farm. Note that there is no farm house, just a farm where we will pitch a tent)

Lunch (Food) : Famous Ankapoor Desi Chicken, Naatu Kodi Curry, Mutton, Fish, Boti / Liver kind of snacks, Bagara Rice, other T delicacies, and if we are lucky, then fresh Tiger Prawns as well, among many other dishes.

Assembly Point :
A) In front of Pakwaan Restaurant just before Tadbund Junction opposite Bar One : 08:00am sharp
B) Just after Suchitra Junction opposite M&M & VW Workshops : 08:15am sharp
C) Toopran Toll Booth (just after crossing & paying the toll) : 09:00am sharp
Assembly Point Locations on Map : https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...h&mra=mru&z=13
D) Junction of NH44 & Nizamabad Road (after railway level crossing & below flyover) at Dichpally : 11:30am sharp

Confirmed Names :
01. Mobike008
02. Octane78
03. NeilGuy
04. NoRules
05. CtrAltDel + 2
06. ArcotSrinivas
07. Hyd_Traveller
08. A4Anurag + Jayded
09. G_AmbyMad
10. Farukh
11. SrikanthPotluri

All those interested to join, please add your name and repost.

Note : NoRules & Mobike008, please edit and fine tune.
Old 7th September 2012, 11:47   #844
BHPian

SrikanthPotluri will be bringing his friend Avinash along. He is Nizamabad guy.
Old 11th September 2012, 17:26   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I think we should lock on to Nizambad for this drive for 2 reasons :-
Avi, my FIL was in town today and I was discussing the arrangements with him. He is planning to bring a very good cook from Nirmal and also arrange for prawns, fish, naatu kodi etc but when he asked me how many people would be coming, I was not sure what answer to give.

I am surprised at the lack of enthusiasm and this is dampening my enthu as well. It is going to take lot of effort from my cousin and FIL to make this a success and I initially projected a big number of attendees :-(

Meri ijjat ka sawaal hai.
Old 11th September 2012, 17:34   #846
BANNED

Correct Ravi Anna!

No response from the rest guys. Dull one.

Come on guys!
Old 11th September 2012, 17:54   #847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Avi, my FIL was in town today and I was discussing the arrangements with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
No response from the rest guys. Dull one.
Yeah, it's kind of disappointing that the already scarce driving enthusiasts population is decreasing even more.

I have a gut feeling everyone is doing math of how much that lost distance trip would cost and not joining up. Come on guys, we dont do such long distance drive so often. It's usually once a year. Like we do Nagarjunsagar once a year.

By Thursday if we dont get encouraging responses then its best to move to a shorter distance like Shamirpet for a drive then lunch in Rajinder Dhaba

If that also doesnt get any takers. It's best to chuck the whole idea
Old 11th September 2012, 18:02   #848
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah, it's kind of disappointing that the already scarce driving enthusiasts population is decreasing even more.

I have a gut feeling everyone is doing math of how much that lost distance trip would cost and not joining up. Come on guys, we dont do such long distance drive so often. It's usually once a year. Like we do Nagarjunsagar once a year.

By Thursday if we dont get encouraging responses then its best to move to a shorter distance like Shamirpet for a drive then lunch in Rajinder Dhaba

Most of us are driving a diesel so the costs must not be too high

If costs be the problem the every car has 4 seats we can car pool and do it. costs are not that important as such long distances are not done frequent.

ORR drives are monotonous and boring as only the powerful buddies enjoy and the rest lug behind

Lets see what time has got in for us.

Come on Hyderabad members get that count chart on fire.
Old 11th September 2012, 18:04   #849
Senior - BHPian

Destination : NoRules' Cousin's Farm near Nizamabad (the farm is adjacent to Madanapalle village, around 10 kms after Nizamabad. If it does not rain, we do not have to go via Nizamabad town and we continue on NH44/NH7 around 6-7 kms after Dichpally towards Armoor from where we take a left onto a kachcha road which leads to the farm. However, if it rains heavily, the last 1/2 km of the kachcha road becomes slushy and then in such case, we have to cross Nizamabad and enter from Manikbhandar side to get to the farm. Note that there is no farm house, just a farm where we will pitch a tent)

Lunch (Food) : Famous Ankapoor Desi Chicken, Naatu Kodi Curry, Mutton, Fish, Boti / Liver kind of snacks, Bagara Rice, other T delicacies, and if we are lucky, then fresh Tiger Prawns as well, among many other dishes.

Assembly Point :
A) In front of Pakwaan Restaurant just before Tadbund Junction opposite Bar One : 08:00am sharp
Assembly Point Locations on Map : https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...h&mra=mru&z=13
D) Junction of NH44 & Nizamabad Road (after railway level crossing & below flyover) at Dichpally : 11:30am sharp

Confirmed Names :
01. Mobike008
02. Octane78
03. NeilGuy
04. NoRules
05. CtrAltDel + 2
06. ArcotSrinivas
07. Hyd_Traveller
08. A4Anurag + Jayded
09. G_AmbyMad
10. Farukh
11. SrikanthPotluri
12. vnabhi (tagging along with Hyd_Traveller)

Old 11th September 2012, 18:05   #850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
ORR drives are monotonous and boring as only the powerful buddies enjoy and the rest lug behind
+ 1. Last time I reached so late that you guys had even finished your lunch and were on your way home.

I agree please wait up for slow drivers like me......
Old 11th September 2012, 18:09   #851
BHPian

Quote:

I would suggest sending a PM each to all the hydeez bhp-ians and requesting a response before EOD tomorrow so that NoRules get enough time to plan it out. If nothing gets finalized at least by Thursday night, unfortunately I too would have to drop out since I have to book my to and fro tickets from B'lore.

Hope it works out.
Old 11th September 2012, 18:20   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
I would suggest sending a PM each to all the hydeez bhp-ians and requesting a response before EOD tomorrow so that NoRules get enough time to plan it out. If nothing gets finalized at least by Thursday night, unfortunately I too would have to drop out since I have to book my to and fro tickets from B'lore.

Hope it works out.
Now this is the kind of enthusiasm we need. Jay is willing to travel from Bangalore to Hyderabad, attend the drive meet and get back to Bangalore same night.

Thursday EOD it is because my folks back home need to procure things and make arrangements at the farm for us to have a fun time. Considering it is monsson period, it is going to be really nice out there.
Old 11th September 2012, 18:55   #853
BHPian

Guys,

My plan for sunday was already on the cards. I am travelling on the same route but a little early on Sunday itself. I am going to Nanded via Nizamabad but will leave my place around 5:30-6 in the morning.

If the lazy side of me is able to conquer my mind, we might cross paths . If I join you guys, I will drive with you all till Nizamabad and the head off to Nanded. What time is the return planned from Nizamabad ?

I am tentative for now.
Old 12th September 2012, 01:11   #854
BHPian

Hi!

I can't make it this time as I'm not in Hyderabad. I would have loved to join the group though.

I will look forward to the pics posted to the thread after the event.
Old 12th September 2012, 12:42   #855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
I would suggest sending a PM each to all the hydeez bhp-ians and requesting a response before EOD tomorrow so that NoRules get enough time to plan it out.
Thats a great idea. How about each confirmed participant send minimum 5 PM's to other Hydeez they know offline/online and should get atleast 1 confirmed participant from their end. Like the idea?

Btw, kudos to you travelling to Hyderabad just for this drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Guys,

My plan for sunday was already on the cards. I am travelling on the same route but a little early on Sunday itself. I am going to Nanded via Nizamabad but will leave my place around 5:30-6 in the morning.

What time is the return planned from Nizamabad ?
We plan to leave first meeting point at sharp 8am. And, start our return from Nizambad no later than 3:30pm so as to reach Hyderabad by 6pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
I can't make it this time as I'm not in Hyderabad. I would have loved to join the group though.
You seem to plan your outstation trip just when we have a drive. Just kidding...We would have made good use of your photography skills. Maybe next time

Update Below

Assembly Point :
A) In front of Pakwaan Restaurant just before Tadbund Junction opposite Bar One : 07:45am sharp

Confirmed Names :
01. Mobike008 (Cruze)
02. Octane78 (Scorpio)
03. NeilGuy (Fiesta S)
04. NoRules
05. CtrAltDel + 2 (Vista)
06. ArcotSrinivas (Beat)
07. Hyd_Traveller (Manza)
08. A4Anurag + Jayded (Ritz)
09. G_AmbyMad (????)
10. Farukh
11. SrikanthPotluri ( Punto)
12. vnabhi
13. Ravveendrra (Laura)

Total Headcount (Not counting the +1's) : 14
Total Cars : 9

P.S: Come on guys, lets make it a great drive-cum-telangana lunch meet. Add your names ASAP

P.S2: Anyone who is tentative from above confirmed list and wishes to drop off should do it latest by Thursday EOD. After that everyone is automatically assumed to turn up for the meet. Reason we need the correct headcount for lunch planning

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th September 2012 at 12:43.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed