Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2012, 19:08   #736
BHPian

re: Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
...We do not need a drive meet every weekend...
Touché, Nikhil! There is work to be done on some weekends.

Last edited by lucifer1881 : 3rd July 2012 at 19:28.
Old 3rd July 2012, 19:44   #737
BHPian

Please attend a drive/lunch/dinner meet after which you can give your views on arranging events.

Believe me its not easy to arrange rooms at srisailam over the phone once you come to know that your reservation has been cancelled and you are already at Dindi which is half way through.

And its not even easy to arrange exotic food at kamareddy along with traveloholic running helter skelter between the kitchen and dining area.

A lot of planning,organising and execution takes place in the background at any given point of time you are responsible for making the group feel comfortable which varies from 15 to 40 people.

Its not picking up fast food and going on a drive (which we can do individually as well).

I have come across a multitude of keyboard warriors till date who vanish when it comes to attending a meet and try to impart immense knowledge over the thread.
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:33   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Just a random Fast Food joint does not serve a purpose Nitin. A drive meet has to be accompanied by great food and that's the RULE.
For veggies like me, after staying in Hyderabad for so long, just about anything edible is fine. The fast food culture among teaching staff doesn't help much either - it's either fast food or food at the faculty mess (the faculty mess and the student mess have the same food - the only difference is the people you eat it with).
Old 3rd July 2012, 21:15   #739
BHPian

We have ample choice in the drive/lunch/dinner meets even for vegetarians,please refer to the July 1st Lunch meet where we had the following Veggie delights,

Starters : Corn Samosa,Shangai Roll,Veg Gold Coin

Maincourse : Paneer Butter Masala,Mixed Veg Curry,Dal,Sambar and Veg Biryani with Mirchi ka salan and raita

Deserts : Double ka meetha and Ice-cream

Hence the golden words "its not easy as said to arrange an Meet" and it never was, is or will be carrying a fast food parcel.
Old 3rd July 2012, 21:47   #740
BANNED

Nitin Ji!

Organizing an Drive Meet/Ride Meet with a lunch is not that easy as said in words. It can't be said in one sentence as told by a Top Gear presenter "How hard can it be?!"

First getting the people in for the meet and following up with the number of attendees, fixing the right menu for both Vegetarians and Non-Vegetarians so neither feel any lack of dishes or deprived. There is a lot of running around happening behind the scenes, over the phone, email discussion which is not known to the outside world.

Important part is any MEET organized must be accompanied with a proper DELICIOUS Lunch, without a LUNCH we will not be satisfied and during lunch is where all the members are set free and discuss and merry their hearts out. Delicious is the sense of taste and NOT the spread of dishes. Lavish menu with a spread of 10-15 dishes is not what is needed but a simple 3-4 dishes with dessert is more than enough. Simple food with great company blends in well. Getting fast food will not be of many peoples taste and preferences.

Food and Money are the priorities. If the cost per head goes skywards the number of attendees may not be the same in the next meet. Price per head and food must be reasonable to encourage more attendees for the next meets. If the distance is too far then the drop-outs will be more since all can't drive long and if the distance of any Drive/Ride Meet is less then satisfaction of a Meet done will not be fulfilled.

Wish you had attended this meet fully and try attending the rest too for a while and decide out on yourself whether conducting one is piece of cake or not. Don't take my comments as an offence. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd July 2012 at 21:50.
Old 3rd July 2012, 23:19   #741
BHPian

Right. Guys, we all made our points. I am sure k_nitin_r meant well when he said we should have meets more often. He probably did not know how incorrigible we Hydeez are doing the

The discussion / debate was fun but lets move on. Hyderabadi tehzeeb dikhao bhai.

Lets move on to planning the next meet.
Old 4th July 2012, 01:29   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules
Lets move on to planning the next meet.
Yay! Want Ankapur chicken, at Ankapur or at some farmhouse....
Old 4th July 2012, 07:46   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
Touché, Nikhil! There is work to be done on some weekends.
For me that would be a HUGE pile of laundry that has to see the washing machine at some point in the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcotsrinivas View Post
Please attend a drive/lunch/dinner meet after which you can give your views on arranging events. And its not even easy to arrange exotic food at kamareddy along with traveloholic running helter skelter between the kitchen and dining area. Its not picking up fast food and going on a drive (which we can do individually as well).
I like the drive and I'm not really in it for the food, so I assumed that was the case with everyone else as well. I think it's being in the teaching profession that took away my taste buds because fast food is not just a choice - it's the only good stuff we get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Nitin Ji! Organizing an Drive Meet/Ride Meet with a lunch is not that easy as said in words. It can't be said in one sentence as told by a Top Gear presenter "How hard can it be?!"
I am in agreement with you. I've never organized an event, but I've seen others who did and the first issue they had was with cancellations - either contractors cancelled at the last minute or the bookings they made for attendees were cancelled. At times, even the attendees list shrank just before the event because they didn't have a follow-up so they weren't sure if the event was going to happen and they made other plans.

What I was hoping ('hope' being the keyword here - nothing concrete) for is drive meets that are more often than once a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
First gettinIf the distance is too far then the drop-outs will be more since all can't drive long and if the distance of any Drive/Ride Meet is less then satisfaction of a Meet done will not be fulfilled.

Wish you had attended this meet fully and try attending the rest too for a while and decide out on yourself whether conducting one is piece of cake or not. Don't take my comments as an offence.
I agree on the distance. There were earlier drive meets that I decided I wasn't going to attend because of the distance - the car and the driver, both have to be up for it.

I am not offended, but take it all in as constructive criticism - I have a greater respect for the organizers of the meet, because I now know some of what goes into the makings of an event.

I would like to state that I didn't say I was going to organize an event, but I do admit that maybe my post did suggest that organizing an event involved less work than it actually does and I convey my apologies for it.

I will try to make it to the next event - my schedule looks good for the July-end so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Right. Guys, we all made our points. I am sure k_nitin_r meant well when he said we should have meets more often. He probably did not know how incorrigible we Hydeez are doing the. The discussion / debate was fun but lets move on.
Thanks for bailing me out.

Being new to the meetup scene, I hope I don't break too many of the norms here, but I do hope to be a part of the group. From what I went through since the last weekend, I think it's better to have broken some norms, learned from the experience, and made new acquaintances than to have remained passive.

Last edited by k_nitin_r : 4th July 2012 at 07:48.
Old 4th July 2012, 09:19   #744
BHPian

Looks like all of you had a blast ! Gee I wished I could come. On the same Sunday, I made a trip to Bidar and it was awesome thanks to some lovely weather.

Bidar is just 2 hours away and can also be a good spot for a relatively shorter meet.
Old 4th July 2012, 09:33   #745
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
The discussion / debate was fun but lets move on. Hyderabadi tehzeeb dikhao bhai.
+1. We all made our points. Lets move on and plan the next meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksakotai View Post
NoRules and MoBike (and all the others who participated)
Glad that you enjoyed the meet. It was nice to meet you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xydon View Post
Ajay, I second, third, fourth your statement. I want to fulfill Avi's wish
Xydon, I am sad to let you know that your dream will remain unfulfilled for a long time

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post
Bidar is just 2 hours away and can also be a good spot for a relatively shorter meet.
Another friend also visited the fort on sunday. He drives a golden chevrolet aveo. Did you spot him?

Btw, we have done so many drive meets to Bidar since 2007 that we got bored of it. Search the meet threads for loads of pictures for Bidar drive meets.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:12   #746
BHPian

Hi!

I've created a wallpaper using the photographs that I took at the Gachibowli ORR (see attachment).

I'm unable to upload the full-size pic due to the forum limitations, so PM me and I'll send it across.

Also, I wanted to make some more wallpapers and wanted to request other members for the pics from their cams. The 'bazooka' cam and the shots taken with the cam almost touching the road are bound to be better than the ones I took in auto mode.

The Who Is Who: The red Fiat on left is srikanthpotluri's. The greenish-blue Ritz on the right is most likely a4anurag's ride. Sorry, I'm not really good with remembering names, but can someone help me out with the names on the other two pics on the right, and in the center picture the name of the first person from the left (I think that's a TeamBHP t-shirt that he has on in the pic)?

PS - The pics are from my cam, so I'm missing in the pics.
Attached Images

Last edited by k_nitin_r : 4th July 2012 at 13:30.
Old 4th July 2012, 22:20   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
Hi!
The Who Is Who: Sorry, I'm not really good with remembering names, but can someone help me out with the names on the other two pics on the right, and in the center picture the name of the first person from the left (I think that's a TeamBHP t-shirt that he has on in the pic)?
Hey Nitin, that's me in top right hand corner and in the Blue Tee in the group picture.

The guy wearing the White T BHP T-shirt in the middle picture is Anurag.

The gentleman getting into his rocket Verna is Suren181.

To make things simpler, I will name everyone in the bottom picture.

From Left to right : Jayded , Suren181, Reema (Srikanth's friend - non Bhpian), SrikantPotluri, Hyd_Traveller, A4Anurag, Ksakotai, DieselDon, Autotranny and Shammi (DieselDon's friend, He used to be a BHpian earlier).

Last edited by autotranny : 4th July 2012 at 22:28.
Old 5th July 2012, 10:41   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
From Left to right : Jayded , Suren181, Reema (Srikanth's friend - non Bhpian), SrikantPotluri, Hyd_Traveller, A4Anurag, Ksakotai, DieselDon, Autotranny and Shammi (DieselDon's friend, He used to be a BHpian earlier).
Thanks for the list - I'll try to reach out to them via PM so I can send across the wallpaper (I have another variant of it, and intend to make some more) and get pictures from them.
Old 5th July 2012, 12:43   #749
BHPian

Here are the photographs from the July 1st meet. Let the photos do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-img_6340.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-img_6341.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-img_6342.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-img_6343.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-img_6344.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-img_6345.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-img_6346.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-img_6347.jpg  

Old 5th July 2012, 13:05   #750
BHPian

The drive on Outer Ring Road and people assembling at the the 1st assembly point
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-img_6349.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_mg_6353.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-img_63551.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-img_6367.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_mg_6372.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_mg_6373.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_mg_6374.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_mg_6375.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_mg_6376.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed