Bidar Fort/Gurudwara (125kms from Hyderabad) 8 42.11%
Nizambad ( 170kms from Hyderabad) 13 68.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2012, 11:55   #1006
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012

What a fabulous time we all had last evening at Hyd_Traveller's penthouse garden. Perfect weather, great food and terrific company

It was wonderful to meet RanjitP for the first time

Thanks for super duper arrangements Bajaj Saab

Here are a few clicks of last evening.

Thanks to A4anurag for getting the Appy Fizz from his factory which was consumed in abundance ( was it free? I dont remember if we paid for it)

Kebabs in cold winter evening were fabulous

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_dsc0920.jpg

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_dsc0921.jpg

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_dsc0922.jpg

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_dsc0923.jpg

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_dsc0925.jpg

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_dsc0926.jpg

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_dsc0930.jpg

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_dsc0934.jpg

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_dsc0936.jpg

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_dsc0937.jpg

Like how this picture came out. Pretty candid..eh?

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_dsc1003.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012-_dsc1014.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th November 2012 at 11:57.
Old 25th November 2012, 13:02   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
fabulous time
Was great & fantastic for me too,to finally put some faces to all those BHP handles that I have been writing to for the past so many years!I finally let my lethargy take a backseat for some time and I actually got out of home to drive to a meet!It was kinda weird for me to get introduced to people on the basis of their Tbhp names-A first for me for sure! I am sure the food must have been equally yummylicious,maybe next time I should stay back to gorge on some!I guess one step at a time.Thanks once again for meeting up.As usual available any time for assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
I am in Bangalore. Driving to Pondy in a couple of hours. I will have to sit this one out. Will see you all in next meet.

Cheers,
Farukh
Farukh,I hope your drive is progressing good?I did not receive any SOS calls from you on your drive days so thats good enough
Old 25th November 2012, 14:40   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
What a fabulous time we all had last evening at Hyd_Traveller's penthouse garden. Perfect weather, great food and terrific company

It was wonderful to meet RanjitP for the first time

Thanks for super duper arrangements Bajaj Saab

Thanks to A4anurag for getting the Appy Fizz from his factory which was consumed in abundance ( was it free? I dont remember if we paid for it)
Excellent arrangements Bajaj Sir. Kudos to you.

I truly had a fabulous time I had such a great time interacting with others TBHPians and yes, this was my first T-Bhp meet.

The food was terrific. Especially rumaali roti and chicken curry and the biryani ofcourse. The highlight were those chocolates..wow, were those really home made? Being a chocolate fan, I loved them. Traveloholic kept the entire lot of himself, next time I am gonna give a tough competition to him.

A4anurag, thanks for getting the Fizz. In total, I gulped down nearly 4 of them at regular intervals.
Old 26th November 2012, 12:10   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to A4anurag for getting the Appy Fizz from his factory which was consumed in abundance (was it free? I dont remember if we paid for it)
Nothing comes for free in life. Appy was purchased @ 25% discount.

You did not have to pay for it directly. We all paid for it out of the contributions we collected from all attendees that evening. After you all left, I thought of tasting it but could not find even one bottle left though cola and sprite was left behind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
It was kinda weird for me to get introduced to people on the basis of their Tbhp names-A first for me for sure!

I am sure the food must have been equally yummylicious
Well, it is easier to identify by handles first time.

The food was yummy. Details follow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanes View Post
The highlight were those chocolates..wow, were those really home made? Being a chocolate fan, I loved them. Traveloholic kept the entire lot of himself, next time I am gonna give a tough competition to him.
100% home made. My wife recently has started making them and was testing her skills. Thanks for being the guinea pig.

Actual Attendees List :
Hyd_Traveller
Mobike008
ArcotSrinivas
Vnabhi
Jeetaman
Ravveendrra + 0 + 1/2
A4Anurag
CtrlAltDel + 1 + 1/2
Srimath
Ardy
NoRules
KrishnaVamshi24
Bhaskar (friend of KrishnaVamshi24, aspiring to be BHPian)
AshsihY
Diesel9999
NeilGuy
Lucifer1881 + 1
Sparsh
Traveloholic
Hurricanes
Sabby-069
Rajesh_Rawal
Octane78
FordManChau
RanjitP1

Hope I did not miss out anyone? Please let me know if I have!

We ate Pathar Ghost, Boti Kabab and Sheek Kabab from Bade Miyan at Somajiguda Babu Khan mall, Tandoori Chicken & Chicken 65 from Deccan Takeaway at Somajiguda Amrutha Mall, Paneer Tikka & Veg Manchurian from Nagarjuna Circle The Hub, some Chicken Snack from Road No. 14 Banjara Hills Blue Restuarant, Vamupusa from Ameerpet Vellanki Foods and 2 varieties of peanuts from Ameerpet Hot Chips. Accompanying all this was Lemoneez from home, Soda, Thums Up & Sprite from Ratnadeep and Appy Fizz from Parle Factory. Followed by Keema Biryani from Blue, Veg Manchurian Wet, Veg Hot Garlic Sauce and Egg Fried Rice from Hub, Veg Biryani, Roomali Roti, Egg Curry and Chicken Curry from Deccan. Later chocolates. Missed serving out the special Pootharekulu got by Ravveendrra for all attendees due to my oversight.

Photos in Post # 1006 by Mobike008 as above are :

Pathar Ghost

Chicken Snack from Blue, courtesy Diesel9999 (huge thanks for getting this along with the awesome keema biryani)

A4Anurag, Sparsh and Srimath

VamshiKrishna24, Bhaskar and Mrs Lucifer1881

Sparsh, Diesel9999, Octane78, Hyd_Traveller (advertising the Appy Fizz), Hurricanes and Vnabhi

ArcotSrinivas, AshishY, Hyd_Traveller (advertising the Appy Fizz), RanjitP1 with his daughter, Jeetaman, A4Anurag and Vnabhi

Flowers on the Terrace (the reason and excuse for hosting the GTG) and Mrs CtrlAltDel

Mobike008 with Lucifer1881 while Rajesh_Rawal is sitting

Mrs & Mr CtrlAltDel, Mrs Lucifer1881, Ravveendrra and Ravveendrra Junior covering his face with his Micromax FunBook

Mrs & Mr CtrlAltDel, Mrs Lucifer1881, Ravveendrra with his son and CtrlAltDel Junior

Vnabhi, Mrs Lucifer1881, Ravveendrra and 2 people whose faces are not visible (unable to make out the person showing his knuckles but the elbow belongs to Ardy)

Group Photo (L to R) :
Standing : Hyd_Traveller, Ravveendrra (and his son), Ardy, Mobike008, Traveloholic, Rajesh_Rawal, Vnabhi, Jeetaman
Sitting : Hurricanes, AshishY, Sabby, ArcotSrinivas, NeilGuy, Mr & Mrs Lucifer1881.

E&OE (sorry if I have erred or blundered anywhere) in the above report and would be happy to be corrected.
Old 26th November 2012, 17:41   #1010
BHPian

Bajaj Sir, as long as it's chocolates, I am always ready to be the guinea pig.

p.s: I stay close and I am just a call away.
Old 27th November 2012, 08:28   #1011
BHPian

I had to miss this.
This meet looks more interesting than 'restaurant' meets. Seems dinner meet had more takers than drive meets. We should do this often.

So, Christmas meet on the cards... eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Farukh,I hope your drive is progressing good?I did not receive any SOS calls from you on your drive days so thats good enough
Ranjit, thanks for inputs and suggestions. Stuck/tried to pretty much what you said/suggested. The Pondy trip was very good. As this was my maiden drive, nothing to complain, nothing to compare
Old 27th November 2012, 13:29   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Traveloholic kept the entire lot of himself, next time I am gonna give a tough competition to him.
Hmmmm.... Looks like it is time to send a Typhoon/Tornado to Chikkadpally :P
BTW, Traveloholic did not keep the entire lot for himself, but were had with Arcot the same time. Kaiku badnaam karre ustaad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
100% home made. My wife recently has started making them and was testing her skills. Thanks for being the guinea pig
Thanks for the amazing chocolates Bajaj Saab. You know very well, that I am ready to be a Guinea Pig for anything that's made at your home. So, when do I come next for Chole-Kulcha
Old 27th November 2012, 13:44   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Hmmmm.... Looks like it is time to send a Typhoon/Tornado to Chikkadpally :P
BTW, Traveloholic did not keep the entire lot for himself, but were had with Arcot the same time. Kaiku badnaam karre ustaad?

Thanks for the amazing chocolates Bajaj Saab. You know very well, that I am ready to be a Guinea Pig for anything that's made at your home. So, when do I come next for Chole-Kulcha
lol, typhoon/ tornado/ hurricane are the same thing. They just occur in different places. Bring it on..

thought you took them all. ok, to conclude, Traveloholic and Arcot took the entire lot leaving only 2 behind for me. Er, was that 4

Aap khataar mein hain sir. kriypya HOLD KARE. Aap ke pehle main hoon line mein.
Old 27th November 2012, 19:49   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
You know very well, that I am ready to be a Guinea Pig for anything that's made at your home. So, when do I come next for Chole-Kulcha
I hate home made (own home) Chole-Kulche so unluckily you may have to wait for a very very long time.
Quote:
Kaiku badnaam karre ustaad?
Traveloholic said, "Why defame me, Boss?"
Quote:
Aap khataar mein hain sir. kriypya HOLD KARE. Aap ke pehle main hoon line mein.
Hurricanes replied, "You are in queue, sir, please hold, I am in line before you."

Guys, lets stick to English, the forum language, or add the translation for the benefit of others (I have done it on your behalf this time) but let me not play spoilsport and frankly tell you both, the Hyderabadi Hindi used by both of you is awesome and it has me in splits and into total raptures. No translations can capture the true essence of the way you both have said it and meant it. Keep it up!!!
Old 28th November 2012, 11:56   #1015
BHPian

Since there is no thanks button in this section, lots of thanks to mobike and hyd_traveller for the photos and writing out the credits. Glad to see and know a good number of hyd tbhpians. While I don't have any false hopes of joining a meet any sooner (personal constraints), am happy to be content with the photos and report, please do keep them coming.
Old 28th November 2012, 17:14   #1016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Since there is no thanks button in this section, lots of thanks to mobike and hyd_traveller for the photos and writing out the credits. While I don't have any false hopes of joining a meet any sooner (personal constraints), am happy to be content with the photos and report,
Like the candid response.

Sure, hope to treat you with more photos next year as December is jam-packed for me so no more meets this year
Old 28th November 2012, 21:09   #1017
BHPian

Btw, whenever I see the 'hunter doing circles' ad of cruze, it reminds me of your white annihilator. Nice ad for a great car.
Old 29th November 2012, 17:30   #1018
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Btw, whenever I see the 'hunter doing circles' ad of cruze, it reminds me of your white annihilator. Nice ad for a great car.
Glad to know that my WA has left such an impact on you. It is indeed an awesome and really special car
Old 1st December 2012, 03:12   #1019
BHPian

Great pics guys and good to see few old faces, and what can I say about the snack pics, one word: Mouth Watering and sad that I'm not in Hyd to relish the snacks.
Old 4th December 2012, 15:49   #1020
BHPian

Any meet coming up ? say by the 5th of Jan. Thanks

Best - ML.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed