Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2006, 22:15   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Worn out so soon? Not even 10k on the Odo and they are worn out

Mclaren its hight time you post pics and vids. I am eager to see Amitojs Zen. The wolf in sheeps clothing.
Oh well u cant call it worn out totally .. Its just that the rear right and the front left tyres the outer edges have worn out quite a bit because of C1 , C2 and C5 basically.. One can clearly make out the difference by just looking at the tyres ..

AAhhh !!!! Well , souljah has put up a few vids but they arent of great quality.. The rest of the pics are with psycho (whose apparated to bombay on some urgent work) and santosh .. So we all will have to wait until either until psycho comes back or wait for santosh to post the few pics that he has clicked ..

Busa , trust me wolf in sheep's clothing looks like just another ordinary zen driven by a grandma , with scratches , dents here and there ... Like they say its whats inside that matters !!!! One has to see it flying to believe it .. No pics can do justice to it ..
Old 26th March 2006, 23:03   #62
Senior - BHPian

I Am really sorry guys i could not come.. still have viral fever.. will try to make it next time..
Old 26th March 2006, 23:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Oh the report got nuked?? but... but... this time i was on V rated tires guys!!!
hehehe... anyways.... it was one super fun filled meet. 4 suzis of all kinds... a stock baleno, a 16v esteem with free flow, another esteem with god knows wot all under its hood (thank god it was being run in otherwise we would be only seeing its backside and that too in deminishing size) and my very own e zen, done under the aegis of psycho.
Anyways, before i get banned, i will end by sayin that i will be game for a meet anytime.

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 27th March 2006, 09:55   #64
BHPian

Bangy drive was a lotta fun!

Hey Mclaren, your report was excellent, where did it go? I read it yesterday and thought I'll put up some photos after watching the MotoGP, but when I logged in again, I found that it was missing. Request the mods\support staff re-post it.
Yesterday was a lot of fun. It was my first Team BHP meet and was nice to meet Amitoj, Souljah, Mclaren and Pyscho (wish there were more bhpians).
Here are a few pictures.
Pyschotic Esteem that Psycho had done up

Goldie, the golden sheep in Wolf's clothing.

My Esteem

The lineup

The launch.....from left to right, My Esteem, Amitoj's Goldie and Mclaren's Baleno.

More pictures from Psycho's camera.

Mclaren, this was the first time I was racing against a baleno and I should say I was impressed with the baleno's performance.... stock that too. Wonder what it'll do after it gets the works.

Amitoj, I read about Goldie in another post, now I got to see for myself. Fantastic car, very quick and it was handling great. Next time, don't forget the tow rope or is it tow ropes? The way she was running, she could pulled all of us.

Psycho, your psychotic esteem was seeming very very fast frrom the looks and sounds of it. How many more kms of running in(till then we get to hog the limelight )

Eagerly looking forward to the next Team-Bhp meet.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th March 2006 at 07:27.
Old 27th March 2006, 11:30   #65
BHPian

Found Mclaren's report in my computer's history. As usual, Mclaren's report is very in-depth. Here goes.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
It all began yesterday night when psycho , v1p3r , wolf , shrey , xtreme nos and myself were at sam's place having a party .. One by one i got sms's from members saying that they wont make it to the drive .. Got back home at around 2 and saw that there were just 3 cars and 7 guys confirmed , so decided to call off the meet .. Immediately sent across a chain sms to all the guys who confirmed that the meet was cancelled at 2:30 am ..

Got a couple of sms's from santosh and souljah requesting the status of the meet at 6 am.. Told them the meet was called off and all of us got back to sleeping at around 6:15 am .. Ended up calling psycho to tell him that the meet was cancelled and that we could carry on and finish the pending work for the day , just to find out that he had just then woken up and vasu was already on his way to psychos house .. So he called back just to inform that he and amitoj in any case would carry ahead and drive to krishnagiri just for the heck of it .. Alarm bells and soon i was seen making frantic calls to souljah and santosh asking them if they were still game ..

Souljah said yes immediately and came down to my place in like 20 mins .. Finished washing my car and the two of us headed to dakshin honda to catch up with the rest .. On my way santosh too called up and said he would make it but would take a little while longer , as he lives really far off ..

Within no time we were at DH , only to find out that psycho was mad that we were late .. Surprising actually , for once a few guys did reach on time .. Waited for the esteem to come and within no time we got to introing ourselves with the new members ..

Guys present at the meet were , psycho , vasu , santosh , amitoj , santosh's friend , souljah and myself .. The cars present were amitoj's goldie ( the bangy-andaman rollercoaster) , santosh's esteem ( with headers and custom made exhaust from the most famous tuner in india) , psycho's equally psychotic esteem which was being run-in !!!! and my rather stock baleno ..

Soon we were off to some coffee , and within no time hit the roads and as usual goldie zooms away and out of sight within a blink of an eye .. Santosh's esteem follows it too .. Left behind are psycho whose running in the car at around 140 km/hr with me giving him company all the way till the toll gate .. We all met up once again , decided the route we would take and from then it was catch up time ..

As usual goldie yet again takes the cake and disappears into the horizon only to be spotted at the breakfast point .. I was told that this bugger waited for about 10 mins for the rest of us to catch up at the toll gate and another 5 mins at the hotel .. This with all of us doing an average speed of 120+ .. Also that he waited at DH for 30 mins waiting for us to return from krishnagiri .. Wonder what he drank and ate early morning ??

Soon all of us got down to eating few yummy dosa's without chuntey bcoz we landed up at the hotel rather late .. We couldnt max out as there was kinda light traffic , so we decided to head ahead a further 25 kms where we could test the cars .. Psycho
dropped out from the idea as he was RUNNING his car IN ...

So soon left the 3 cars ready to burn some rubber , leaving behind the super esteem and psycho at the hotel .. The next 25 kms of driving were unforgettable .. Roads EMPTY with not a soul around .. Soon i see my needle cross the 175 mark and inching towards the 180 mark .. Look in my rear view and i can see goldie right at the back inching closer and closer with every passing second .. Ahead were a few sharp turns and a few intersections .. Leading the pack , i slowed everyone down until we got back onto the safe zone again ..

As i was about to hit the 165 mark saw in my rear view mirrors that the goldie was charging like a bull on steeroids , so moved aside .. It FLEW past as if we were at standstill .. Tried catching up but in vain .. Amitoj must have been doing atleast a 190 to fly past like that .. Managed to sneak past him somehow , thanks to the trucks that came up ahead and the baleno did some offroading .. Took a U-turn back towards the hotel , with some interesting stuff planned ahead ..

Both the goldie and the baleno tried to see who would be quicker to the 100 mark and both the times the baleno took off ahead on the start only to be swollowed by the zen in no time .. Pappaji , get ur launches right and trust me ul be in business .. That was indeed damn exciting ..

Got back to the hotel , and decided to take a drive in the mad zen .. Sat in the car and figured out how tall our man was , it was like literally sitting in the rear seat and driving the car .. Soon got to showing amitoj my reaction of how i felt about the car .. It was like impressive , wooow , damn , neat , etc etc .. All this with a mileage setup running as of now .. Wonder what will performance mode get this car to do .. The car is very stable around corners , feels planted to the road at high speeds too .. I must admit some brilliant work on the suspension by psycho .. Now coming to the engine part , well what can i say .. The car reaches the 150 mark in like no time ..

I did a 0-100 run with amitoj riding shotgun and managed a 10.8 sec with a bad launch .. Psycho tried his hand too and ended up with a 10.8 sec to the ton mark .. That was impressive knowing that the car was still running on mileage mode .. Satya bhai u wont believe what all u missed ..

Then we all soon decided to head back to bangalore on mileage mode , but since GTO and the bombay boys posted about the RS doing a 0-96kms in 6.63 secs decided to see what would the baleno do in the same respect .. Was shocked to see the baleno clock a time of 8.7 secs from 0-100 .. Yes all the measurements were done using speedo readings and using a stopwatch .. Might not be very accurate , but still it did leave a smile on my face ..

Now remember we were told we would drive back at constant speeds of around 100 all the way back to bangy .. In no time i saw the goldie take off after the toll gate and behind it vasu too took off on the psychotic esteem tailgating the goldie for some weird reason .. They apparated into thin air in a matter of seconds and i hear they were doing 160+ .. What a way to run-in a car eh ???

Soon cought up with psycho only to find out that they had run out of gas ( for some weird reason the needle pointed at half tank while the tank was empty .. Transferred some fuel into the esteem so that it could head to the nearest petrol pump ...

A little further we spotted the M & M stock yard and we saw plenty of the all NEW SCORPIOs .. Took a break , checked out the SUV if u can call it one .. Nothing impressive actually , a pathetic design of tail lamps ala the fiat puntoish style , a fake hood scoop , a higly flattened tail pipe , torque bars etc etc ..

Did i mention that we also spotted the new camry ??? This car looks sweet and its time accord got some stiff competition apart from the embara ..

From there we all went our ways and bid goodbye to the rest of the gang ..

All in all it was a super fun day , too bad that many of the guys missed out on such an awesome drive .. Well there is always a next time .. Until then ..

Some awesome pics and vidoes coming up real soon .. Hang on tight !!!!!

PS : Oye , amitoj make sure u get the towing rope the next time ok ?!

PS 1 : Santosh , thats one sweet sounding esteem that u got .. Loved it .. And ur car flies too .. It easily kept up with rest of the cars and was ahead at times too ..

PS 2 : U guys have to check out psycho's esteem .. It is not only one of the fastest in town but the best looking too ..

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th March 2006 at 11:59.
Old 27th March 2006, 19:16   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hi santosh, was awesome to see your repost of Mclaren report, i missed it yesterday ! Really like the sound of your esteem buddy, some good driving there. You really need Adit for a drive in this baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Was shocked to see the baleno clock a time of 8.7 secs from 0-100 .. Yes all the measurements were done using speedo readings and using a stopwatch .. Might not be very accurate , but still it did leave a smile on my face ..
I have some serious apologising to do

I think I goofed up with the timing and took a while before I hit start. Sorry about that McLaren.

About the Baleno, need I say anything? I have always been floored by the performance of this car and yesterday it stood up well against the other cars even in its STOCK form. Watch out for this man behind the wheel !!

Psycho & Vasu's esteem, watch out for this machine. Seems like a lot of effort has gone into this baby.
Old 27th March 2006, 22:59   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Really like the sound of your esteem buddy, some good driving there.
About the Baleno, need I say anything? I have always been floored by the performance of this car and yesterday it stood up well against the other cars even in its STOCK form. Watch out for this man behind the wheel !!

Psycho & Vasu's esteem, watch out for this machine. Seems like a lot of effort has gone into this baby.
Thanks Souljah. I was impressed with the Baleno's stock performance as well as Mclarens driving skills.

Can't wait to see Psycho's and Vasu's modded esteem, wishing them good luck in the Speedrun.

Psycho, can you post your pictures .
Old 27th March 2006, 23:00   #68
Senior - BHPian

Wow man now i am jealous of missing out the meet.. i hate the viral fever thing.. ..i know you guys had fun.. and the best part was MCL messages me even though he knows i am down with viral that this was one of the best runs i have missed out on.. i was MAD... next time i dont care if i am well or not i am COMING.. thats it..
Old 27th March 2006, 23:22   #69
BANNED

Oh the reports back again ?? Thanks santosh , i was about to post it myself ..

Anyways , just met up with psycho .. He might be putting up the pics by tomorrow ..

And well guys sorry for the shocking timing , i posted what i heard from my co-passenger .. I dont think its quite possible to do a 8.7 sec on a stock baleno .. We goofed up somewhere .. Shall do another trial and put up a time soon ..

Btw for all those of u who arent aware with how quick psycho's esteem is , this car with a blown engine actually clocked a faster timing than the car which came in 3rd at burnout .. Basically vasu lost out bcoz of his RT which was in the 1.5+ secs .. I have sat in this car when it was running in its prime form and trust me she flies .. This was without firing NOS as the engine went kaput on the way to the strip .. Just cant wait to see what it does this time around ..
Old 28th March 2006, 12:47   #70
Jay
BHPian

The day this thread was started i saw it and decided to make it to the meet .... after that, i have logged in everyday but somehow and i dont know how in the world i missed checking this thread....

yesterday suddenly it struck me ( one day late ) and thought of checking as to when it'll be organised and.... it was over .... the worst part being that i was at home all day doing nothing. couldnt have got my ride though but could have come along with you guys...

am extremely disappointed that i couldnt make it... Anyways there is always a next time... nice to hear you guys had a great time once again...

could somebody post some pics and vids pls... McLaren....Santhosh...
Old 28th March 2006, 14:30   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
The day this thread was started i saw it and decided to make it to the meet .... after that, i have logged in everyday but somehow and i dont know how in the world i missed checking this thread....
No worries mate, I miss out on many threads myself. Also can anybody give us tips regarding ways NOT to miss out on any new threads....apart from checking each section or subscribing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
could somebody post some pics and vids pls... McLaren....Santhosh...
I have put up all the pictures I had. Psycho, please post your pictures soon.
Old 28th March 2006, 14:51   #72
SLK
Senior - BHPian

use RSS feeds... from team-bhp... you'll get all new (only new) threads in your RSS software....
Once you visit it.... and find it interesting... you subscribe to it.
Old 28th March 2006, 17:59   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$#
I have put up all the pictures I had. Psycho, please post your pictures soon.
Didnt u take a video of the 3 cars launching together ?? Psycho post the pics will u ??
Old 28th March 2006, 20:26   #74
BHPian

Mclaren, my friend who was supposed to shoot the video with my Camera did not know how to do it and did not ask. ... and I was assuming he knew. ...DELETED... . Psycho's photos\videos are all that we have yet to be seen.

No profanity allowed in the forum, no matter how appropriate you may deem it to be. - Mod Team

Last edited by Samurai : 28th March 2006 at 22:03.
Old 29th March 2006, 12:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

here are the pics with me:

And here is my daughter saying hi to all:

Most Viewed