View Poll Results: Where are we on Sunday, 15TH
Oi Punjab, NH3 41 66.13%
Preetam Dhaba, NH8 22 35.48%
Karnala 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 11:52   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
What's the distance we're covering (to and fro) to be back home for lunch?
Its about 250kms Bandra-Manas-Bandra.

And its under 90kms one way from the thane toll gate(which sould be our meeting point.

Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon-untitled.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
We do the drive everyday anyways.
Well what we do every day is drive in bumper to bumper traffic...this will be very different if we leave really early in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Agreed whole heartedly. I personally think we need more time to interact with each other, probably photo shoot the meet and relax a bit. I spend a lot of time with my car every day, it's the time spent with fellow members that I am looking forward to.
I am sure we will get enough time at Manas or any other place we decide to go to.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 9th January 2012 at 11:55.
Old 9th January 2012, 11:57   #137
Team-BHP Support

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
So covering 250km/interacting with members/back to Bandra > home for lunch? What time are we leaving home in the morning boss?
Old 9th January 2012, 12:02   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So covering 250km/interacting with members/back to Bandra > home for lunch? What time are we leaving home in the morning boss?
Sun rise....around 6-630 at the meeting point with some garam garam masala chai!!

PLZ DONT KILL MEEEE

Leave after Chai (that gives us time to wait for the latecomers) at 7AM.

Reach Manas at 830 Max...

Spend time there till about 10

And then head home.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 9th January 2012 at 12:06.
Old 9th January 2012, 12:06   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And its under 90kms one way from the thane toll gate(which sould be our meeting point.

Well what we do every day is drive in bumper to bumper traffic...this will be very different if we leave really early in the morning.
At an average of 50kmph, that's still more than four hours to and fro.

Quote:
Not just that, you may also have to time the whole thing keeping in mind the Mumbai Marathon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
What sense does that poll make at all if people start discussing how much distance to travel on a particular route ???
Wouldn't the distance to be travelled have a bearing on which place/route to select?
Old 9th January 2012, 12:11   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At an average of 50kmph, that's still more than four hours to and fro.
Not exactly, have updated the details.

Quote:
Not just that, you may also have to time the whole thing keeping in mind the Mumbai Marathon.
Thats exactly Igatpuri is the best option since it is in the other direction.
Old 9th January 2012, 12:12   #141
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
If we drive to Aamby Valley where will we eat? I don't know of any restaurants on that road and entry to Aamby is restricted. If that is where you are going then to eat you will have to go to the old Mumbai Pune highway. Eitherway I don't think platzda and all will be happy with Aamby valley. If you want your 500nm ride then you should agree with platzda kidding.

But 2 hours from Aamby? We made it to Aamby is 45 mins odd from Mac at Kalamboli.

Does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants on the Nasik highway or Silvasa highway?
When one start the climb for Amby after Lonawala at the base after the bushy dam area there is a large food court round a bend on the left while going to Amby.

Don't know of my schedule on 15th at this point of time so didn't vote might just be a late participant.
Old 9th January 2012, 13:03   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sun rise....around 6-630 at the meeting point with some garam garam masala chai!!
Are you really serious about the time? My folks will surely kill me (esp my son & that too on a Sunday). The ideal time to meet would be around 8.30-9-9.30 am and head back home after a hearty lunch around 2pm. This will leave sufficient time for knowing/meeting the BHPians (&families)

Next day is Sunday boss, dont want to end up with Monday blues.

Last edited by ghodlur : 9th January 2012 at 13:05.
Old 9th January 2012, 13:04   #143
Senior - BHPian

A small proposition from my side.

If we decide to go to Ambey Valley which I did yesterday, we can have lunch at Club Mahindra Pawna Resort. The resort is 4 kms from Cloud9 Resort which is 10 kms from Ambey Valley City. Being a member of it, I had a talk with the manager of the resort. If we want to have a group lunch that needs to be intimidated in prior for arrangements to me made. Let me know bhpians what do all suggest.
I have uploaded a few pictures of the same. Here's the link.
Link

Some temptations.
Old 9th January 2012, 13:20   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
A small proposition from my side.

If we decide to go to Ambey Valley which I did yesterday, we can have lunch at Club Mahindra Pawna Resort. The resort is 4 kms from Cloud9 Resort which is 10 kms from Ambey Valley City. Being a member of it, I had a talk with the manager of the resort. If we want to have a group lunch that needs to be intimidated in prior for arrangements to me made. Let me know bhpians what do all suggest.
I have uploaded a few pictures of the same. Here's the link.
Link

Some temptations.
This place looks excellent.

Being Mumbai-Pune express highway, i think the drive would be relaxed and smooth. The climate there would also be awesome.

And its not too far from Mumbai either. Even Pune guys can meet us there.
Old 9th January 2012, 13:43   #145
BHPian

We also should be looking at eateries towards the Ahmedabad highway now as it is leading the votes. The road is ok and traffic can be worrying if we do not leave on time on this route. I was on this route a couple of weeks back and got stuck in traffic at 9ish in the morning. I wont mind any place but amby valley for 2 reasons mentioned below.

1. I will be riding and will have to ride alone (considering there are no other bikers joining) on the national highway until we reach Lonavla.

2. The traffic situation in Lonavla on a Sunday morning is not a nice place to be in at all.
Old 9th January 2012, 13:49   #146
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Good to see so much of responses! Yes, we need to look at eateries towards AHD highway as well. Anyway, since I'm bringing my family, too early a start is not viable for me. With sudden cold snaps (like the one this morning) my daughter refuses to move out of her bed.

Especially for people travelling with kids, one needs to take in to account food and weather related stuff and keep the drive more relaxed than try to do 250 - 300 kms in 5 - 6 hours inclusive of lunch and loads of talking.

That's a humble suggestion from my side.
Old 9th January 2012, 14:05   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
We also should be looking at eateries towards the Ahmedabad highway now as it is leading the votes. The road is ok and traffic can be worrying if we do not leave on time on this route. I was on this route a couple of weeks back and got stuck in traffic at 9ish in the morning. I wont mind any place but amby valley for 2 reasons mentioned below.

1. I will be riding and will have to ride alone (considering there are no other bikers joining) on the national highway until we reach Lonavla.

2. The traffic situation in Lonavla on a Sunday morning is not a nice place to be in at all.

You are true that the traffice conditions are worst as the day approaches noon @ Lonavala. But if you are riding, then why worries about the traffice. Btw, what's your ride?

Apart from that Being in Lonavala actually makes it easy for Pune TBHPians to join in.

Looking at the Roads/twisties on Mumbai-Igatpuri, they sure are inviting. Considering the drive part I was about to suggest Malshej but then only eatry is MTDC with not so good food.

Last edited by nomadabhi : 9th January 2012 at 14:08. Reason: additional information
Old 9th January 2012, 14:06   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wouldn't the distance to be travelled have a bearing on which place/route to select?

Look at it the other way around dude. Once the route is fixed we can always decide the distance to be traveled as per everyone's comfort.
Roads are so diverse that say in a given couple of hours, 1 can cover maximum distance on the expressway or on NH8 as compared to say Nashik or Karnala where there are more twisties.
The way things are going now, NH 8 leads in votes SO FAR but eateries on the Nasik road are being discussed. Just adds to the confusion IMO.
Whether it is Nashik or NH8 all i am saying is let the poll close so it is a lot more crisp and straight forward rather than now ,where eateries on Amby,Nashik roads are topics of discussion when NH 8 leads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Good to see so much of responses! Yes, we need to look at eateries towards AHD highway as well.
Bingo ! Thanks a lot for saying that. I really owe you one man
Old 9th January 2012, 14:19   #149
Senior - BHPian

Well now thats the question he was waiting for...as he just bought a new bike which is a great buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Btw, what's your ride?

Apart from that Being in Lonavala actually makes it easy for Pune TBHPians to join in.
In anyone from pune planning to come?
Old 9th January 2012, 14:27   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post

Doctorque i do the silvassa route twice a week and have been fortunate to get stuck in traffic only once. One a sunday and that too early you'll have a smooth sailing road.

See the route of Manas KSM has suggested and the timing is because of the bikers that head there for the rides.

I was in lonavala yesterday for lunch and i reached there driving the fortuner in 2hrs flat. I had lunch at Kinara village dhaba which is on the old highway and it had very good food. We left at 430pm after picking up a friend from the old khandala road and were in Bombay by 7pm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks