Oi Punjab, NH3 41 66.13%
Preetam Dhaba, NH8 22 35.48%
Karnala 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 23:10   #61
MX6
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Daman road traffic can be terrible. Am ok with any location as long as there's good food, good company and good drive!

Pour in the suggestions guys. we still have a bit of time to zero in on the place. Once done we will leave it to HVKumar to work on the timings.
Old 5th January 2012, 23:13   #62
BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

MX5, I'd suggest switching to Mumbai-Nasik highway too. There's some good places to eat on the way with ample parking.
Old 5th January 2012, 23:44   #63
Senior - BHPian

Even i dont mind either. Mumbai- Nasik or Mumbai - Daman/Ahm'bad highway. Good roads expected at either location.
Old 6th January 2012, 00:14   #64
BHPian

Or may be Mumbai Pune Highway. That way people from both cities will drove somewhat equal distance
Old 6th January 2012, 00:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanonwheels View Post
Or may be Mumbai Pune Highway. That way people from both cities will drove somewhat equal distance

Both our previous drives have been on the e-way towards Pune.
Anyway, whatever is ok with the group then...
Old 6th January 2012, 00:22   #66
BHPian

Then we should look for a different venue. Let's hear from everyone
Old 6th January 2012, 00:38   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi All,

I would like to join in as its been nearly a year since the last meet at Kakori - Oshiwara.
When was this? I just literally next door to kakori. Would have loved to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

I do not have a car in Mumbai as my car is in Chennai, owing to which i would need someone to help me here. I am located at Malad East near the Oberoi Mall on Western Express Highway. I am ready to come to any mutually convenient point.
I can pick you up if my trip is confirmed. No worries. PM me for my number.

All,

I am recirculating the list with my name in the tentative section.

1. Womanonwheels.
2. Hvkumar (saar. don't get angry. Ladies first. But in the convoy, we will always follow you with me being the last one).
3. Iqbal veerji + family
4. Gostel + family
5. F1fan (if you want to see my car lcd set up. My armrest has come in today. so mostly will get all that fit over the weekend) + family
6. The kicking and screaming guy also known as superselect.
7. Ghodlur
8. Firebird
9. El Lobo 6061 VW Vento TDi
10.BolBolero + family
11. Nix1976in
12. salunkhe.vizz
13. souravc
14. yogeshnagpal + wife
15. Raj_5004
16. Shome (why don't you get your fiance along if ok with you? we can have a grand pre-wedding bash!)
17. pdev29
18. Nanduchitnis + wife
19. Caredge + friends / family
Last. MX6 + family.

Tentative list: (hope they all move their names to the confirmed list)

Free2bpowerless
Dippy
Xehaust
Akshay1234
Cartman
Adishenoy
PlatxdaTurbo
lamboguy
scorpiobharath
@Chaand

Last edited by @Chaand : 6th January 2012 at 00:46.
@Chaand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 01:27   #68
BHPian

May I Suggest the Pavana Dam/Lake in case Karnala is not the preferred choice? Lake is beautiful this time of the year. Mum-Pune expressway - Khandala exit on to NH4 - Kamshet - turn right at Kamshet onto Pavananagar rd - Pavana lake or via bhushi dam (dont know how the route is that way). Roads are great till Kamshet, there after its good/moderately okay for about 5-8 kms. But this might be quite far for people coming from the western suburbs. Google uncle says 116 kms from Mumbai.

I just went there for a couple of hours in a car on the 1st of Jan and loved it. Water is clear and can swim in it if you guys want. Has anyone else been there?
Old 6th January 2012, 02:03   #69
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I'd prefer anything on e-way, beyond it or on NH17. Nasik highway has great eateries, but the drive would not be good. Also no point of interest to end up at in proximity.
And I'm very vary about the traffic that can buildup on NH8. Sometimes it can be nerve wracking.

Distance is not an issue to me. But then for people who are car pooling, we need to give them option to go back. It shouldn't be the case that they are forced either to cut short their trip or prolong it because the person with whom they came is planning to leave at a different time. If the venue is closer, they can always look at other people in our list of attendees or sometimes even other options if the need arises.

And yes, Kamshet, Pavana, tikona, mulshi, hadshi are all amazing places. Had it been monsoons, I'd have even suggested a round trip starting off in old NH4 through Kamshet to pavana, mulshi, tamhini, NH17 and back to Mumbai.

Good to see so many people showing active interest in this meet! You guys rock!
Old 6th January 2012, 06:15   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
May I Suggest the Pavana Dam/Lake in case Karnala is not the preferred choice? Lake is beautiful this time of the year. Mum-Pune expressway - Khandala exit on to NH4 - Kamshet - turn right at Kamshet onto Pavananagar rd - Pavana lake or via bhushi dam (dont know how the route is that way). Roads are great till Kamshet, there after its good/moderately okay for about 5-8 kms. But this might be quite far for people coming from the western suburbs. Google uncle says 116 kms from Mumbai.

I just went there for a couple of hours in a car on the 1st of Jan and loved it. Water is clear and can swim in it if you guys want. Has anyone else been there?
Isn't it a more scenic route to turn off at Lonavla town (instead of Kamshet) and take the Lonavla-Pawna Dam road which I found has some lovely landscapes compared with the Kamshet-Pawna Dam road?

Here is the route map:
Unknown road to Unknown road - Google Maps

You can go via LOnavla and return via Kamshet. The only problem is terrible traffic inside LOnavla town on weekends.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:39   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Isn't it a more scenic route to turn off at Lonavla town (instead of Kamshet) and take the Lonavla-Pawna Dam road which I found has some lovely landscapes compared with the Kamshet-Pawna Dam road?

Here is the route map:
Unknown road to Unknown road - Google Maps

You can go via LOnavla and return via Kamshet. The only problem is terrible traffic inside LOnavla town on weekends.
Hey HVK, thanks for this route and this looks the shortest as well! Do we have any other suggestions for venue? lets fix it fast!
Old 6th January 2012, 11:31   #72
BHPian

Was about to miss this thread and in return the meet as well (already missed the Kashid/BKC meet). I am in as well

1. Womanonwheels.
2. Hvkumar (saar. don't get angry. Ladies first. But in the convoy, we will always follow you with me being the last one).
3. Iqbal veerji + family
4. Gostel + family
5. F1fan (if you want to see my car lcd set up. My armrest has come in today. so mostly will get all that fit over the weekend) + family
6. The kicking and screaming guy also known as superselect.
7. Ghodlur
8. Firebird
9. El Lobo 6061 VW Vento TDi
10.BolBolero + family
11. Nix1976in
12. salunkhe.vizz
13. souravc
14. yogeshnagpal + wife
15. Raj_5004
16. Shome (why don't you get your fiance along if ok with you? we can have a grand pre-wedding bash!)
17. pdev29
18. Nanduchitnis + wife
19. Caredge + friends / family
20. MX6 + family.
21. NomadAbhi

Last edited by nomadabhi : 6th January 2012 at 11:33. Reason: list addition
Old 6th January 2012, 11:39   #73
Team-BHP Support

Is anybody going from south Mumbai side please?
Old 6th January 2012, 14:13   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Is anybody going from south Mumbai side please?
Lamborghini, xehaust, speedy if they come.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:33   #75
Team-BHP Support

I don't see those names in the list above. May be I'll skip this then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks