View Poll Results: Where are we on Sunday, 15TH
Oi Punjab, NH3 41 66.13%
Preetam Dhaba, NH8 22 35.48%
Karnala 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 14:59   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Fellow Bhpians how about a drive to Aamby Valley?

It would be nice drive through the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and secondly Aamby Valley is just 76 Kms from McD at Kalamboli, so it wont be too tiring. T-Bhp members from Pune could also join is as its just 80 kms from their. A central point for both Mumbai and Pune bhpians to join in.

What do you all say?

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 6th January 2012 at 15:01.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 15:08   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Fellow Bhpians how about a drive to Aamby Valley?

It would be nice drive through the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and secondly Aamby Valley is just 76 Kms from McD at Kalamboli, so it wont be too tiring. T-Bhp members from Pune could also join is as its just 80 kms from their. A central point for both Mumbai and Pune bhpians to join in.

What do you all say?
Yes dear even I am in favour of your selected venue,in this we will have everything from Mac D. early morning B.Fast , E.way drive, Little or managable traffic jam we will cover in Lonavala city and finally our destination with KHANA etc etc etc.
We all will have plenty of time to spare with each other before we head home...Rubb Rakhaa.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 15:40   #78
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I don't see those names in the list above. May be I'll skip this then.
We shall forgive NomadAbhi for leaving out the tentative list when he added his name to the confirmed list. All their names are there and there's more as well! And I've added your name too!

Confirmed attendees
1. Womanonwheels.
2. Hvkumar (saar. don't get angry. Ladies first. But in the convoy, we will always follow you with me being the last one).
3. Iqbal veerji + family
4. Gostel + family
5. F1fan (if you want to see my car lcd set up. My armrest has come in today. so mostly will get all that fit over the weekend) + family
6. The kicking and screaming guy also known as superselect.
7. Ghodlur
8. Firebird
9. El Lobo 6061 VW Vento TDi
10.BolBolero + family
11. Nix1976in
12. salunkhe.vizz
13. souravc
14. yogeshnagpal + wife
15. Raj_5004
16. Shome (why don't you get your fiance along if ok with you? we can have a grand pre-wedding bash!)
17. pdev29
18. Nanduchitnis + wife
19. Caredge + friends / family
20. NomadAbhi
Last: MX6 + family.

Tentative list: (hope they all move their names to the confirmed list)
Free2bpowerless
Dippy
Xehaust
Akshay1234
Cartman
Adishenoy
PlatxdaTurbo
lamboguy
scorpiobharath
@Chaand
Khoj
Rudra Sen
Old 6th January 2012, 16:20   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Is anybody going from south Mumbai side please?
Dada, don't worry you will get a ride to the venue and back!
Old 6th January 2012, 16:25   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

When is this meet happening? Hope not this sunday. Too many car events already. Vintage car rally in the morning and autocross after that.
Old 6th January 2012, 16:26   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I can move my name there right now provided..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Dada, don't worry you will get a ride to the venue and back!
I get to know how BolBolero is suggesting this.
Old 6th January 2012, 16:32   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
When is this meet happening? Hope not this sunday. Too many car events already. Vintage car rally in the morning and autocross after that.
Not this sunday... It is on 15th of Jan 2012!
Old 6th January 2012, 16:37   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Not this sunday... It is on 15th of Jan 2012!
Damn! I'm in dubai! Have fun guys...!
Old 6th January 2012, 16:39   #84
BHPian

This looks nice. Another opportunity to meet the Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition Senior team members. I am now connecting with KSM, Yogen, Danlalan etc to check if they're available.

Cheers.
doctorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 16:41   #85
Senior - BHPian

Let me add my name to the tentative list too:

Date: 15 Jan 2012
Venue: To be decided

Confirmed attendees
1. Womanonwheels.
2. Hvkumar (saar. don't get angry. Ladies first. But in the convoy, we will always follow you with me being the last one).
3. Iqbal veerji + family
4. Gostel + family
5. F1fan (if you want to see my car lcd set up. My armrest has come in today. so mostly will get all that fit over the weekend) + family
7. Ghodlur
8. Firebird
10.BolBolero + family
11. Nix1976in
12. salunkhe.vizz
13. souravc
14. yogeshnagpal + wife
15. Raj_5004
16. Shome (why don't you get your fiance along if ok with you? we can have a grand pre-wedding bash!)
17. pdev29
18. Nanduchitnis + wife
20. NomadAbhi

Free2bpowerless
Dippy
Xehaust
Akshay1234
Cartman
Adishenoy
PlatxdaTurbo
lamboguy
scorpiobharath
@Chaand
Khoj
Rudra Sen
honeybee

My personal suggestion is Karnala would be a better bet, since it's closer by and people hitching rides could travel back home before it's late. The sanctuary will allow a large gathering of people to mingle easily and there will be enough opportunity for photo shoots as well.

Am not yet decided if wife will accompany me, which is a big reason I am not yet sure. Also not decided if I should be bringing the Santro or the Ikon.

I shall be coming from Dombivli, so if anyone needs a ride to and/or fro, drop me a PM.
Old 6th January 2012, 16:55   #86

Hi! I'm more of a lurker on the forums. I've just moved to Mumbai but I have attended 4-5 Team-BHP meets in Chennai. ( The Fiat-boys: bottle saar, Rahulcool and Crazy Eddy will vouch for me )

Adding myself to the tentative list since other plans might pop up.

@honeybee: I stay at Thane, near the Majiwada flyover, so i'll take up your offer of a ride to Dombvili, and i can get back home easily. Thanks!

Updated list:
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Date: 15 Jan 2012
Venue: To be decided

Confirmed attendees
1. Womanonwheels.
3. Iqbal veerji + family
4. Gostel + family
7. Ghodlur
8. Firebird
10.BolBolero + family
11. Nix1976in
12. salunkhe.vizz
13. souravc
14. yogeshnagpal + wife
15. Raj_5004
17. pdev29
18. Nanduchitnis + wife
20. NomadAbhi

Free2bpowerless
Dippy
Xehaust
Akshay1234
Cartman
Adishenoy
PlatxdaTurbo
lamboguy
scorpiobharath
@Chaand
Khoj
Rudra Sen
honeybee
Vince
Old 6th January 2012, 17:16   #87
Senior - BHPian

Dam i feel like a party pooper now. Earlier when someone suggested a Mumbai-Pune e-way dash i mentioned that all of us in the 'German trio' group have done that twice in the last 2 months already. What i meant was we have done precisely this Mumbai - Amby valley drive on BOTH occasions. Apologies for not being specific. So though we would all obviously prefer going elsewhere , if everyone narrows down upon this we would be cool to go.
I think i missed something here - what exactly is wrong with Mumbai - Daman/Silvasa ?

Here is a clarification to those who dont know ...most of the names in the tentative list are a part of a separate group recently created and we have been on drives together on a couple of occasions. It includes Audi/BMW/Merc owners.
Probables from that group here are - Myself , Free2bpowerless, Akshay1234, Contagoback, Lamborghini, Speedy , Xehaust.
Dippy, Cartman & adishenoy might either accompany us in our cars or come in their respective rides & i will also be asking Flyingspur.

@ Rudrasen
You could easily join in with 1 of the guys that akshay1234 has mentioned. All of them would be coming from town.
Old 6th January 2012, 17:27   #88
BHPian

Quote:
I can move my name there right now provided..
I get to know how BolBolero is suggesting this.
You will have to travel a short distance from your place of residence to Tardeo and the rest will be managed!

By the way is it going to be an early morning drive and if it is, I may have to join you guys later after the SC half marathon is over!

Last edited by BolBolero : 6th January 2012 at 17:28.
Old 6th January 2012, 18:17   #89
BHPian

Hi, we have been doing the Expressway + Aamby for a while now and I would prefer to do either the Mumbai-Nasik or Mumbai-Daman/Silvassa route. However, IRB is constructing a lot of over bridges right upto Charoti (Gujarat border) and post that the roads are like carpets.

Eitherways, I am OK with both - I notice that lot of people are bringing families along and Nasik would be much more fun than going towards Gujarat - as the fun starts on entering Gujarat - I had gone to Baroda 2 months back (425kms) and upto Charoti theres lot of traffic.

Count me in the tentative list.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th January 2012 at 19:12. Reason: Please see our board rules. Especially rule # 11
Old 6th January 2012, 18:25   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
@honeybee: I stay at Thane, near the Majiwada flyover, so i'll take up your offer of a ride to Dombvili, and i can get back home easily. Thanks!
My office is at Majiwade, so I drive here every day!

To travel from Majiwade to Dombivli, you will have to reach Thane station and then take a train to Dombivli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by contangoback View Post
Eitherways, I am OK with both - I notice that lot of people are bringing families along and Nasik would be much more fun than going towards Gujarat
As someone mentioned earlier, is there anything to see on the Nashik route? Else it would just be eating and meeting and no other activity.

Why not Karnala, as originally suggested?

For those hitching a ride, what would be the ideal time the meet should end? And what is the convenient time they can leave?

How many are participating in the StanChart marathon?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks