View Poll Results: Where are we on Sunday, 15TH
Oi Punjab, NH3 41 66.13%
Preetam Dhaba, NH8 22 35.48%
Karnala 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 22:15   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Poll is up there. Guys, let's get on with preferred destination.
Good IDEA sir ji, I think in future also this method polling must be adopted so that we dont imagine WEST EAST NORTH SOUTH for the desired venue.
I have already casted my vote...Regards
Old 6th January 2012, 23:20   #107
MX6
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Ok. I've cast my vote too. On all the choices actually! Any place, any distance. Am there!
Old 6th January 2012, 23:29   #108
Senior - BHPian

Same Here - I cast my vote for all places. Destination and Venue not a constraint for me. I am just looking forward to meet our fellow members .
Old 7th January 2012, 00:08   #109

Guys , Am in for the Mumbai meet. Would you believe it this is my first post on t-bhp and am absolutely thrilled to be able to meet fellow bhp-ians. It's been two weeks since I got my 2010 Honda City ( one of the last Urban Titanium City's) and can't wait to share my experience so far. Any location is ok for me..
Old 7th January 2012, 00:24   #110
Senior - BHPian

Bhpians here's my view why we should go for Ambey Valley.
  • We all can have a nice drive through the Express Way towards Ambey Valley.
  • The German Trio has already been there so we know the roads are good.
  • The drive to Ambey Valley covers a total distance of 80 kms from Kalamboli and and time taken is 2 hrs max with nice drive through E-Way.
  • We can head to Ambey Valley in early morning, enjoy scenic drive, have a delicious brunch and head back by 2 pm. So we would be back by 5 pm max.
  • Karnala is just too close, it just doesn't feels like a drive and the traffic(trucks) and road conditions on NH17 is nothing to write about.
  • Regaarding Silvassa, with work going on NH8 by NHAI, there are too many detour and there is heavy truck traffic too, which makes it a bit boring.
  • Cruising on the E-Way will be fun with some twisties encounted while entering Lonavala would be icing on cake.
  • I have voted for Ambey Valley, please join in friends it would sure be fun and Pune bhpians too could join in.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 01:28   #111
BHPian

The Mumbai Marathon is scheduled for the 15th. please bear that in mind for the routes and starting times. The marathon starts really early at about 5:40ish and will go on atleast till 12 pm.

Voted for amby valley and Pavana dam/kamshet

Last edited by Shome : 7th January 2012 at 01:30.
Old 7th January 2012, 03:40   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Bhpians here's my view why we should go for Ambey Valley.
  • We all can have a nice drive through the Express Way towards Ambey Valley.
  • The German Trio has already been there so we know the roads are good.
  • The drive to Ambey Valley covers a total distance of 80 kms from Kalamboli and and time taken is 2 hrs max with nice drive through E-Way.
  • We can head to Ambey Valley in early morning, enjoy scenic drive, have a delicious brunch and head back by 2 pm. So we would be back by 5 pm max.
  • Karnala is just too close, it just doesn't feels like a drive and the traffic(trucks) and road conditions on NH17 is nothing to write about.
  • Regaarding Silvassa, with work going on NH8 by NHAI, there are too many detour and there is heavy truck traffic too, which makes it a bit boring.
  • Cruising on the E-Way will be fun with some twisties encounted while entering Lonavala would be icing on cake.
  • I have voted for Ambey Valley, please join in friends it would sure be fun and Pune bhpians too could join in.
If we drive to Aamby Valley where will we eat? I don't know of any restaurants on that road and entry to Aamby is restricted. If that is where you are going then to eat you will have to go to the old Mumbai Pune highway. Eitherway I don't think platzda and all will be happy with Aamby valley. If you want your 500nm ride then you should agree with platzda kidding.

But 2 hours from Aamby? We made it to Aamby is 45 mins odd from Mac at Kalamboli.

Does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants on the Nasik highway or Silvasa highway?
Old 7th January 2012, 05:46   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
If we drive to Aamby Valley where will we eat? I don't know of any restaurants on that road and entry to Aamby is restricted. If that is where you are going then to eat you will have to go to the old Mumbai Pune highway. Eitherway I don't think platzda and all will be happy with Aamby valley. If you want your 500nm ride then you should agree with platzda kidding.

But 2 hours from Aamby? We made it to Aamby is 45 mins odd from Mac at Kalamboli.

Does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants on the Nasik highway or Silvasa highway?
Speedy or someone knows a good place to eat on Nashik highway.

If we go to Amby, that's what will happen. Some of us will reach 1 hour early no offense, just kidding here
Old 7th January 2012, 12:02   #114
BHPian

Well we will have to drive down from Amby Valley to Lonavala to eat. Many choices, I reccomend buffet at Duke Resorts.
nanduchitnis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 12:53   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
We shall forgive NomadAbhi for leaving out the tentative list when he added his name to the confirmed list. All their names are there and there's more as well! And I've added your name too!
Thanks MX6. I was updating the post while work so you know.

Rudra Sir, sorry for creating the misunderstanding.
Old 7th January 2012, 13:20   #116
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Thanks MX6. I was updating the post while work so you know.

Rudra Sir, sorry for creating the misunderstanding.
Heh heh heh. You buy coffee for me and Rudra
Old 7th January 2012, 13:42   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Heh heh heh. You buy coffee for me and Rudra
Sure . as I would not be able to bring Cake this time being early morning meet.
nomadabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 15:25   #118
Senior - BHPian

It feels like we are having a Lok Sabha Election. Ambey Valley is winning with 1 vote right now.
Does anyone have any connection through which we could get entry into Ambey Valley City?

Quote:
If we drive to Aamby Valley where will we eat?
Where did you all eat last time, during your Deutsche Dashes?

Quote:
I don't think platzda and all will be happy with Aamby valley. If you want your 500nm ride then you should agree with platzda kidding.

German Trio have another drive that would make a hat-trick. Come on friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Well we will have to drive down from Amby Valley to Lonavala to eat. Many choices, I reccomend buffet at Duke Resorts.
Sir did you mean The Dukes Retreat?
We can drive down from Ambey Valley in the afternoon and have the lunch at Lonavala. After that we can head back homes.
Old 7th January 2012, 17:38   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Mani, how can you say that we will follow HVK sir,I have already had expr flollowing him during our KASHID meet, it is next to impossible tailing him , he actually FLIES on land and not drive. He cannot be tailed along,one moment he is there next moment he is vanished into thin air.
Jokes apart it is best to meet at Mac as usual but early in the morning is Best,so that we can come back to our homes during decent hrs....Rubb Rakhaa.
Hi everybody
Iqbaljee you can put a speed limit say 30 KMPH
After reading all the views wouldnt the spots like Karnala,Lonavala etc be crowded on a sunday?
Regards
Old 7th January 2012, 19:15   #120
BHPian

This would be my first, looking forward to meet fellow members.

Most Viewed