View Poll Results: Where are we on Sunday, 15TH
Oi Punjab, NH3 41 66.13%
Preetam Dhaba, NH8 22 35.48%
Karnala 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2012, 19:49   #121
BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Guys,

For those asking about eating places on the Nasik highway, the Midway Hotel does an awesome "Chicken Handi". Supposed to be famous in those parts. People drive from Thane just for this. Plenty of parking and seating space. Service is a bit slow but that should not bother anyone. I have voted (tentatively) for Mumbai - Nasik highway as the road is really good with not too much traffic. The above mentioned hotel is about 90 Kms from Andheri (West) so I guess about 60 - 65 Kms from the Mulund check naka. Just about an hours drive from Mulund.
Second option is "Palash" which is just about 2 Kms ahead of Mid way. Totally veg.
Another option is Shangri La which is closer to home (70 Kms from Andheri). Brunch would be mainly S.Indian as the non veg restaurant upstairs only opens for lunch. Parking no problem.
For those wanting to do the twisties, the Kasara ghat is further up (30 Kms ahead of Midway Hotel) and then Igatpuri with Manas Resorts. Can't say I was too impressed with the food at Manas.

Rgds,
SS
Old 7th January 2012, 21:06   #122
BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Hi everybody
SS' suggestion of Midway seems good.
Easy driving of 60/90 kms one way and then a couple of hours sitting and chatting sounds good.Late afternoon coffee and the drive back makes it 6/7 hours.Back to bombay before the late evening traffic builds up.
SS Any place at Igatpuri or near about?
Surprised at quality of food at Manas.When I stayed there years back the food was very good.Maybe once they became too popular the quality went down in inverse proportion to their prices.
Regards
Old 7th January 2012, 22:25   #123
BHPian

Tomorrow's autoMission motocross is postponed to 15th. Is that going to make any difference to our TBHP Meet?
Old 7th January 2012, 22:26   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Rudra Sir, sorry for creating the misunderstanding.
Misunderstanding for what? I'm pretty clueless about the destination. Wherever you guys decide is OK with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Heh heh heh. You buy coffee for me and Rudra
Again confusion here. I don't mind coffee but.
Old 8th January 2012, 03:46   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Surprised at quality of food at Manas.When I stayed there years back the food was very good.Maybe once they became too popular the quality went down in inverse proportion to their prices.
Regards
The food quality there has always been inconsistent. That used to be a great place to stop for lunch on the way to Nashik but now I time well so I can go 3-4 hours without eating.

There's a really great place around 10 kms before the ghats, I can never remember the name.
Old 8th January 2012, 17:15   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
How about Jan 26th?
The Royal Enfield drive is on the 26th at 0830... anyone from here attending the ride- Bandra-Gateway and back.

KD
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 19:37   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
The Royal Enfield drive is on the 26th at 0830... anyone from here attending the ride- Bandra-Gateway and back.

KD
Boss I will be there with my Bull, tricolour, Bull tee shirt,etc etc .
I have spoken to Steve,Manan,Sushant,Mattoo,Nigel,as we all are a group.I will be at Bandra at 8.AM sharp.I have fabricated flag rod for my Bull. Jai Hind...........
Old 8th January 2012, 20:03   #128
Team-BHP Support

I say we keep the poll open till Wednesday night, and finalise everything on Thursday. Some arrangements will probably have to be done for eating since there seem to be a number of people. And from Thursday onwards people can decide their grouping spots etc.
Old 9th January 2012, 02:11   #129
BHPian

Hello everybody
Thinking of leaving on sunday the 15th for a very long drive of approximately 7000 kms(kohima), depending on my tying up a lot of pending issues.
If I start on that day then any place is ok with me though i would definitely prefer a lunch break on the NH3.
If I am unable to leave then any place is ok.
So please add my name to the tentative list.Would love to meet you all.
Regards
PS:HVK saar: had a long chat with your neighbor and saw the photolog of his north east trip.That has fired me up.
Old 9th January 2012, 11:04   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants on the Nasik highway or Silvasa highway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Guys,

For those asking about eating places on the Nasik highway, the Midway Hotel does an awesome "Chicken Handi". Supposed to be famous in those parts. People drive from Thane just for this. Plenty of parking and seating space. Service is a bit slow but that should not bother anyone. I have voted (tentatively) for Mumbai - Nasik highway as the road is really good with not too much traffic. The above mentioned hotel is about 90 Kms from Andheri (West) so I guess about 60 - 65 Kms from the Mulund check naka. Just about an hours drive from Mulund.
Second option is "Palash" which is just about 2 Kms ahead of Mid way. Totally veg.
Another option is Shangri La which is closer to home (70 Kms from Andheri). Brunch would be mainly S.Indian as the non veg restaurant upstairs only opens for lunch. Parking no problem.
For those wanting to do the twisties, the Kasara ghat is further up (30 Kms ahead of Midway Hotel) and then Igatpuri with Manas Resorts. Can't say I was too impressed with the food at Manas.

Rgds,
SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Tomorrow's autoMission motocross is postponed to 15th. Is that going to make any difference to our TBHP Meet?
Well i dont think it will make any difference...for all you know it will be postponed again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
The food quality there has always been inconsistent. That used to be a great place to stop for lunch on the way to Nashik but now I time well so I can go 3-4 hours without eating.

There's a really great place around 10 kms before the ghats, I can never remember the name.
I think we should fo to Igatpuri because the roads are really good (and a mix of corners and fast sections) and the distance is perfect. Also There various options for breakfast.

The bikers would be going to Manas anyways...that can be a good topping for the fun we are going to have. If we coordinate the time with them (which we can) and leave early we could be back home for lunch.
Old 9th January 2012, 11:11   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
If we coordinate the time with them (which we can) and leave early we could be back home for lunch.
What's the distance we're covering (to and fro) to be back home for lunch?
Old 9th January 2012, 11:12   #132
Senior - BHPian

Guys sorry for sounding but the BHP meet is all about meet and eat and less drive. We do the drive everyday anyways. So can we keep the meet within the accessible limits. Dont want tired looking faces at the meet, do we? Would suggest to keep the drive within the 50-75 kms range itself.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 11:20   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
We do the drive everyday anyways. So can we keep the meet within the accessible limits. Dont want tired looking faces at the meet, do we? Would suggest to keep the drive within the 50-75 kms range itself.
Agreed whole heartedly. I personally think we need more time to interact with each other, probably photo shoot the meet and relax a bit. I spend a lot of time with my car every day, it's the time spent with fellow members that I am looking forward to.
Old 9th January 2012, 11:40   #134
Senior - BHPian

I on the other hand, would like a nice drive. Some open, smooth and twisty roads. I rarely get to take my car out because of work & such meets are a perfect opportunity for a nice drive.

When I say nice drive, it can be like 1-1.5 hour long. Anything more than that, we wont get time to meet and interact much.

But that is just a suggestion, I am happy with anything.
Old 9th January 2012, 11:48   #135
Senior - BHPian

What sense does that poll make at all if people start discussing how much distance to travel on a particular route ??? Let the poll close, route be fixed and then we can always decide whether its 75 or 200kms that we want to cover.
I agree with Akshay - Once the poll closes, we can spend saturday fixing the meeting points , eateries and timings.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 9th January 2012 at 11:49.

Most Viewed