Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2007, 00:39   #241
Senior - BHPian

the "sector V" guys are meeting up quite often i believe. infact today they were supposed to meet up at Cafe Coffee Day at around 5.30. as for me.....uhm! dont ask. i think i am loosing all the torque when its time to go out for a meet... :(
Old 26th April 2007, 00:57   #242
Senior - BHPian

Are shuvc & shuvd brothers ????
Old 26th April 2007, 07:19   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I dont think so...it is the title c and d that differs
Old 26th April 2007, 10:32   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
shuvc - 'Shuv'ojoy 'C'howdhury
shuvd - 'Shuv'abrata 'D'as

they are not brothers. :lol

@esteem_lover - you were supposed to tell me something about Mr. Kamlesh Patel @ chennai.

@ akroy - arey dada, let us know when you are coming to kolkata? we can arrange for a meet.

take care guys!
Old 26th April 2007, 13:07   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Hey T-bhp Kolkatan's you guys are sleeping or what?
haha .. nono .. meeting on the sly
Lotsa happening - given our standards !!!

- Went for a Palio Stile 1.1 SLX TD - maaaan, it's soooo slow !
- Went for a Laura manual TD - maaaaaaaaan, it's soooo quiiiick !
- Went for a Maruti 'treasure hunt' drive across Kolkata - good fun
- Razor's Lancer project picking up nicely
- I'm considering a very very different Indica project later this year maybe
- Planet considering tweaking his exhaust note

- New Honda showroom up & running - will have to go someday
- New Logan showroom - guys we need to give it a dekhho.
Old 26th April 2007, 13:21   #246
Senior - BHPian

@ shuvc- damn! i wanted the "tweaking of the exhaust note" part to be a surprize for all of you guys. i hope shuvd will be "tweaking" his "Silver Bullet" too (the Silver Bullet's warranty period will be over this May). Razor's lancer project is still in the planning stage IMO. BTW, shuvc won a prize in the Treasure Hunt Rally organized by Maruti. waiting for the treat.

lets start another thread for the next meet. what say? "bahoot din ho giya hai" since we all met "together". lets make that happen with "proper planning".
Old 26th April 2007, 13:24   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ akroy - arey dada, let us know when you are coming to kolkata? we can arrange for a meet.

take care guys!
@ planet, I will surely update the Kolkata gang well in advance whenever I plan to go there....

Abhi
Old 26th April 2007, 21:37   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Razor's lancer project is still in the planning stage IMO.
Well... leg work has begun... so i guess the implementation phase has got underway
watch this space...!

Last edited by razor4077 : 26th April 2007 at 21:38.
Old 30th April 2007, 21:42   #249
Senior - BHPian

So here's some update from my end..

TD'd quite a few old Beemers both the E36 and the E30 325i's. Surprisingly, The E30's I have driven were better behaved (at speed and even at lower speed) and felt much better than the E36's. Wife, offcourse likes the E36 more as that looks better anyday, any time. I am trying to find out the paradox of why the older car is sweeter to me (or could be just this that the best E36 I have driven was more thrashed than the worst E30)

But buying a E30 means I have to buy 17 yr old car which is going to be difficult to sell.

On the other hand, Driven a few 190E's around 2.6 as well as 2.3. Mercs were better kept, but then did not like the spartan interiors of all the cars tested (I used to like it earlier but then now tastes have changed looking at the new gen interiors, surprisingly Honda's of that time had better interiors) moreover all of them were automatics (this is one reason why me being a Merc man is not looking towards them). But on the DRIVE experience the Merc and the Bimmers were way ahead. However the Honda's have kept more refinement over time (maybe they were newer cars thats why)

Rented out a intermediate car last to last weekend and even this weekend, last weekend got a Kia Optima (Its the Kia version of the Hyundai Sonata) and I got mighty impressed with it after driving the Chrysler Pt cruiser of the same engine capacity. The Kia not only was much much faster, it was eating upto 100 mph at the drop of a hat and delivered 28 miles per gallon (do the conversion). The Pt cruiser, was a pain on the ankle to get it to highway speeds and on the other hand gave around 24 mpg. My guess is that we must take Hyundai seriously these days, they are not only getting there, but being up with the best.

However although Kia's build quality was very good, the PT cruiser was something to be relished. Although handling wise both were spot on, but the Chrysler returned more feedback (but whats the use, when its got no juice)

Last edited by 1100D : 30th April 2007 at 21:48.
Old 7th May 2007, 18:04   #250
BHPian

Are we planning something up or what? Nobody seems to meet, and if u do, u definately dont like sharing the experiance with the rest of us.

Just a thot, why not a drive to Digha on one of these weekends ?
We can leave on a Sat morning and be back Sun eve (Done that a couple of times n its not hectic). Wot say ??

Cheers!
Old 8th May 2007, 11:04   #251
Senior - BHPian

@toiingg - we have not met in a large group for quite sometime. but we are definitelt planning for one this Sunday but not to Digha. we are planning to crash at razor4077's place to wish him quick recovery from his knee surgery. u can tag along with us. not a problem at all.

just check ur PM.
Old 10th May 2007, 19:27   #252
Senior - BHPian

Kolkata is a fabulous place. People wake up late in the morning, they eat breakfast then pretend to be awake, then they eat lunch and then go for a after lunch siesta they wake up have tea then ponder about whats going on in life of what could go on in life (mainly dreaming) then they have dinner and its goodnight.
Old 11th May 2007, 10:50   #253
Senior - BHPian

"Razor Ke Ghar pe" Meet

Guys please confirm - kaun kaun aa raha hai Sunday morning ko @ Razor ke ghar pe.

head count as of now:

1. Planet
2. Shuvc
3. Wimwian
4. Hells Bells (??)

@ others - please confirm and try to make it. we havent met for quite sometime.

@ 1100D - you are a bong and most importantly a Kolkatan! dont you love doing the same thing as well ?? i love it! Samjhe dada

Last edited by planet_rocker : 11th May 2007 at 10:59. Reason: Copy-Paste is a major PIA. Re-wrote the entire thing!
Old 11th May 2007, 12:19   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ 1100D - you are a bong and most importantly a Kolkatan! dont you love doing the same thing as well ?? i love it! Samjhe dada
I too do the same thing but in Bangalore
My hunger is periodic it starts in every 6 months that i am out of Kol...
The hunger for Kolkata food (muglai porota, futchka, singara & misti) has already started biting my stomach but no leaves

This year looks grim....

Abhi
Old 12th May 2007, 00:35   #255
Senior - BHPian

Hunger and Food love is not being highlighted by me here. Breakfast Lunch and Dinner pretty much every one in the world have everywhere, its just that the activities in between those entities that is being highlighted and is quite apparent given that the Kolkata meet section hardly has anything other than zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks