Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2007, 12:22   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@toiingg - thats what i was talking about buddy! we have been planning for it since ages. but like BlackPearl said that we have delayed it everytime for some reasons. but lets make it happen. if it doesnt work out for this Sunday, then why not next one? but we should make it happen.

what say guys?
I'm game. But, I think all the Kolkata members should be present. So Planet bahi, please chalk it out. You're the resident meet expert
Old 21st May 2007, 12:53   #272
BHPian

It's either that or a meet like the Bangy Go Kart meet.
I think even our ETC's can tag along for the Kolaghat drive. (BTW is clown town open/shutdown?)

Tentative Dates
27 May 07 or
3rd May 07
Old 21st May 2007, 14:33   #273
Senior - BHPian

Team BHP Kolkata - Drive to Kolaghat / Reliance A1 Plaza

guys lets make it happen. everyone is interested for this drive but we need to make sure that everyone makes it to the meet. almost all the members have their rides. those who dont have a ride can hitch a ride with anyone of us. i think that we gotto get in touch with @ Adhiraj and @ SP_Kolkata individually and know whether they have any exams during that time.

we need suggestions from each and every members and plan accordingly.

my inputs:

Date: 27th May 2007
Day: Sunday
Venue: Drive to Reliance A1 Plaza / Kolaghat Dhaba
Time: 10:00 AM
Gather: in front of IOC petrol bunk / just beside AJC Bose Flyover / in front of new Arsalan restaurant / in front of CMIE's office. (read: all @ same place)

Last edited by planet_rocker : 21st May 2007 at 14:45.
Old 21st May 2007, 14:46   #274
BHPian

I'm Game, methinks those who have problems getting permission (ok .. Persuading) from Higher Up's can get them along. Weather's good, im sure they will enjoy the drive.

What about the rest ?
Old 21st May 2007, 16:44   #275
Senior - BHPian

update as of now:

1. planet_rocker
2. shuvd
3. toiingg
4. razor4077 (may bring his car / can tag along with anyone of us)
5. BlackPearl (always game for long drives - hopefully he will be there)

we are yet to hear from:

1. nura
2. babhishek
3. shuvc
4. SP
5. Adhiraj
6. Saurabh M
7. Arijit M
8. Wimwian
9. nikunj_cal
10. Hells Bells
11. 1100D - out of India - wont make it :(
Old 21st May 2007, 18:14   #276

I am tentative. Will confirm if I am able to go...
Old 21st May 2007, 23:27   #277
Team-BHP Support

I should be able to join...
Old 22nd May 2007, 00:10   #278
Senior - BHPian

update:

guys who have confirmed as of now:

1. planet_rocker (with ETC)
2. shuvd
3. Black Pearl (with wifey)
4. wimwian
5. razor4077
6. toiingg
7. shuvc (most probably yes)
8. Adhiraj
9. SP_Kolkata
10. Arijit M (50:50)

yet to hear from:

1. indrajitr
2. nura
3. hells bells
4. Saurabh M

not coming:

1. 1100D :(
2. nikunj_cal
Old 23rd May 2007, 15:58   #279
Senior - BHPian

do they (a1 plaza / kolaghat dhaba) serve fuel for us, or do only serve water to cool our engines? i just hope that Sunday morning's sky remains cloudy (moderate shower - most welcome). somebody please try to bring a handycam. i will bring my S6. lets make it happen - lets make it big. please dont be lazy and turn up for the drive - please dont bash me for calling you guys lazy dont forget to get in touch with your tag partners.

confirmed list as of now:

1. planet_rocker / ETC / SP_Kolkata
2. shuvd / wimwian
3. razor4077 / adhiraj
4. shuvc / wifey_kid??
5. BlackPearl / wifey
6. SaurabhM / wifey_kid
7. toiing

not coming (confirmed):

1. Hells Bells
2. nura
3. nikunj_cal
4. 1100D
5. Arijit M

Last edited by planet_rocker : 23rd May 2007 at 16:11.
Old 26th May 2007, 14:44   #280
Senior - BHPian

kya guys? sleeping kya? get ready for the drive tomorrow. BTW, its way too hot n humid...lets hope that it rains tomorrow.

see you guys tomorrow at 10 AM under the AJC Bose Road Flyover.
Old 27th May 2007, 21:49   #281
Senior - BHPian

Drive to Reliance A1 Plaza - Report

OMG you guys are so lazy . koi report nahi likha kya?
well all of us had a great time. the drive was pretty good infact apart from me taking a wrong highway and driving for few kms to find the right exit. thanks a ton guys for waiting for me like everytime. its kinda bad that planet didnt make it to the meet because of the super hot weather in kolkata

people who made it to the meet:

1. p_r with ETC - dad's m800
2. Blackpearl with his friend, Rajarshi - modded baleno lxi
3. shuvd with wimwian - elantra 2.0 crdi
4. razor4077 with Adhiraj - Octy 2.0
5. SaurabhM with his wifey n daughter - palio 1.2
6. shuvc - baleno vxi
7. toiingg - OHC type 1 (S)
8. babhishek with his GF - Hertz-ed swift vxi

the meet was in two parts:

Part 1: drive to reliance plaza

we planned to gather at the IOC bunk near the AJC Bose Rd Flyover (illegal night drag strip - its a 2.5 km flyover running through the city) at around 10 am. as usually i came late only to find that everyone was waiting for me. @ BlackPearl also came late with his modded baleno. @razor4077 also came in a bit late with Adhiraj.
In the mean time, shuvc called and said that he will join us at the plaza - his wifey n kid was down with fever (hope they'l soon recover)

we headed for the plaza and before i started hit the flyover, all the fast machines vrooomed past me (BTW my fiat's exhaust note - without custom headers - is louder than BackPearl's). atfirst i thought that i will stick to @toiingg's OHC - since he was driving a bit slow but mera luck hee kharab that - he too sped away once he floored his "a very well behaved" OHC

i took a wrong highway (thanks to ETC) and after like half n hour joined the rest of the guys (thanks for waiting yaar - i dint drive above 60KPH - now dont ask me why?) they let me go ahead and again they ripped their cars past me. boy-o-boy the 1.2 palio moves like a rocket - very well maintained.

now comes the best part:

all of us had the idea that A1 Plaza is near Kolaghat (thermal power plant???) and hence ignored the Reliance petrol pump on the way. we went ahead like 10kms and soon realized that we have mad a mistake. all i could see was that the bigger machines - the modded baleno, the octy 2.0 and the elantra speeding on the opposite lane i.e. they were driving back towards Calcutta - oops i mean the A1 Plaza. in the mean time @shuvc called me to say that he has already reached the place (hmmm... he came sab se last mey...lekin paucha sab se agey! @SaurabhM, @toiingg and @babhsihek went way ahead towards the Kolaghat Dhaba (i guess miss-under-standing) and i called them up and informed that they gotto turn back. i also took an u-turn and slowly kept going towards the plaza and d*mn they again overtook me after 10 mins.

we reached the plaza and quickly entered the a/c room w/o which its would have been a nightmare. it was still very hot outside. phir kya - khana khaya - we odered for chikkan tandoori, roti, chikkan reshmi masala, tarka dal, lassi, etc. the food was pretty good - atleast i found it tasty. the waiter was totally confused taking orders from 15 people - but in the end didnt mess.

headed home:

ok - they sped away again leaving me behind - i was trying my level best to keep it at 60KPH - didnt feel like pushing it too hard. the a/c of the little car held up pretty good in the severe heat. after crossing Vidyasagar Setu (2nd Hoogly Bridge - connecting calcutta to howrah) i received a call from @shuvc. he said...contd part 2...

Part 2 - lets have coffee at CCD (Cafe` Coffee Day):

lets have coffee at CCD. i was a bit thirsty and thought why not make it a day to remember. i headed towards CCD. when i reached there, i found that @shuvc, shuvd, razor4077 and wimwian were already there - having some ajeeb type ka coffee. ETC and I ordered for Lemon Iced Tea for each. the discussion that followed - how should razor4077 go ahead with his "upcoming project" - kya decision lia giya?? ... you guys gotto wait for sometime.

then we headed home - Monaco GP was coming on air at around 5-30pm.

well - i had a great time meeting each one of you - like always.

@toiingg, adhiraj, BlackPearl, babhishek, SaurabhM and everyone - thanks a lot for making it happen. you guys rock - so do your cars.

pics coming up tomorrow morning - ghar se upload nahi hoga. take care. catch you guys later.

PS: when is the next meet??

Last edited by planet_rocker : 27th May 2007 at 21:56.
Old 27th May 2007, 23:54   #282
Senior - BHPian

Dome blame the Misses for the understanding part!
Old 27th May 2007, 23:56   #283
Senior - BHPian

Well have some updates on my side as well!! But at the same time you guys were having fun, I was also having fun in my own sort of way, but then had to, had a bad time with folks at home for the wrong reasons. At the end it was something, but not really theres room for more!
Old 27th May 2007, 23:57   #284
Senior - BHPian

when you stick to 60 kmph, even the BAJAJ RE Electronics appear to be rockets!
Old 28th May 2007, 00:03   #285
Senior - BHPian

The timing of my departure from CCD was perfect. I came home, went straight to the TV and the 5 lights went out. Mclaren allllll the way .. yipee !

Lovely drive and great company. Thanks folks.

ps: F1 rocks - GP & GY (goodyear )

Most Viewed