Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2006, 10:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

My Inputs

guys there is little prob if we are meeting on saturday like first half because i have to go to work and i will be thru after 3pm.

but tell me what do you think about this:

date: 5th November (any time)

agenda: 1. gather at Bengal Ambuja Housing Estate (off Rajarhat Stretch)
2. get introduced to each other
3. snap session.
4. back to back drive
5. light lunch / dinner at Abcos / Bowlers Den / Mishras / (china town if any one is interested) / food court @ City Centre / Haveli (pure veggy) / Sher-e-Punjab (yummy)
6. snap session
7. a long drive to somewhere (we will have to work it out)
8. return home or game for F'n'F - Tokyo Drift @ INOX

Gather at:
Bengal Ambuja Housing Estate
off Rajarhat Stretch
Direction:
guys coming from EM ByPass:
cross WIPRO (on to your right) -> take rajarhat stretch -> take a left turn at the first intersection after the flyover -> u will see B.A.H.E. on to your right.
guys coming from VIP Road:
find the B.A.H.E. on to your right (off Rajarhat Stretch) (nice white appartments). it is at the last intersection when you are going towards sector 5 / nicco park / bowlers den.

ideas - most welcome.
Old 25th October 2006, 12:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

@planet, Sounds good ..
Have spoken to @indrajitrc. He's travelling and should be able to give his views on the thread in a day or two. Overall he's game for the meet ...
Old 25th October 2006, 13:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Ya Sher-e-punjab is nice and lots of space....avoid Mishras! junk food and flooded with the so called "Bhadroloks"
I am missing it by a whisker, had it been 4th Oct instead of November, i wud have been there too...

Abhi
Old 25th October 2006, 14:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

@akroy - yep! why dont you take another break for a day of two and come here for the meet. i am not kiddin. it would be great if you come here for the meet.

Sher-e-Punjab would be cost effective as well and most importantly they have their own parking space. only con is the traffic jam between airport intersection and gate no 2 where the road is narrow and the bus drivers and lorry drivers' dont react to the honks behind and drive as if they are drunk. but i guess that is a small hurdle.

eating out shouldnt be a problem.

As Far As I Know (AFAIK) Abcos and Mishra's are a bit expensive. haveli too is expensive.

Opium is a nice hang out as well.

@ razor4077 - why dont you suggest someplace. it would be great if you contribute as well.

@ indrajitrc - looking forward to hear from you

Last edited by planet_rocker : 25th October 2006 at 14:35.
Old 25th October 2006, 14:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker
guys there is little prob if we are meeting on saturday like first half because i have to go to work and i will be thru after 3pm.

but tell me what do you think about this:

date: 5th November (any time)

agenda: 1. gather at Bengal Ambuja Housing Estate (off Rajarhat Stretch)
2. get introduced to each other
3. snap session.
4. back to back drive
5. light lunch / dinner at Abcos / Bowlers Den / Mishras / (china town if any one is interested) / food court @ City Centre / Haveli (pure veggy) / Sher-e-Punjab (yummy)
6. snap session
7. a long drive to somewhere (we will have to work it out)
8. return home or game for F'n'F - Tokyo Drift @ INOX
The date is fine with me... i'm free on most sundays.
to be very honest, the roads in cal are in such pathetic shape these days, i dunno where we can go for a "long drive". u can forget abt rajarhat rd... it's downright dangerous driving on it at the moment.
if we meet at the ambuja complex in rajarhat (utsa i think is the name), the route i suggest is:
utsa - salt lake bypass (past nicco park) - bypass - park circus connector - ajc bose rd flyover (best stretch of road in cal IMO) - red road - park street (we should time it after 2pm) - 4 no. bridge - tangra
as some of you suggested, tangra is a good place to have lunch. it's reasonably prices, booze is available for those who wish to have it, and some of the new joints have their own parking lot.
not sure i can stick on too much after lunch.
anyway, that's my suggestion - let me know what u guys think.

razor
Old 25th October 2006, 16:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the request Planet_rocker, my mgr will kill me if i ask for leaves now and also he has loaded me so i make sure to be in office even on saturdays (my weekends are gone)...
Anyway, wish you people a nice time, eager to see your pics and report....

Abhi
Old 26th October 2006, 01:25   #22
elf
BANNED

Great to see you guys are getting it together.

And you're right about Bongs, Manson - although I had a bunch of them as buddies in school, the only ones I now know are those you smoke!

If you'd like some free advice, don't try to have something like what we did. Instead, follow the guidelines that have been posted here.
Old 26th October 2006, 10:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

@razor4077 - i am very much interested about the AJC Bose Road Fly Over stretch. tangra and EM ByPass intersection is a bad patch in the entire route you suggested. other than that its an excellent route.

i enquired about a restaurant @ tangra - BIG BOSS. they have an enclosed parking lot with enough space - only disadvantage - the meet will be on saturday / sunday and lot of people will be there to hog in there. but other than that its perfect. the rates are average. booz is also available. soft drinks as well. lol. (they have separate family section as well).

lemme know what you guys think!

about Sher-e-Punjab:
lovely food, value for money - better come with an empty stomac. booz is not avalable there AFAIK. a good parking space. the runway is just beside it and that is the only thing that may bother you guys. but it is definitely worth trying.

take care guys.

@elf - thanks a lot man!

Last edited by planet_rocker : 26th October 2006 at 10:51.
Old 26th October 2006, 14:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@razor4077 - tangra and EM ByPass intersection is a bad patch in the entire route you suggested.
nope, they've patched it up... its still not great, but survivable.

i would prefer tangra over sher-e-punjab. lots of restaurants there, so i dont think getting space will be much of a hassle, even on a sunday
Old 26th October 2006, 21:09   #25

Ok, here is that indrajitr - possibly the laziest of the lot! (post count wise)

I stay around Tollygunj area. But any day/time/place is fine with me.

Cheers,
/irc
Old 27th October 2006, 10:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

@indrajitr -> welcome man! nice to hear from you man. heard about you from shuvc.

its great that you are game for it. but keep your ideas coming. it seems that you and razor4077 are almost neighbours.

take care and drive safe

Last edited by planet_rocker : 27th October 2006 at 10:35.
Old 27th October 2006, 10:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

Well idea's will be endless .. I was thinking of taking a drive across second bridge, onto Kona expressway and then maybe towards Kharagpur .. find a dhaba on the highway ... eat .. return .. But then, since it is the first meet we should probably devote more time to chatting up than driving all alone in our respective rides. Of course, if we all huddle into one or two cars, then that's another option ..

I'd say lets go with Razor's idea .. have lunch at Tangra .. and then decide if we have time / energy for anything else .. just in case India reaches the finals (highly improbable now ) , we might catch the game somewhere ..

Old 27th October 2006, 11:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Yes not a bad idea for a drive, the road is really good....You can choose Reliance A1 Plaza at Kulgachhia, about 64km from Airport....have luncheon and return...Car pooling will be nice experience here....
I mentioned a list of A1 Plaza on the route in a separate thread...

Drive, Eat, Drive, Enjoy
Abhi
Old 27th October 2006, 11:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

yupsy. @shuvc & @akroy. thanks a lot. evrything sounds so much exciting. lets just stick to one idea as of now and bang for it.

@1100D - man ...come online and post your views.

gaming for razor's idea is perfect, IMO.

i will try to give a feedback on the "track condition" @ rajarhat. if i think its fine then we can game for it as well.

eagerly waitng for wolf under a sheep's hide @ "whose baby i am"... @1100D i hope you got that!!

guys take care and drive safe.
Old 27th October 2006, 12:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@1100D - man ...come online and post your views.
He has problems with connectivity both at office and home - it's best to talk to him on phone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks