Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2006, 10:34   #91
Senior - BHPian

@ 1100D - i know that you have a good car with very good tyres and that you drive pretty well but then dont you think that it was too risky specially with your wifey and "mercedes" in the back seat? no hard feelings though. it just came to my mind.

about my car spinning off - no comments! just that i pushed her too hard not keeping in mind about the tyres.

but like i said everything and everyone was ok and fine.

i would love to join as many Team BHP meets as possible in future but the "spinning thingy" - i will keep about that in mind everytime!

looking forward for another meet soon. what say guys?
Old 9th November 2006, 11:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I don't know if its the EXCITEMENT of the first meet or what it is but I see too much of the "dangerous" street racing traits which, as a forum, I don't think we really support.

1100D, no offense meant but I do agree with PR - I'm sure you are a great driver and I know the Ikon has superb road holding but 140 (or 80 or whatever) on a curve on a flyover with your wife and a baby in the car?????.....I mean, come on, be careful for christsakes.....Eagle F1s or no F1s
Old 9th November 2006, 11:26   #93
Senior - BHPian

@suman - i guess you are right! may it was because of the fact that we were meeting for the first time. the ikon definitely has lots of potential and 1100D is a good driver but still....

i got worried because of the fact that he was driving on a curved flyover and secondly, baby and wifey in car.

i have said in the "track report" that rajarhat stretch was in good condition except few portions where there were potholes (which can be avoided since each lane is quite wide.).

i am a good friend of 1100D and we are in touch almost everyday and i definitely dont want anything to go wrong with him or anyone of his family members.

all of you guys - take care and drive safe.
Old 9th November 2006, 11:56   #94
BANNED

Good meet guys. Please drive safe/safer!
Old 9th November 2006, 14:18   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Guys, I don't know if its the EXCITEMENT of the first meet or what it is but I see too much of the "dangerous" street racing traits which, as a forum, I don't think we really support.
not really dude. apart from the much publicized flyover manoeuvre there was nothing remotely dangerous in the driving. and i don't think there was any serious racing... just the usual one-upmanship (kept well in check!).

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Old 9th November 2006, 15:24   #96
Senior - BHPian

@razor - i agree with you that there was no serious racing.

but taking the curved flyover (on the outer lane) @140 was a bit risky IMO. that is it. but i was way behind you guys to see that because by the time i reached the flyover i dint find anyone of you guys there.

@guys - we never drove dangerously. just a normal back to back drive. the ikon and occupants are all right and that is more important. driving dangerously was not our intention.

take care 'nd drive safe.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 9th November 2006 at 15:34.
Old 9th November 2006, 16:26   #97
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you guys had a blast. Nice pictures too.
Old 9th November 2006, 20:54   #98
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the concern, however, my car is capable of 175 in a straight line and the very fact that I was doing 35kmph below that on the flyover meant I knew what I was doing.

140 was the flyover entry speed and the speed at the curve exit was 100. I did not check the speed at the curve as the speed did not allow me to glance anywhere else other than the road. Yes after taking the curve I had slowed right down to 60. But dont worry I had enough feedback and knew what to do in event of a skid, (have done this many a times at much slower speeds though on snow)

However I would not like to say anything more on this, lets treat this point as closed! Thanks
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2006, 22:22   #99
Senior - BHPian

yep...lets just not drag on this... the best part -> we had a great time.

nice cars
nice people
nice time

peace.
Old 10th November 2006, 11:21   #100
Senior - BHPian

let's plan for a bigger meet in dec, when there are more bhp-ians in town. this time we can plan for a longer drive (hoping roads will be better then). if anyone owns or knows somebody who owns a "bagan-bari" (read: bungalow) on the outskirts, then we can make that our destination... make a day out of it.
we have time to plan this... any ideas will be appreciated.
btw, i got the iridium plugs installed... car's pretty darn smooth now, not to mention fast
Old 10th November 2006, 11:49   #101
Senior - BHPian

@ razor - did u get the iridium plugs from viper? sorry but it is a bit OT.

hey i am in for the next meet in december!

nope i dont know anyone having a bunglow on the outskirts.
if you guys have a higher budget than the last time we can go to Raickak @ FFort Radison (towards diamond harbour). but like i said it calls for a higher budget.

other options:

1. Ibiza (higher budget) - off Kona Express Way
2. Diamond Harbour (avg. budget - good bong food)
3. Vedic Village (higher budget) - off Rajarhat
4. Lake Land Country Club (higher Budget) - towards Diamond Harbour

my inputs for the time being - but all are on the higher side w.r.t budget.
Old 10th November 2006, 12:02   #102
Senior - BHPian

strike off vedic village. the drive is through a very narrow (almost kuccha) road.
the rest i'm ok with.
Old 10th November 2006, 12:33   #103
Senior - BHPian

How long does it take to Kolaghat ? Isn't that along NH6 ?

@Razor, are all your snaps hazy ?

OT : Spotted a Black Audi this weekend on EM Bypass - brand new. Just caught a glimpse of it - A4 or A6. It was probably crawling at around 30kmph !
Spotted a new E at Rajarhat on Monday - bechara was going sooooo slowly - pussyfooting almost. It's a shame these guys can't enjoy their cars within the city.
Old 10th November 2006, 14:38   #104
Senior - BHPian

from kolkata to kolaghat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
How long does it take to Kolaghat ? Isn't that along NH6 ?
it should take around 1 hour from proper kolkata to kolaghat.

here is an extract from akroy's trip from bangalore (or is it bengalooru) to kolkata - "I was driving continuously since 11AM in the morning and now it was 6PM.....
I was thinking of reaching home by 7PM .........

Mission over. Time: 8:45PM." - main thread HERE

but where in kolaghat? @shuvc - do you know any food joint there?
Old 10th November 2006, 15:38   #105
Senior - BHPian

Yes Planet_rocker, during the return journey it took me around 1hr 45 min to reach Kolaghat bridge from my house (Dum Dum Cantonment) which included petrol stop at A1-Kulgachia, air check in Satragachhi etc etc
I started at 6AM from home....
You people make it till A1 Plaza in 1hr 15min....but I dont know is there anything to see in Kolaghat? Kolaghat bridge is under construction so its a bottleneck as of now....I was stuck for 45min on the bridge itself while going to kolkata...

Abhi

Most Viewed