Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2006, 10:34   #121
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I reach on 24th morning and return on 3rd evening; now, for obvious reasons, 24th, 25th, 31st & 1st are out! I'm easy on any other "day", I thought weekend would be good for you guys so suggested 30th. Seems like it does suit a lot of people.

Well, venue is up to the Kol guys (its your turf after all) - I'm more interested in meeting you guys & drinking a toast to TBHP....and then, another toast...and another one....and another.....hic(!)..... ...oh yes, and some good food.

So lay it on and here's to one hell of a meet! I hope the out of towners don't outnumber the Kolkatans
Old 15th November 2006, 14:26   #122
BHPian

hwey guys..being an ex calcuttan..i can sadly say that pleasurable driving/roads are not synonomous with kolkata.... as reaching 60 kmph without seroiusly doing damage to soem part of the car is a feat ....
But on a recent visit the Circular road flyover seems to be a good place to speed up.. else revving up is really difficult..:( But a Meet never the less is possibel anywhre..where teh spirit is is all waht its all about.....
Old 15th November 2006, 14:48   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456
hwey guys..being an ex calcuttan..i can sadly say that pleasurable driving/roads are not synonomous with kolkata.... as reaching 60 kmph without seroiusly doing damage to soem part of the car is a feat ....
now that's a little harsh! guess u haven't had time to get re-aquainted with some parts of town
there are a few roads where u can drive at decent speeds, and road conditions are improving with the post-monsoon repairs.
Old 15th November 2006, 15:59   #124
BHPian

okay ...i agreee i went a bit overboard there.... Lately I had driven through Rajarhat..the new IT mecca..but even that was full of potholes ...

In my days driving throght red road was about the only releif...The EM bypass was also nice but now the volume of traffic on tht is also horrifying...
Old 23rd November 2006, 16:06   #125
Senior - BHPian

aurite guys! come up with your ideas....

bad roads shouldnt be a problem if we are driving properly with much care. @razor - any update about the bunglow (bagan bari)???
Old 24th November 2006, 01:06   #126
Senior - BHPian

no, but i did have another idea. my parents took a trip to shantiniketan last wknd. the roads were apparently very good (except for the odd bumpy patch). it takes around 2.5 to 3 hrs to reach there. we could leave relatively early in the morning on the 30th, reach shantiniketan around noon, have lunch, indulge in some adda and then return in the evening.
there are a couple of hotels in shantiniketan where we could do lunch (unless ppl want to bring their own grub and drinks).
any takers for this?
Old 24th November 2006, 11:51   #127
Senior - BHPian

Santiniketan - Sounds good to me.
Old 1st December 2006, 11:07   #128
Senior - BHPian

i am in for this.

but it is better to keep the options open. and most importantly there is enough time to decide as to where to go and what to do.

ps: my "baby" is getting new suspension, brakes and tyres - so i guess there wont be any more spins this time. lol!
Old 1st December 2006, 12:13   #129
Senior - BHPian

Guys, count me out if its a Santiniketan trip as that's definitely going to eat up the whole day (& the greater part of the evening possibly). And we'll be spending the bulk of the time driving to & fro with hardly any conversation or interaction.....I'll meet up with you guys some other day (those of you available that is).

Cheers
Old 1st December 2006, 12:20   #130
Senior - BHPian

@suman - agree with you and thats why i said that it is better to keep the options open. and secondly, i dont think that my car would be able to make it till santiniketan at a stretch and also that it wont be able to keep up with the modern machines. i also dont want to stress her in the process.

@suman - are you ready for the other options which i have mentioned couple of posts earlier?
Old 1st December 2006, 12:21   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Guys, count me out if its a Santiniketan trip as that's definitely going to eat up the whole day (& the greater part of the evening possibly). And we'll be spending the bulk of the time driving to & fro with hardly any conversation or interaction.....I'll meet up with you guys some other day (those of you available that is).
You are right. It should be like last time. Somewhere in the city. Lunch. Focus on meeting and not driving.
Old 1st December 2006, 12:51   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@suman - are you ready for the other options which i have mentioned couple of posts earlier?
Hey, sure, is this what you're referring to....
Quote:
a nice cool place to hang out (with lotsa parking space) is what i am looking forward to...
As Shuvc says, somewhere in the city with a focus on meeting & eating.....and lots of drinking (sorry shuvc, just added that one!)

By the way, our other non-Kolkata members are mighty quiet - Rudra, Zappo, Sinhsha - where art thou guys????
Old 1st December 2006, 13:20   #133
Senior - BHPian

how about these options?

Quote:
Ibiza, Lake Land country Club, Diamond Harbour, FFort Radison (raichak) and Sher-e-Punjab are well within reach and good place to hang out. and i guess ride shouldnt be a problem. but Ibiza, Lake Land country Club, FFort Radison (raichak) are quite expensive and i dont know whether it will be ok with everyone. razor is game for all of these. but i dont know about others as yet...

128km is a distance which i dont think my baby will be able to handle at a stretch...but since its winter i guess she will manage somehow. or else i will have to take my dads car.

any date is fine for me...as long as it is a Sunday and a holiday.

hang out joints within city limits:
Park Street (any Restaurant - except Cinnamon for it "poopy" food n its expensive)
Salt Lake - (any restaurant - mishras (booz), Haveli (veggy) and so on.)
Gol Park - (Restaurant On The First Floor, Taro (13) Parbon (Bong food))
Tangra - (again!!!!)
North Kolkata (i will not go - bad roads)
i was talking about these options.

good parking space is preferable for taking snaps of the rides.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 1st December 2006 at 13:22.
Old 3rd December 2006, 18:39   #134
Senior - BHPian

ok, so santiniketan is out.
how does sher-e-punjab appeal to you guys? it's a smallish drive, it serves the best tandoori chicken in calcutta, and there's a fair amount of parking space. dunno if it serves alcohol tho...
i haven't been to that neck of the woods in a while, but i think the roads are in decent shape.
comments and suggestions?
Old 4th December 2006, 11:41   #135
Senior - BHPian

sher-e-punjab is definitely good. but i dont know whether they serve booz. but sanjha chula off EM ByPass (near science city) is a good road side dhaba (with lots of parking space) which serves booz and good food. we can try out that one as well.

tangra is an open option.

Most Viewed