Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2007, 01:48   #256
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Just a thot, why not a drive to Digha on one of these weekends ?
We can leave on a Sat morning and be back Sun eve (Done that a couple of times n its not hectic). Wot say ??

Cheers!
Won't a drive to digha a bit risky for you guys under the current scenario? What with all those Nandigram bawaal going on without an end?
Old 12th May 2007, 01:51   #257
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I too do the same thing but in Bangalore
My hunger is periodic it starts in every 6 months that i am out of Kol...
The hunger for Kolkata food (muglai porota, futchka, singara & misti) has already started biting my stomach but no leaves

This year looks grim....

Abhi
Oye! you are getting me hungry at the middle of the night. Did you really need to mention those delectable stuff? haa haa haaa... and talk about siesta. the moment tummy is full its time for a zzzzzzzzzzz...
Old 12th May 2007, 07:28   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Hunger and Food love is not being highlighted by me here. ... its just that the activities in between those entities that is being highlighted and is quite apparent given that the Kolkata meet section hardly has anything other than zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
i did get your point...the inner meaning. no comments about that.
a meet generally involves some action, like spinning a padmini, cowdung spraying, getting lost, waiting for the slower car, talking about cars...yeah i know that. so if are talking about these actions, yes we guys are being lazy (atleast me). but, we do have the "mini meets" whenever we get time.
Old 12th May 2007, 15:35   #259
Senior - BHPian

kya 1100D bhai? US jaake bong (read: kolkata)-bashing started?
Old 14th May 2007, 00:15   #260
Senior - BHPian

had a great time at Razor's place. as usually we talked about cars and nothing else...and that is only reason why ETC was kinda getting bored. but she enjoyed the drive back home .

@ razor4077 - thanks buddy for my fuel . get well soon. before the next surgery get the lancer done by "Snakes"...(read VIPER).

@ guys - we should plan up for a "proper meet" sometime soon. till the next time "lagey raho Petrol Heads" and burn rubber carefully.
Old 15th May 2007, 03:47   #261
Senior - BHPian

No no I am not Bong-bashing. Its just that things are too quite, subdued. Maybe the heat! (Apart from you being OOA). Actually my US assignment has happened at a wrong time, just when things were kind of hotting up. Anyway give yourselves a few days and then you are going to see a upgraded hot planet.
Old 15th May 2007, 13:49   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Anyway give yourselves a few days and then you are going to see a upgraded hot planet.
now what exactly do you mean? i hope you are not pointing something towards my "planet".

hope to see you soon take care!
Old 16th May 2007, 11:04   #263
BHPian

Any plans of the next meet ? Maybe on a Saturday ?
Old 17th May 2007, 15:17   #264
Senior - BHPian

we are planning for another meet on Saturday (19.05.2007). calling all guys for the meet.

my inputs:

Venue: Gossip (Bengal Ambuja Housing Complex, near High Land Park)
Date: Saturday, 19th May'07
Time: After 3 pm
Read: Fuel for "us" available + parking lot.

suggestions welcome!

ps: PM sent to individual members @ kolkata.
Old 17th May 2007, 17:46   #265
BHPian

I'm in,

Time (Updated): 5.30 pm

PS: Some one pls get a Digicam.
Old 17th May 2007, 19:30   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Kolkata is a fabulous place. People wake up late in the morning, they eat breakfast then pretend to be awake, then they eat lunch and then go for a after lunch siesta they wake up have tea then ponder about whats going on in life of what could go on in life (mainly dreaming) then they have dinner and its goodnight.
Buddy, your comments had forced me to cite this story (courtesey: Potpourri)

A Dane, a Finn, a Norwegian and a Swede, all Chairmen of multinational Scandinavian companies, were having a morning stroll on Pier 7 in San Francisco. They were enjoying a break from the International Business Strategy Seminar being held in a nearby 5-star hotel. As they walked along, they noticed a pier fisherman who was relaxing on a bench. Two large fish were near his feet. They mentioned to him where they were from and asked about the fish. He smiled broadly and spoke to each of them in their native tongue. They were amazed to meet a seemingly poor fisherman speaking such perfect foreign languages. They asked him what he was doing on the pier. He said he was waiting for customers who were coming to the pier in a couple of hours to buy his fish. He expected to make a $20 profit. The Swede, a little surprised at this intelligent man wasting his time sitting on the pier, asked him why he did not go out and catch some more fish before the customers arrived. The fisherman queried him as to what he would do with more fish. The Finn said that he would get more money if he sold more fish. The fisherman appeared confused and asked what he would do with more money. The Dane explained that he could buy a small boat, go out to sea and catch more fish. The confusion of the fisherman appeared to grow. He asked what he would do with even more fish. The Norwegian quipped that he would get even more money and possibly be able to buy a good Norwegian trawler to catch more fish. The fisherman was astounded -- he asked them what he would do with even more fish. The Swede was now impatient. He told the fisherman that he could fish in international waters and catch more fish and make more money. In fact, he could become a rich man. The fisherman was taken aback. He asked them what he would do with all the money he got. The Finn was quick to tell him that he could form a multinational company, get others to do his work, and then relax on the pier, enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. The fisherman looked at them incredulously. He asked them a simple question -- "What am I doing here just now?"
Old 19th May 2007, 13:26   #267
Senior - BHPian

Update on today's Meet

Time (Updated): 6:00 pm

hope to see you guys there.
Old 20th May 2007, 00:20   #268
Senior - BHPian

Yet another Mini Meet

i had a great time meeting the new faces: @ toingg @babhishek.

but dont you guys think that we are still being lazy for the proper meets? pata hai garmi bahoot hai...phirbi!

lets plan up for the Reliance A1 Plaza Drive - what say?
Old 20th May 2007, 11:02   #269
BHPian

Im game. This time lets have pics.

Why not a meet where we all drive down to the dhaba on Bombay Rd (next to Kolaghat) ?
Old 20th May 2007, 20:34   #270
Senior - BHPian

@toiingg - thats what i was talking about buddy! we have been planning for it since ages. but like BlackPearl said that we have delayed it everytime for some reasons. but lets make it happen. if it doesnt work out for this Sunday, then why not next one? but we should make it happen.

what say guys?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks