Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2006, 12:14   #1
BHPian

Coimbatore meet and Track Day on 15th April 2006 !!!

Hey Guys,

Just found out that the Kari Motor Speedway is available during the Easter weekend (14/15 or 15/16 April 2006). Based on the interest, I am sure we can organise a track day there and even arrange for the Carts on rental.

Just had a word with WhatsFear who has good experience in organising such track days and events as he is part of Spitfire Motorsports.

Now, all I need from you guys is good support so I can convince him into organising an event for us.

Bangalore and Chennai guys, you have been asking for the Kari Speedway for quiet some time, now it is available for you... send in your replies

I told him tentatively we might have around 50 Cars ( OK, that may be a bit overly optimistic.... and an equal number of bikes, which I am sure will turn up in this Bike crazy city.... ). Show me your support fellas.....

Regards

Sri
Old 23rd March 2006, 12:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

hi Sri,

Could u find out the tenatative cost involved.

I am definitely interested. The track day will have to be for the 15th since 14 and 16 will be taken up b the driving for people who live far off.

Cheers

Himanshu
Old 23rd March 2006, 12:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

If its 14/15, I may be in. Will confirm later based on availability.

PS: who's going to lend me a car for the track?
Old 23rd March 2006, 13:13   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
If its 14/15, I may be in. Will confirm later based on availability.

PS: who's going to lend me a car for the track?
Cool, we will have it on 15th mostly as it will be easier for everyone to drive down.

Steer, would have loved to lend my City to you but it is in garage now, gone there for a paint job that cost me a bomb :(.... I can arrange for Carts on rental, but who knows, might even get my City on track. If I do, she's all yours .... no major mods though.... it's a stock 1.5 City with K&N and Iridium Spark Plugs.... if I get lucky, she might have freeflow headers and exhaust by then, chances are again, slim....
Old 23rd March 2006, 13:55   #5

Cool, very much intrested but will 100% confirm later as I mite have to travel out of India.

What will be the charges per head?
Old 23rd March 2006, 18:04   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Oh im interested for sure .. Shall make it to the track provided its reasonably priced like the ones at chennai .. Shall drag along a couple of other bangy boys too ..

Steeroid , u can drive my baby around !!!

Also , how far is coimby from bangy and how are the roads ??
Old 23rd March 2006, 18:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Oh im interested for sure .. Shall make it to the track provided its reasonably priced like the ones at chennai .. Shall drag along a couple of other bangy boys too ..

Also , how far is coimby from bangy and how are the roads ??
I will confirm on the rates by Monday... still in talks with the motorsports club here on that one. I can assure you though, that the rates will be reasonable.

There you go Steer.... you have a choice now

Re. Roads to Cbe, the direct route is via Krishnagiri, Salem... you guys know better about it. There's a 50 KM stretch where you have some road in the middle of potholes, but largely it is good. Will get up to date info on that by Monday.

A better alternative may be to take the Mysore/Bannari/Sathy/Cbe route. From Mysore, it is roughly about 3.5 to 4 Hours under normal ( Read it as 80/90 KM/H ) driving conditions. You have some hills and hairpin bends so that could be some fun.

Will post more on this later....
Old 23rd March 2006, 18:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1 Vtec and 1 Baleno....I'm too scared to choose, lest the meet become another TBHP thread. So to be neutral and non-controversial I might have to ride kb100's CRDi with the 195 Michelins and Pete's Step 1.

His tyres are better than yours, anyway.

Or that Swift which has allegedly got just a K&N filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver
A better alternative may be to take the Mysore/Bannari/Sathy/Cbe route. From Mysore, it is roughly about 3.5 to 4 Hours under normal ( Read it as 80/90 KM/H ) driving conditions. You have some hills and hairpin bends so that could be some fun.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Last edited by Steeroid : 23rd March 2006 at 18:26.
Old 23rd March 2006, 18:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
1 Vtec and 1 Baleno....I'm too scared to choose, lest the meet become another TBHP thread.
Ha... good one... BTW, mine is a 1.5 Exi... the non-VTEC City. Still kicking myself for a decision I made 3 years ago not to spend that extra 1 Lac and odd.

BTW, your decision to drive KB100s CRDi may be a good one considering it accelerates like a rocket now, and the fact that the Speedway has a long straight where you can do some good speeds......

Godspeed!
Old 23rd March 2006, 18:40   #10
BANNED

Quote:
1 Vtec and 1 Baleno....I'm too scared to choose, lest the meet become another TBHP thread. So to be neutral and non-controversial I might have to ride kb100's CRDi with the 195 Michelins and Pete's Step 1.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
u could actually have a slice of both .. Crdi with pete's tuning box sounds damn exciting too .. I think at the last track day the accent crdi came out with some shocking lap times ..

Hhhmm .. Dont think many of us would favour the krishnagiri route , its too monotonous and can easily put one to sleep ( for more on that contact psycho ) .. The other route seems interesting .. Now i better learn a few tricks to rope in a few guys .. Could well work well with the long drives , national meets and track days ..
Old 23rd March 2006, 20:06   #11

better route

Quote:
u could actually have a slice of both .. Crdi
Hhhmm .. Dont think many of us would favour the krishnagiri route , its too monotonous and can easily put one to sleep ( for more on that contact psycho ) .. The other route seems interesting .. Now i better learn a few tricks to rope in a few guys .. Could well work well with the long drives , national meets and track days ..
I think best route will be Mysore, Gundlupet, Mudhumalai, Ooty via Segur Ghat, Kotagiri and Coimbatore, the most scenic of the lot Mysore - Coimbatore about 4-5 hrs, longer but I think nicer than via Sathy...my 2cents
Old 23rd March 2006, 20:17   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsfear
I think best route will be Mysore, Gundlupet, Mudhumalai, Ooty via Segur Ghat, Kotagiri and Coimbatore, the most scenic of the lot Mysore - Coimbatore about 4-5 hrs, longer but I think nicer than via Sathy...my 2cents
I second that.... only thing to note, take the route to Ooty via Segur and NOT via Gudalur.... I did that last week and it took mm 2.5 hours to cross 50 KMs
Old 23rd March 2006, 20:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

HEY ALL!!... Sorry me bin bizzy getting lil orange thingy's sfitted.... heh heh heh heh I am feeeling way tooo wikked rite now!!..heh heh heh heh

I am in the process of mating the car to the box and vice-versa!~! ... and Peter and his team from Petes are going out of their way to help !!

Lap times??... who knows!!! ... heh heh heh....
Old 23rd March 2006, 21:01   #14
BANNED

Ok a slight problem .. Speedrun seems to be around the corner , tentative dates being 22nd and 23rd .. Also hear that another drag might happen at the same weekend as the dates decided by u guys .. So not quite sure if u could see a huge turnout from bangalore ..

Is there any possibility for you guys to postpone the track day ??
Old 23rd March 2006, 22:36   #15
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Mclaren.

IF dates clash, forget the turnout from bangalore.

Most Viewed