Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 10:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)

Folks,
It was indeed a very good experience interacting with all of you. A fantastic ride and should say thank you for all the support provided to us bikers. Hopefully the safari made it back without any stress. SSJR's honda city should be seen to believe it. Amazing exhaust note. Thanks to Shamanth & Nikhil for letting me use their cars for the bag

Hopefully we get to see more entrants join the motorcycling brigade.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 10:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Some collections from me. Posting small size since my office don't let me to use USB, taking it from snapfish.
Attached Thumbnails
Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-0.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-1.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-2.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-3.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-4.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-5.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-6.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-7.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-8.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-9.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-11.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-13.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-14.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-15.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-17.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-19.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-20.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-21.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-24.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-25.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-26.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-27.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-28.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-29.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-30.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-33.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-31.jpg  

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-34.jpg  

Attached Images

shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 11:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

A Suggestion, would be good to connect names+faces+handles, for folks who were not able to make it to the meet. So if someone could pen down names and handles of folks in pictures it would be awesome. Cheers
Old 20th February 2012, 11:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Hey - thanks. Gives me an excuse to go back & do that section
Condor, Verna has a big smile already, good excuse for this weekend to TD the NH-206

-Sajan
Old 20th February 2012, 11:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
A Suggestion, would be good to connect names+faces+handles, for folks who were not able to make it to the meet. So if someone could pen down names and handles of folks in pictures it would be awesome. Cheers
Karthik has a group photo, probably it is better adding the names and handles to it, so that we get everybody there.
Old 20th February 2012, 11:22   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Photos from secondary official camera on the way My version of the T-log is in progress and should be out tonight. That will have name = handle associations.

@Rk_sans - group photo was taken with Schoudhury's camera. Guess he will put up that as part of his uploads when he does it.
Old 20th February 2012, 11:22   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Condor, Verna has a big smile already, good excuse for this weekend to TD the NH-206
Nah - I have other excuses this weekend .. The Ikon's waiting.
Old 20th February 2012, 11:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to put in my thanks to Avjit(asdon), one man army in setting up the show completely end to end. Primary Escalation to get the right food and spot for campfire
Fantastic Job Sir, looking forward for future meets.
Old 20th February 2012, 11:42   #24
BHPian

This was my first T-BHP meet and I enjoyed the drive as well as the company of gear heads. It was a pleasure to meet the real people behind the T-BHP handles and to get to know a few of you. Thank you for making the weekend one to remember.

And a special thanks to Asdon: Avijit, managing 40+ people in 20+ vehicles is no mean task. You had things completely under control and pulled off the event very well. A special thanks to you!

I have taken very few snaps; work will keep me busy for most of this working week. I should add a few snaps to this thread by end of this week.

Happy mile-crunching
chetan_l is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 11:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hope the Safari reached bangalore safe without any issues.

-Sajan
Yes Sir.The safari dint complain on the way back.Took us home safely.Now I know why people call it a self healing SUV.

Overall it was an amazing drive and meet.

First would like to thank the biking musketeers who ensured that the pack of cars don't get lost and were seen at every confusing junctions directing the cars towards the right turns to take.
And special thanks for Mahesh and Santosh to give me company and support during the last 20 kms of the mountain stretch where my car was literally in the limp mode.I can imagine how frustrating it would have been for them , I mean imagine having 1000cc machine but you are not belting it just because you want to ensure that the limping safari is going ahead of you and reaches the destination safely.Proud of my new found friends.

Special thanks to Parwath(Condor) Sir for giving the right advises with respect to planning the journey back.And also to ssjr0498 for all the technical guidance he gave.

And not to forget Shishir who tagged along all the way to Hassan to guide me back so that I can take my sick beast home safely.

Man thanked so many friends and still feel that I missed so many.

I have attended so many t-bhp trips but this one was special and close to the heart.Why because I could sit and drink chilled pepsi and eat some real good fried animals at night with all of you friends.Still remember going back to bed with a grin on my face and a confused look on Avi dada's at 2am at night.

And before I forget let me tell you I met another walking encyclopedia of cars and tyres named Nikhil.LoL.I am running out of smileys so will post later where I can add 2 more.

Overall I can easily say that this was the best weekend after the one when India won the world cup.

Oops before I forget let me add one more to the Thanksgiving list.To Avijit dada for organizing such a huge meet, single handedly and with no flaws to point out.!! Amazing job Avi dada.

And now to conclude I have question to everyone.
When is the next trip?

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 20th February 2012 at 11:53.
Alter_Ego is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 11:53   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

This was simply an EPIC weekend!

Asdon, first of all THANKS a ton for taking the lead and organising the entire thing for us lazy bums! Hats off to you!

Secondly, I'm sure you guys taking Kudoor route had fun but believe me, we didnt have any less fun either! My brakes had started fading by the time we reached Hassan! We were having THAT much fun! I guess now, both routes are TBHP certified!

@Shrey --- That stretch was simply incredible! I am dying to do it again inspite of driving yesterday on that stretch on our return journey.

@shamanth --- You disappeared mate! I went to fill fuel and when I got back(without fuelling up!), you had disappeared! Never got to say bye and thanks for the company on that super fun stretch in the ghats!

It was really great meeting up with the rest of the guys and their wonderful families! Schoudhary, Floyd.Bell, Vinay, Chetan_I, AlphaKilo, Shishir, Avinash and everyone else whose names I havent mentioned here!

A special thanks to the biker boys who made the trip even more fun! What I really loved was their sanity and grounded way of biking! Makes me want to start biking really really soon! Niranjan, Santosh, Mahesh and Aditya! You guys were the stars of the trip!

Floyd.Bell's W124 was clearly the favourite car of most of the people on the trip. It has such an amazing charisma and presence!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 11:54   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Yes Sir.The safari dint complain on the way back.Took us home safely.Now I know why people call it a self healing SUV.

Overall it was an amazing drive and meet.

First would like to thank the biking musketeers who ensured that the pack of cars don't get lost and were seen at every confusing junctions directing the cars towards the right turns to take.
Good to know that you reached home safe. Make sure you send a PM to condor on the issues and get the white elephant all ready for the next trip

-Sajan

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th February 2012 at 12:43. Reason: Please DO NOT quote large text, videos and pictures as it inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
Old 20th February 2012, 11:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Forgot to put in my thanks to Avjit(asdon), one man army in setting up the show completely end to end. Primary Escalation to get the right food and spot for campfire
Fantastic Job Sir, looking forward for future meets.
I should thank you four, for bringing those two legged horses. Don't be surprised if yoy see one more green bug joins your company soon.

Last edited by asdon : 20th February 2012 at 12:04.
Old 20th February 2012, 12:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I should thank you four, for bringing those two legged horses. Don't be syrprised if yoy see one more green bug joins your company soon.
Would be one of the first person to welcome you onboard a greenie For sure do join us. Motorcycling is again all the more fun and adventurous as well.

And yes it was indeed a humbling experience hearing to all the compliments and getting to know that motorcycles still have a lot of fan following

Last edited by ku69rd : 20th February 2012 at 12:09.
Old 20th February 2012, 12:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Convoy view from ORVM.

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-dscn4470.jpg

Most Viewed